• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Why do I need to disprove people who put me down?

mental health insecurity

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RubiksKid

• 32 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 05:28 PM

I've noticed that I have a need to disprove people who put me down, even if these people themselves are garbage. I obviously shouldn't place any value on their judgement, but somehow it still bothers me. A while ago, for example, a girl called me a loser because I was short and "just a busser," and now I'm about 6 foot (through cosmetic limb lengthening) and make 6 figures, and I really just want to rub her face in it. By contrast, she's an alcoholic who can't even maintain custody of her own kids. Anyway, I'm just curious where this comes from. Does it stem from insecurity? What's wrong with me?

Edited by RubiksKid, 23 June 2021 - 05:28 PM.

#2 brian1965

• 44 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 July 2021 - 03:06 AM

It sounds like she underestimated you.

Usually people that feel the need to put down others are suffering from their own insecurities. I would just feel bad for her, and keep working to improve yourself.

And by the way, the first step to overcoming anything, is recognizing that the problem exists. So good for you for being able to ask these questions of yourself.
  • like x 1

#3 RubiksKid

• Topic Starter
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 05:55 PM

It sounds like she underestimated you.

Usually people that feel the need to put down others are suffering from their own insecurities. I would just feel bad for her, and keep working to improve yourself.

And by the way, the first step to overcoming anything, is recognizing that the problem exists. So good for you for being able to ask these questions of yourself.

I appreciate the response. You make some good points. I just wish I knew exactly what it was inside me that makes me care because I really feel like I shouldn't. Regardless, I'm going to continue with my self improvement. I'll see where it takes me.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mental health, insecurity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users