• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Help me solve this mystery. Choline- and NO-indused depression and headache.

#depression #choline #nitric_oxide #headache

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tito_the_Bear

• 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 08:12 PM

Help me solve this mystery. Choline- and NO-indused depression and headache.
(English is not my native language, so ignore mistakes please)
Hi. I know this was discussed repeatedly here, but i didnt find the answer for my main question: WHAT in the name of all that is holy causes this exhausting, overwhelming depression and headache, which i get from any drugs, supplement or meal, containing choline, nicotinic agonists or nitric oxide donors, as well as from intense physical activity or hot bath (both increase NO release)? Its not a genetic issue, most of my life i've not had this problem, its lasting only three last years (im 28). Its not a inflammatory issue, because immuno-stimulatory supps such as beta-glucans or echinacea extract dont exacerbate this symptome and my blood systemic inflammatory markers are very low. NAC partially prevents this reaction, but only partially and i dont want to take it permanently. Methylfolate attenuates this, but in very high, non-physiological doses, which causes unpleasant side effects. Inosine pranobex, immuno-stimulatory drug, which i have been taking sometimes for viral respiratory infections prevention after contact with infected people, suddenly dramatically attenuated most of symptoms, but nor inosine alone (this drug's component), nor PABA (precursor of another its component - acetamidobenzoic acid) - dont have this properties. I don't found any information about physiological effects of its third component dimethylaminoisopropanol.
Fresh grapefruit markedly alleviates it, but not grapefruit extract from supplements.

And one more thing: since it began, i notice that my body odor has changed: it became more strong and has gained notes of smoked meat

So... What is it? Deficiency of some nutrients? I have been taking plenty of varied drugs, including prescriptioned, supplements, minerals and vitamins in varied forms, but nothing becides above didnt do anything with this. I planing to try SAM-e, because my research has led to the idea that its deficiency may be involved in this condition. If its doesn’t help, I’ll be stumped.

#2 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 August 2021 - 07:26 PM

For me choline makes my memories/moments more nostalgic. Take it with L-Tyrosine supplement and see if it works better.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users