- - - - -

Are CR mimetics worth it?

cr mimetics resveratrol

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RubiksKid

• 32 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 12:16 AM

Is there any consensus regarding the efficacy of CR mimetics? I know there used to be a lot of hype surrounding resveratrol. Did it ever pan out? 

#2 rodentman

• 208 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 04:06 AM

CR mimetics are a really broad concept.  When discussing mTOR, AMPK and SIRTs, etc... these are all pathways that are potentially mimicking mechanisms that CR activates.

So metformin, for example is thought to mimic CR by activating AMPK (among other things)

resveratrol is thought to mimic CR by activating SIRT1.

Rapamycin ..... mTOR

etc etc

Which ones work?  the jury is still out, but there's some pretty good data on Rapamycin, NAD+ precursors, and metformin.

But my personal favorite CR mimetic is intermittent fasting.  :-D

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 RubiksKid

• Topic Starter
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 10:52 AM

Which ones work?  the jury is still out, but there's some pretty good data on Rapamycin, NAD+ precursors, and metformin.

But my personal favorite CR mimetic is intermittent fasting.  :-D

I'm fairly maxed out in terms of supplement funds right now, but I'll do some research on the ones you listed. My finances will only improve in the future.

And intermittent fasting isn't really a viable option for me. I'm already underweight. I'm trying to gain weight. :(

#4 rodentman

• 208 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 08:51 PM

I'm fairly maxed out in terms of supplement funds right now, but I'll do some research on the ones you listed. My finances will only improve in the future.

And intermittent fasting isn't really a viable option for me. I'm already underweight. I'm trying to gain weight. :(

A lot of the mTOR, AMPK and SIRTs, etc activators don't seem to be a big help for younger people, not until you hit your 40s or 50s.  This includes both NMN and Rapamycin.   I'm assuming your on the younger side, so if that's the case, I would hold off on them.

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 RubiksKid

• Topic Starter
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 04:18 AM

A lot of the mTOR, AMPK and SIRTs, etc activators don't seem to be a big help for younger people, not until you hit your 40s or 50s.  This includes both NMN and Rapamycin.   I'm assuming your on the younger side, so if that's the case, I would hold off on them.

Oh, I see! Thank you for letting me know! I appreciate it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cr mimetics, resveratrol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users