German Doctor Administered Homemade Vaccine to 20K People

coronavirus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 03:45 PM

Well here's something you don't read every day.

German doctor faces charges after administering thousands of self-made vaccines

I wondered about the veracity of this news article, but the doctor does seem to have a website discussing his vaccine.

"LUBECAVAX”: NEWS ABOUT THE INDIVIDUAL ANTI-CORONAVIRUS VACCINE FROM LÜBECK

Edited by Daniel Cooper, 30 November 2021 - 03:55 PM.

• Informative x 2

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 11:29 PM

Being of a libertarian bent, I am not greatly disturbed by researchers and scientists independently creating medicines or vaccines. Many government approved substances, drugs, and treatments have killed millions of people through the years - with malfeasance often noted.

• Good Point x 1

#3 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 01:22 AM

From the second link, it appears that doctors in Germany are legally permitted to do things like this, so it is not clear to me that the charges will stick.

It looks to me like this man’s biggest crime is coming up with a smarter strategy than any of the big pharmaceutical companies:

The Lübeck vaccine uses a tailored, small and trivial genetically engineered antigen that the body does not need to synthesise itself as is the case with nucleic acid-based methods. ...it induces the production of antibodies against the Spike protein of SARS-Cov2 ...In Germany and Austria, several physicians have already started to legally use the Lübeck procedure in this way – in several thousand cases. We are overseeing more than 800 individual cases. None of the vaccinated persons became ill, but 95% of them developed high concentrations of protective antibodies. In case of an existing immunity against coronavirus – following infection or any kind of vaccination against coronavirus – vaccination with a protein vaccine such as used in the “Lübeck procedure”, is in our opinion and for the above reasons, the only option. It poses the least danger and should therefore definitely be considered as an alternative for a second and third shot or booster after nucleic acid-based vaccinations. The novel Novavax should be equivalent to the Lübeck vaccine. However, it uses the whole spike protein of SARS-CoV-2, which is associated with the danger of increasing the infection (antibody-dependent enhancement or ADE), as was shown in many animal trials. The risk of ADE is very small with our vaccine since the receptor-binding domain that we use is only a tiny portion of the spike protein. ...Recombinant subunit vaccines are inexpensive, contain neither RNA nor DNA from attenuated viruses (and thus no foreign genetic material), trigger no allergies, are easy to handle, require no frozen transport, can be stored in the fridge and be given in any medical practice – and would be far better accepted by the population.”

So, the antigen in the vaccine is small portion of the spike protein. Recently, others (Klenathous et al.)have put forth a rationale why this should be a superior immunogen.

All of this was conceived by a working physician with some scientific expertise and willingness to try what is best for his patients rather that wait for an authority to tell him what to do. I wish I could find a doctor like that.

Edited by DanCG, 03 December 2021 - 01:24 AM.

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#4 Daniel Cooper

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 02:59 PM

Being of a libertarian bent, I am not greatly disturbed by researchers and scientists independently creating medicines or vaccines. Many government approved substances, drugs, and treatments have killed millions of people through the years - with malfeasance often noted.

I'm fine with that as long as people are informed about what they are getting.  In fact I'd be in favor of scaling back the FDA significantly and replacing much of that with rigorous disclosure laws. 

In the long run I think you might actually kill less people. We're in a situation where treatments are held from the market for perhaps a decade. If it is a valuable life saving treatment, thousands or even millions can die needlessly over that time scale. And because of the enormous cost, drugs become extremely expensive and price some people out of the market, either because they can't pay out pocket or because their nationalized health system won't put new expensive drugs on their approved list.  There is no such thing as a free lunch. If it cost $2-3B to get a drug through FDA approval, someone is going to have to pay for that.

And heaven help you if you have some disorder for which there aren't enough people to recoup $2-3B and yield some return on investment. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coronavirus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users