• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Why don't we just vaccinate people against rabies and other diseases by default?

vaccinesrabies immunization

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stage162type34

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 May 2022 - 04:07 AM

I am very gung-ho about vaccines in general, I was, for instance, strongly insisting that I get an additional tetanus booster (I got a nasty scratch) from my doctor despite the 10 year mark not having passed yet since my last one although he cautioned against me getting a tetanus vaccine that I "didn't need". And today I'm mildly concerned that this strange mark on my finger is perhaps a bat bite, so in my mind I am thinking "Why don't I just go to the doctor and ask for a rabies vaccine?". My family thinks I'm crazy for even considering this, but I had thought that I was the rational one with this kind of thought process.

It seems that the consensus is that we can afford to be lax or that we need to ration our medical resources, but still I don't know what the official reason is for why we shouldn't be overzealous with immunization? I've heard that the immune system has a limited memory capacity or something and if I were to get my rabies vaccine right now without a good reason for doing so then I'd probably just be taking away resources for some other important disease I'd been immunized against, but once again I don't really know but I would like to know more. Thanks for reading

#2 s1lordi

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 May 2022 - 07:43 AM

https://www.longecit...riment-partner/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vaccinesrabies, immunization

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users