How to deal with ADHD?

adhd

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Casablanca

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 September 2022 - 02:57 PM

There is a very high chance that I am struggling with ADHD and have been trying to suppress it all my life. Forgetfulness, impulsivity, you name it. In my job and life I can and can be fairly flexible and I am grateful to God for that. However, I do believe that this can cause problems with productivity (when things start to get monotonous and boring), relationships (when things don't go my way) and/or constant need for adventure (dopamine?). A short background info. I am a male 31, healthy as far as I know, workout 3 times a week in the gym, eat healthy 95% of the time. Entrepreneur in the legal industry. Use nicotine (Swedish snuss) and hardly use alcohol these days. How can I tackle this problem? I have an appointment with the GP who will probably refer me to a psychologist. Are there ways to tackle this without drugs?

#2 Serenity28

• 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 October 2022 - 04:54 PM

There might be for some people. This boy with a confirmed MTHFR mutation had a dramatic improvement by taking methylfolate(not folic acid) and methylcobalamin. Many people have MTHFR mutations without knowing it. I think the problem is something like

less methylfolate due to MTHFR mutatioon--> less tetra hydro biopterin(BH4)--> less neurotransmitters.

https://honestlyadhd.../mthfr-magical/

Edited by Serenity28, 01 October 2022 - 04:56 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 EvaWhite

• 35 posts

Posted 08 October 2022 - 11:07 AM

I have add(inattentive), depression and anxiety.

I am lucky to have this Modafinil from highstreetpharma for me to concentrate on tasks. I am forgetful, and just hard to pay attention. It gives me added anxiety though. All ssris make me foggy in the head. I take clonopin to help with anxiety. I just need to talk with someone who knows what I am going through and has succeeded in finding help with anxiety. Thank you

#4 Serenity28

• 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 October 2022 - 12:22 PM

I have add(inattentive), depression and anxiety.

I am lucky to have this Modafinil from highstreetpharma for me to concentrate on tasks. I am forgetful, and just hard to pay attention. It gives me added anxiety though. All ssris make me foggy in the head. I take clonopin to help with anxiety. I just need to talk with someone who knows what I am going through and has succeeded in finding help with anxiety. Thank you

Might be an MTHFR mutation when you have both ADHD(shared article above) and anxiety(see this article)

https://www.adelaide...fca0f1ee043212c

Edited by Serenity28, 08 October 2022 - 12:23 PM.

• like x 1

#5 EvaWhite

• 35 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 01:34 PM

I've been on Vyvanse 70mg daily for a few months now (I've been on almost every adhd med through the course of my life, just for context), and my Dr agreed to try 200mg daily of modafinil along with it to try to increase focus. I did and it worked. I can understand how it feels because I feel the same on my no meds days.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#6 Proat1979

• 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 10:11 AM

To deal with adhd, I always play online game like fnaf games. Then, I can forget anything.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: adhd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users