Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Regrowing teeth

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 futura

• 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 01:19 AM

Okey I'm new here, so let me first introduce myself =)
I'm a 19year old male from Scandinavia, great to find a interresting forum like this.

Recently I stumbled upon a article about using ultrasound to stimulate diseased teeth to regrow, now it says it's already developed and will hit the market within 2 years most likely.
My problem is that I got 3 really bad teeth from a cocacola and other teeth-killing habits, basically the problem is that the dentists wants to pull them all out, which I really really won't do as I'll have to replace them with 3 implants which I can't afford at all.

My question is if anybody knows more about this, if he just accidentally discoverd it while ultrasounding some rabbits, that must mean the ultrasound product would be possible to get a hold of wouldn't it?
I'd be really greatful if anyone could help me out with this.
Excuse me if I'm in the wrong forum, feel free to replace this topic to any other section it should be under I just figured it would be really helpful for other people who's interested in supplements that enchance your lifestyle.

Here's a link to one of the articles on the subject:

http://www.rexresear...oth/chentth.htm

#2 futura

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:05 PM

ANYONE?

#3 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:41 AM

Hey there futura, welcome aboard! [thumb]

Sorry, I don't know anything about regrowing teeth.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 02:17 AM

My gut instinct says "no".

#5 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 02:40 AM

You have one chance to lose your teeth and that's it. You get ONE regrowth per tooth (not on your Wizdom teeth though -- I don't recall if it works for molars). You put these teeth beneath your pillow and hope the Tooth fairy visits.

After you lose a tooth twice, you are out of luck, dude. Go to your dental practitioner and ask for a false tooth and hope it looks real.

#6 futura

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:02 PM

;P

So science is just a bunch of crap?:) What is this board then?
It's not like I'm asking "IS IT POSSIBLE", cause it's already been proven and is under clinical trials.
I was just wondering if anyone had followed this up, so there would be possible to get the ultrasound equipment before the release (in two years).

#7 opales

• 892 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:11 PM

Not having really read the article, I think people got confused as this was posted in Supplement forum and just thought "Growing teeth with supplements? Yeah right!"

Moved the topic to bioscience.

#8 futura

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 02:41 AM

ah hah, yeah I can see how that could happen.
Thanks.

See the regrowing happens from a ultrasound device, if the root is still in your jaw it can regrow a tooth.

#9 aikikai

• 251 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:32 PM

Hej Futura,

If your dentist wan't to pull them out, that means there is no idea of fixing them with the technology used today. It seems that your teeths are in a very bad shape.

And I don't think that the technology with ultra sound will be available in several years from now, and if the technology would be available today, I don't think it would heal your teeths.

And it would also be extremly expensive to use this ultra sound technology, because every new technology is.

So listen to your dentist and don't give any false hope to this article you found on the Internet. And if you don't fix your teeths in time, you can get seriuos inflammations tha could lead to death. There was a young guy in Sweden recently who didn't go to the dentist and he got a dangerous inflammation, so he had to do a heart operation and do a transplant.

#10 futura

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 03:47 AM

Wow, that's bad... he probably had a heartproblem from before though.
Yeah I don't mean that they already USE it today in clinics, but it already works.

#11 aikikai

• 251 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:27 AM

^^
No, he did not have a heart problem before the inflammation. He was around 20 years old. He couldn't afford to go to the dentist, so the inflammation in the teeths got so bad, that the inflammation spread into the blood stream and damaged the heart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users