• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Welcome to Scandinavia regional forum

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 olaf.larsson

• 583 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:40 PM

First I would like to thank admin for creating this forum.

Who of you people are from scandinavia? What education du you have? When and how did you become intressted in the topics discussed at this forum?

About myself:

Im from southern Sweden. The education I have is a fil. mag. in molecular biology.
In the last years I have become intressted in the possibilities programming and biological information processing.
I have been serously intressted by the aging topic for about 10 years and I found Imminst about 2 years ago.
Immist forums have greatly contributed to my understanding of the aging processes and biology in general.

#2 opales

• 892 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:53 PM

I am from Helsinki (well, Espoo to be exact) Finland. I am a management researcher at HUT. Been interested in this stuff I dunno 3 years, through Kurzweil's stuff in the beginning (lately become real skeptical about some of his visions though)

#3 eldar

• 178 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 02:46 PM

Not too much activity here [huh]

Well I'm from Tampere, Finland. I started to get into the transhumanistic topics for about 2-3 years ago, and if I recall correctly, through these very forums.
I was pursuing a business degree but after coming in contact with the life-extension movement, became increasingly interested and decided to change to biotech and computer science double major, which is what I am now studying.

Thats about it, hopefully some other people drop in here also so the forum wouldn't be all dead to begin with.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 lightowl

• Guest, F@H
  • 767 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 05:33 PM

> Who of you people are from Scandinavia?
I am from Denmark.

> What education do you have?
28 years of highly curious living. (and the internet)

> When and how did you become interested in the topics discussed at this forum?
Hard to say exactly when. I have been interested in technology since as long as I can remember. Life extension technology seems to be the most important technology. Before we have that hurdle solved, everything else seems moot at best.

#5 samson

• 180 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 06:01 PM

From the not-so-frozen arsehole of the north, I bear vulgar gifts of tongue!
Tis' one is a proud fin and even less that of Tampere.
I have no education specifically in anything concerning biotech or whatever, being that I'm a high-school student. Bound to change, I reckon.
I became interested in 'these' topics at the same time I started to think (and that was about a year ago, 'prox), so I would say "always".

...That was pretty much as it was on the introductions page, eh? Albeit with less self-explaining and funny language. Ha! I have wasted your time! HahahaHAA!

#6 MasterWong

• Guest, F@H
  • 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:47 PM

Hej hej, Malmö, Sweden here. As soon as I figure out all this interesting stuff, then I am going to take over the world bwahahahahaha...... .

naaaa,just very interested in life and the things that make it work. And esp how to live a very long life. Other main areas of interest, AI and Robots (Like the I-Robot movie!) The "future" could be a very interesting place.
I am a novice artist/photographer and currently studying to be an assistant nurse in Psychiatric care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users