• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

new to the UK

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Hamalainen

• 564 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 October 2006 - 10:26 PM

Regional forums quiet as usual... but, in case anybody is watching, I'm going to be in Cambridge for the next 3-4 years and would be glad to meet any UK immortalists in the area. Maybe even organize some sort of event if there is interest.

#2 AdamDavis

• 539 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 03:32 PM

You have interest right here, Mark! We spoke on MSN before, do you remember? Is SENS open to visitors? I'd like to come down some time and meet you, Aubrey and anyone else. :)

#3 AdamDavis

• 539 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 01:35 PM

Bumpoid.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Centurion

• 1,000 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 04:35 PM

Ill be in London next year tearing up the town and making things interesting. I'll only be a skip and a jump away from the rest of you Englanders.

#5 Centurion

• 1,000 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 04:49 PM

Either of you lads interested in going to an ultimate fighting championship match? A classmate of mine has a fight in scotland coming up soon

#6 AdamDavis

• 539 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 07:42 PM

Ill be in London next year tearing up the town and making things interesting. I'll only be a skip and a jump away from the rest of you Englanders.

Heh, you never told me that [:o]! Awesome, I'm looking forward to it. I'll think about the Ultimate Fightint match...tell me more about it and I'll see if I'm free. Do you think that's the best way for immortalists to get together though, Ed? [sfty]

#7 Mark Hamalainen

• Topic Starter
  • 564 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2006 - 10:21 AM

Heh, seeing an 'ultimate fighting championship' was not exactly what I had in mind... If we accumulate any more interested people though, I might be able to organize a meeting at the pub with Aubrey. But probably not till after xmas, too many other things to think about now.

#8 AdamDavis

• 539 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 06:06 PM

So SENS is not open to visitors? I'd love to check it out... [mellow]

#9 Mark Hamalainen

• Topic Starter
  • 564 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2006 - 11:42 PM

Well, SENS doesn't actually have a physical location for you to visit. I work in a lab that studies mitochondrial diseases and only happens to have some research interests that coincide with SENS. As far as I'm concerned, I work on MitoSENS, but for everyone else there SENS might as well not exist, they have no interest in it or are even actively opposed to it... Though I do hope to bring at least a couple people around during my time here.

#10 AdamDavis

• 539 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 02:52 PM

Ah, understood. I thought it was an established centre. The pub is a good thought, although please consider some who will want to come to a gathering might be under the legal drinking age (like me, it's my 17th birthday on the 16th of this month ;) ). I think a meet-up would be great this time of the year considering it's almost Christmas...we could celebrate that and the beginning of a new year, getting ever closer to the transhumanist dream (hopefully!). Cheers...

Edited by Biopunk, 04 November 2006 - 03:51 PM.

#11 AdamDavis

• 539 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 08:08 PM

Bumpety bump! Come on, guys! [ang]

#12 AdamDavis

• 539 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:47 PM

I am to keep bumping this until something exciting comes to fruition...

#13 transtigger

• 15 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:10 PM

Hello Chaps,

I help Fabio run ExtroBritannia in London and also know Aubrey from Cambridge. We've been discussing setting up a Cambridge branch of ExtroB for a year or so. I think early in 2007 might be the right time. If we can get enough interested people together we could meet in a Pub in Cambridge first of all. There are a couple of good locations not far from the railway station that Aubrey and I know. I think a Saturday would be preferable (gives people outside of Cambridge a fighting chance of getting there) just as long as it isn't the same Sat that we run the London get together, as I'd like to attend both...

Let me know if anyone would like to make a Cambridge meet ASAP.

Thanks,

Julian
(Bluesteel on ExtroB Yahoo Group)

#14 AdamDavis

• 539 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 03:05 PM

Let me know if anyone would like to make a Cambridge meet ASAP.

I want make a Cambridge meet ASAP! ;)

Adam

#15 Mark Hamalainen

• Topic Starter
  • 564 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 December 2006 - 05:17 PM

I'd be glad to go. I know at least one other life extensionist from Cambridge (Ben Zealley) who would also be interested.

#16 transtigger

• 15 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 07:11 PM

Good. That's four of us at least. I suggest sometime in mad January to begin with as I'm tied up until then and have the ExtroB meeting in Holborn this coming Saturday.

I suggest Saturday 13th January 2007 for the first ExtroBritannia (Cambridge) meeting. Starting at noon (12:00hrs) probably initially at the Live and Let Live Pub (close by the railway station & easy to find http://www.multimap.....cgi?pc=cb12ea)

Let me know if this is OK

Julian

#17 AdamDavis

• 539 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:13 AM

Yeah that sounds okay. It should be great...

#18 Mixter

• 788 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 05:50 PM

Anyone from London and by chance interested in meeting up for an hour
or two between the 30th and January 2? Member of German transhumanists
and -cryo guys (i.e. me:-p) going to be in the city for a few days... PM or mail in case.

#19 transtigger

• 15 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:08 AM

Would anyone who can definitely make a Cambridge meeting on Saturday 13th Jan please PM me ASAP confirming that they will be there. We need at least 4 people to ensure it will be worthwhile.

Julian

#20 estropico

• 107 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:14 PM

I've just sent out our usual "ads" for the event (including one to this same list). I won't be able to make it to Cambridge, but I hope it'll be a chance for establishing contacts among immortalists in the area. BTW, I'd like to clarify that neither me nor Julian (the usual suspects when it come to organise these things) is too bothered wheter this is a ImmInst, ExtroBritannia, UKTA, or a four-transhumanist-blokes-down-the-pub type of meeting, we just used our usual "ad" template and the ExtroBrit "brand" as they are kind of known, by now, for these sort of thing.

Hope the get-together is the first of many!

Cheers,
Fabio

Good. That's four of us at least. I suggest sometime in mad January to begin with as I'm tied up until then and have the ExtroB meeting in Holborn this coming Saturday.

I suggest Saturday 13th January 2007 for the first ExtroBritannia (Cambridge) meeting. Starting at noon (12:00hrs) probably initially at the Live and Let Live Pub (close by the railway station & easy to find http://www.multimap.....cgi?pc=cb12ea)

Let me know if this is OK

Julian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users