Photo
- - - - -

PQQ(Pyrroloquinoline Quinone) for sale

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:30 AM

I've acquired some PQQ, will mess around a little with dosages and see if I can come up with anything anecdotal of any interest.

#32 neogenic

• 481 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:21 PM

I've acquired some PQQ, will mess around a little with dosages and see if I can come up with anything anecdotal of any interest.

I've tried a mega-dose of 5g and didn't notice a whole lot. It may need to be chronically dosed. I did a one time dose, with a sample I acquired, after reading some research. The LEF products are way, way, way underdosed to simulate some of the studies, but then again it's expensive product. I've been trying to work with it for 5 years now.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 curious_sle

• 464 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:00 PM

I've tried a mega-dose of 5g and didn't notice a whole lot. It may need to be chronically dosed. I did a one time dose, with a sample I acquired, after reading some research. The LEF products are way, way, way underdosed to simulate some of the studies, but then again it's expensive product. I've been trying to work with it for 5 years now.

Uh, so what would be a dose that emulates the trials?

#34 Mortuorum

• 91 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:29 PM

Here is a blog site with a PQQ page and some of the comments below it address the transposition onto human dosages based upon the animal models in several studies....

http://emediahealth....ealth-benefits/

For what it is worth, LEF responded to some of my inquiries regarding aspects of PQQ, including dosage variables relative to study data, with the following replies:

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

We are still waiting on a response from our Product Development Team in regard to your inquiry. We apologize for the delay.

Life Extension uses doses that accurately replicate results obtained in scientific studies for maximum efficacy. Actually, some studies on PQQ have a human equivalent dose (H.E.D.) as low as 1.44 milligrams per day, which has been shown to support healthy mitochondrial function. There is also a human study in which supplementation with 20 milligrams per day of PQQ resulted in improvements on tests of higher cognitive function. (Food Style. 2009;21:13(7)50-3. [Tokyo]) Here are links to a couple studies demonstrating this effect:

http://jn.nutrition..../136/2/390.full

http://ebm.rsmjourna.../full/228/2/160

We appreciate your feedback regarding this matter and will continue to look into the research that is being conducted on PQQ.

Then, here:

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

We apologize for the delay in our response. Our Product Development Team has indicated that the PQQ is not bound to amino acid such as glycine, as it does not have any peaks other than PQQ in the HPLC Analysis. Amino acid-aducts have different retention times in the assay. Meanwhile, in vivo, a part of PQQ may exist in the form of amino acid-adducts as Mitchell et al reported (Analytical Biochem, 1999). Five times higher contents of PQQ were detected compared with that of free PQQ in human milk. Moreover, we have unpublished information that such amino acid-adducts were also detected in urine of the rats administrated PQQ.

Also, the only data published so far (regarding PQQ’s potential to cross the blood brain barrier (BBB)) is from Dr. Carsten (Pro Soc Experi Bio Med, 1991). In the paper it is reported that about 0.2% of PQQ absorbed was detected in the brain after 6hr of gavage in mouse. Even if PQQ itself does not penetrate the BBB, PQQ has been shown to favorably affect brain function, as indicated by both animal and human data. In that case, there may be other mechanisms relating to signal transductions or other intermediate compounds.

#35 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:04 AM

They hype machine is working because Iherb is now out of stock which means they had stock of PQQ for something like 4 days, then sold out.

#36 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:59 AM

My current stack to promote Mitochondrial Biogenesis:

1. 98% micronized resveratrol - 500mg twice a day, with Melatonin at night to "reset" any circadian rhythm disturbances cause by nightime resveratrol consumption - rationale: resveratrol activates PGC-1 alpha (eg PMID: 18694626)
2. Soy Isoflavones 180mg a day - rationale - isoflavones also promotes mt biogenesis through activation of PGC-1 alpha (PMID: 18267976)
3. PQQ - plan on starting on 20mg a day dose for reasons discussed above in this thread relating to mitochondrial biogenesis.
4. BCAAs - supports cardiac and skeletal mitochondrial biogenesis in mice (PMID: 20889128)

#37 sapentia

• 94 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:08 PM

I have been taking PQQ at 10mg per day for around 4 weeks now. I have also been supplementing with glycine prebed so I can't necessarily distinguish effects. My current situation is that I have dropped most of my supplement regimen as I am running a 50 day cycle of Arachidonic Acid for bodybuilding purposes, thus any COX-2 inhibiting supplements had to be cut out. Given that I would be cutting out these supps. I also decided to run a 1 month cycle of Astral Fruit NF for telomerase activation. I didn't begin the Astral Fruit NF until over a week after I had stopped my main regimen so I can rule out its effect.

What I noticed shortly after I had dropped the main regimen was that my cognition seemed to increase noticeably. This confused me at first as all the things in the regimen should enhance cognition so I was left wondering if something I was taking was inhibiting me mentally somehow. I have since decided that I don't think that is the case. What I believe is that the glycine and possibly PQQ are responsible for the cognitive effects. I plan on upping my PQQ dosage to 20mg per day soon. I am currently taking 2 5g dosings per day with one prebed. I won't resume my normal supplement regimen for another 4 week, but I will be closely monitoring any effects once I do restart it.

Regarding the needed PQQ dosage. The amount of PQQ that is naturally occurring in our food sources is very very minute, so it is a given that we don't get much of it through our diets though we do get some. However, I remember a study in which mice (I think) were fed a diet completely lacking PQQ. The results showed a drastic reduction in health, longevity, and development if I am recalling correctly. My point is that PQQ has seemingly vital effects at a very low dosage.

#38 curious_sle

• 464 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:37 PM

I wonder, is anyone combining PQQ with hydergine?
(Hydergine is supposed to promote youthfull Mitochondria though i wonder by what means, maybe by promoting clearance of damaged Mitos? that would be swell in combination with PQQ now wouldn't it?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#39 J. Galt

• 125 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:22 AM

I've noticed HUGE benefits taking PQQ with Adderall XR, particularly during periods of sleep deprivation due to school and work. Minimizes brain fog and helps prevent rebound effects the next day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users