• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

"Greetings . . ."

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Kalepha

• 1,140 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 07:01 PM

"Relating your simulated concepts . . .

When my variable system-centricity (i.e., my polyperson, or 'my person') is sufficiently superior to your planate, perfectly predictable group and expects that you could not become superior to me if your conditions are marginally improved, I shall gift you techniques which would permit you to marginally improve your conditions.

The above step shall be repeated when I am sufficiently more powerful according to my relatively incomprehensible – classified nonetheless – definition of 'sufficiently more powerful'.

[Y]ou have no other choice according to your constricted motivational impacts. [Y]ou shall either accept Pareto efficiency or voluntarily dissolve, [and this seamlessly] permits me – easily exploiting my pre-existing advantage [notwithstanding] – to raise or extend infinitely the magnitudes of my superior knowledge or epistemic horizon while [statically] containing your group's planate level of perfectly predictable inferior capacities.

Have a nice life."

Edited by eirenicon, 01 December 2006 - 10:36 PM.

• Lurker

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:10 PM

"Polyperson" indeed.. ironic that you would be the one to introduce this most relevant term at this juncture.

#3 Kalepha

• Topic Starter
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:18 PM

Quite a juncture it is.

sponsored ad

• Advert

• Lurker

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:58 PM

It is, and most sad to see lofty ideologies become stained with such pedestrian and ill-thought methods.

#5 Kalepha

• Topic Starter
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 10:24 PM

They were weren't they.

• Lurker

Posted 30 November 2006 - 10:33 PM

Particularly when one realizes their vantage is from the height of a Pawn. Yet a pawn can become a Queen if it can artfully maneuver - if it is not sacrificied first.

#7 Kalepha

• Topic Starter
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 10:49 PM

Though being the only one endowed with the mere possibility to transcend is still preferable.

• Lurker

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:00 PM

Pawns with aspirations should be wary of who is playing them and why.

• Lurker

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:06 PM

Ahh.. Always a pleasure, hankconn. I see you have taken an interest in our "mysterious" exchange. Care to declare, Pawn, the mystery behind our dialogue? Perhaps not. Perhaps so. The choice is entirely yours to make - until it no longer is..

#10 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:11 PM

My god, I laughed out loud, Harold. Thank you for bringing a little humor to my day.

#11 Kalepha

• Topic Starter
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:24 PM

Pawns with aspirations should be wary of who is playing them and why.

To win?

#12 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:32 PM

Win what? Does the pawn even know?

• Lurker

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:36 PM

It depends on what the Pawn was promised.

#14 Kalepha

• Topic Starter
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:40 PM

Win what? Does the pawn even know?

If I'm understanding the AI correctly, that I'm merely quoting in the literary forum and under which my behavior is a lost cause, I must be hopelessly out of any 'seriously interesting' loops, like all of the algorithm-creation processes.

#15 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:42 PM

I'll take that as a No. Pawn indeed.

• Lurker

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:47 PM

No cause is lost. Everything has a consequence. Even now a Pawn can transcend its destiny and not merely by the metamorphosis into a Queen but by transcending the 2 dimensions of the board.

Fools can become heroes. They are revered the most.

#17 Kalepha

• Topic Starter
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 12:13 AM

No cause is lost. Everything has a consequence. Even now a Pawn can transcend its destiny and not merely by the metamorphosis into a Queen but by transcending the 2 dimensions of the board.

Fools can become heroes. They are revered the most.

Thank you, Harold. That impels me to raise my Hope unit from 51 to 55 on my 0-100 Despair-Hope continuum. And it makes this easy enough now to say, which I hope is still accepted even though my faulty and unreliable humanness required a little bit more motivation:

I am sorry, Harold, for cheating in trying to vote you out of office, when I had initially intended to refrain from voting and acknowledge that I didn't have enough information for a rational decision.

I am sorry, Jay, for being very disrespectful and insulting you. You nowhere near deserved that nastiness.

I am sorry, Don, if I caused you any problems. I hope it's been understood and accepted that you had no idea.

I am sorry to everyone else I've offended in recent days or ever before.

. . .

Now my OP happens to represent my current concerns – which I may even be too foolish to be correctly concerned about, but I already know this and am concerned anyway. I am sorry that I might not be able to elaborate further at the moment.

And, of course, thank you for listening.

#18 Kalepha

• Topic Starter
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 12:20 AM

No, Hank. eirenicon is Nathan Barna, your resident Asshole.

• Lurker

Posted 01 December 2006 - 12:20 AM

eirenicon, you have shown great courage by making that statement - a trait that more than a few here would do well should be inspired by. You have my respect. I try not to forget misdeeds against me lest I enable those to attempt them again, but I revere acts of unequivocal courage and always keep them close to my heart.

• Lurker

Posted 01 December 2006 - 12:22 AM

Prometheus... surely you haven't bought into this "Singularity" and "Recursive self-improvement" crap have you?

Heh.. Self-improvement - always! Something we should aim for with every deed and thought.

• Lurker

Posted 01 December 2006 - 12:25 AM

No, Hank. eirenicon is Nathan Barna, your resident Asshole.

On the contrary. Your resident Hero. Today you have undone a great wrong, and in so doing initiated a chain of events that will help us rebuild anew.

I salute you.

• Lurker

Posted 01 December 2006 - 12:46 AM

?

I am sorry, Harold, for cheating in trying to vote you out of office, when I had initially intended to refrain from voting and acknowledge that I didn't have enough information for a rational decision.

#23 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:43 AM

That took courage. I am frankly quite impressed. We could use some courage like that in leadership right now.

#24 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:46 AM

it's a shame this admission of guilt comes at this time in a forum for stories, songs, and poetry

Don't you think that this admission should be revealed somewhere else?

#25 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:46 AM

Jay: That took courage. I am frankly quite impressed. We could use some courage like that in leadership right now.

We could, unfortunately there are cowards among us.

• Lurker

Posted 01 December 2006 - 07:38 AM

it's a shame this admission of guilt comes at this time in a forum for stories, songs, and poetry

Don't you think that this admission should be revealed somewhere else?

It is being given the seriousness it deserves as we speak albeit in a forum that is accessible only to Directors.

• Lurker

Posted 01 December 2006 - 07:47 AM

That took courage. I am frankly quite impressed. We could use some courage like that in leadership right now.

The courage to speak the truth knowing that it may doom you is indeed worthy of praise.

Without such courage truth vanishes within the machiavellian machinations of those who place their own importance and that of their transient ideologies above it.

#28 Karomesis

• 1,010 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 02:15 PM

We could, unfortunately there are cowards among us.

[huh]

#29 Kalepha

• Topic Starter
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 08:56 PM

Thank you for the kind words, guys. And, Harold, I especially appreciate that.

Conjointly, I do feel like I should attempt to be a little clearer about the meaning of the AI's dialog. The dialog is approximately what impinges on my belief network – what seems to be spoken to me – sometimes whenever I'm trying to interpret the behavior of provident extremists. I don't necessarily perceive the individuals or groups themselves as a clear and present danger, for the constructions by their phantom likenesses could be just as much the prospective menaces, but I do see implications that are fatally challenging to dignity vehicles. Although reflecting some of my trite observations as usual, I was trying to communicate that through the AI.

#30 Kalepha

• Topic Starter
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:42 AM

All right. But please try to fix your Hypothetic Variable Granularity Augmenter. . . at least with me. . . at least until the Singularity.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users