• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

A Few Funny Religion Videos

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#1 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:34 AM

When people argue about religion without knowing what they are talking about. (reminds me of the way I have heard some people argue, which makes it all that much funnier)

George Carlin on Religion

A compilation of all the religion segments from Family Guy

#2 Zarrka

• 226 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:48 AM

Well... i have a thing or 2 to add here...

the daily report thing should really be seperated from the last 2.. its not all out disisng on religion (which does not help the argument at all) which is essentially what George Carlin is doing. the fmaily guy thing, well tehyare just playing with the social concepts.

But the even stephans debates - all of them - are desigend to show you how stupid the debates surrounding most subjects can be. and show people that their arguments is rediculious. debating the topic is never a waste of time, but unfortunalty, a lot of religious debates (or enviromental debates, or political debates, dependiong on which one you are watching) will turn into the kids of shit fights displayed above. even stephans is a parody of the debate, Carlin seems to simply be furthring the BS.

#3 struct

• 565 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:39 AM

I find them very funny. worth watching.
thanks Forever.

#4 JohnDoe1234

• 1,097 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:05 AM

Yes, I found them really funny too... I especially loved the Even Stephen one.

Great find man!

#5 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:41 AM

The History of the Universe, by Carl Sagan (Redneck style):

hilarious

#6 basho

• 774 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:28 AM

Nice videos, I love George Carlin's suggestion: "Maybe God just doesn't give a shit?" You know, he could be right... the evidence, if you can call it that, certainly points to the fact that any supernatural being in charge of the Universe doesn't give a crap about the neverending shitstorm of human affairs.

And Family Guys was hilarious...
Jesus: "Ok everybody, for my next miracle, I'm going to turn water into... funk!"

#7 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:38 PM

Nice videos, I love George Carlin's suggestion: "Maybe God just doesn't give a shit?"  You know, he could be right... the evidence, if you can call it that, certainly points to the fact that any supernatural being in charge of the Universe doesn't give a crap about the neverending shitstorm of human affairs.

And Family Guys was hilarious...
Jesus: "Ok everybody, for my next miracle, I'm going to turn water into... funk!"

lol. Another one I posted awhile back was "The Passion of the Christ 2: Judgement Day"

Here is the direct link to the video:
http://video.google....072770528600574

I like when he is slapping Peter around and saying "Do you remember me now, Peter? Do you remember me now?!?"

Or the part at the end where he kills the guy, and then resurrects him, and kills him again.

Hilarious

#8 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:43 PM

they are all freakin' awesome

#9 samson

• 180 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:02 PM

George Carlin is a genious.

#10 basho

• 774 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 11:23 AM

"The Passion of the Christ 2: Judgement Day" http://video.google....072770528600574

I like when he is slapping Peter around and saying "Do you remember me now, Peter? Do you remember me now?!?"
Or the part at the end where he kills the guy, and then resurrects him, and kills him again.

That video had me laughing out loud. Nice one!!

#11 JonesGuy

• 1,183 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 12:38 PM

Ho boy, I thought the video was going to be Family Guy, due to the reference to Peter.

The video was much funnier than that.

#12 JohnDoe1234

• 1,097 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 06:06 AM

I was contemplating creating a new thread something like "Particularly Ridiculous Religious Videos", but I figure I can just post it here:

Found this while just browsing around. I was drawn to it like a magnet because of its title [tung]

Once you get about 8-9 minutes in, you get to hear them talk about their beliefs... man are these people twisted.

#13 basho

• 774 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 07:42 AM

Once you get about 8-9 minutes in, you get to hear them talk about their beliefs... man are these people twisted.

Its like a psychedelic mashup of Christianity and Scientology. And there's some crazy editing going on in that video.

The mention of the "Secret/Lost Book of Enki" sounded fascinating. Enki was a Sumerian deity, attributed with the creation of mankind and legends around this character were incorporated into Christian mythology recorded in the Old Testament. For example, the following should sound familiar:

wikipedia.org/wiki/Enki
"According to Sumerian mythology, Enki also assisted humanity to survive the Deluge designed to kill them. In the Legend of Atrahasis Enlil, the jealous king of the gods sets out to eliminate humanity, whose noise is offensive to his ears. He successively sends drought, famine and plague to eliminate humanity, but Enki thwarts his half-brother's plans by teaching Atrahasis irrigation, granaries and medicine. Humans again proliferate a fourth time. Enraged Enlil, convenes a Council of Deities and gets them to promise not to tell humankind that he plans their total annihilation. Enki, doesn't tell Atrahasis, but tells of Enlil's plan to the walls of Atrahasis' reed hut, thus covertly rescuing the man Atrahasis, or Ziusudra by either instructing him to build some kind of a boat for his family, or by bringing him into the heavens in a magic boat. After the seven day Deluge, the flood hero, Utnapishtim, Atrahasis or Ziusudra frees a swallow, a raven and a dove in an effort to find if the flood waters have receded. On the boat landing, a sacrifice is organized to the gods. Enlil is angry his will has been thwarted yet again, and Enki is named as the culprit. As the god of what we would call ecology, Enki explains that Enlil is unfair to punish the guiltless Atrahasis for the sins of his fellows, and secures a promise that the gods will not eliminate humankind if they practice birth control and live within the means of the natural world. The threat is made, however, that if humans do not honour their side of the covenant the gods will be free to wreak havoc once again. This is apparently the oldest surviving source of the Noah's Ark biblical tale and other parallel Middle Eastern Deluge myths."

Apparently there is a belief that the ancient Mesopotamia gods were astronauts from a planet named Nibiru, believed by the Sumerians to be the "12th planet" according to the cosmology of the time. There are some crazy theories surrounding this. For example,

wikipedia.org/wiki/Zecharia_Sitchin
According to Sitchin, Nibiru was the home of a technologically advanced human-like extraterrestrial race, called the Anunnaki in Sumerian myth who were called the Nephilim in the Bible. He claims that they first arrived on Earth probably 450,000 years ago, looking for minerals, especially gold, which they found and mined in Africa. These "gods" of the Anunnaki were the rank and file workers of the colonial expedition to earth from planet Nibiru. Sitchin believes that the Anunnaki genetically engineered Homo sapiens as slave animals to work in their gold mines by crossing extraterrestrial genes with those of Homo erectus. Sitchin claims that ancient inscriptions report that human civilization in Sumer of Mesopotamia was set up under the tutelage of these "gods" and human kingship was inaugurated to serve as a go-betweens between the Anunnaki and man. Sitchin proposes that fallout from nuclear weapons used during a war between separate factions of the extraterrestrials is the "evil wind" that destroyed Ur around 2000 BC, as recorded in the Lament for Ur.[1]

#14 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 07:47 AM

Joesphjah, I like the way the alien sings in the above video. He sings in a manner that most people sing when they are taking the piss out of Tom Jones. Who wrote the song! Who's operating the Puppets! A bunch of retards? Jesus Christ! pun intended.

I have a vision of the puppeteers all looking at each other behind the stage and shrugging their shoulders.

I like the use of metaphor as well. An alien singing a religious song!??

Anyhow, that's my critique of the above video. Only the first 3 seconds though because I turned it off.

#15 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 08:00 AM

P.S: Joesphjah, I think I might kill you for posting that video.

#16 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 08:02 AM

HA! I match your video Joesphjah and raise you one with this unacceptable offensive WTF clip!

#17 basho

• 774 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 08:08 AM

HA! I match your video Joesphjah and raise you one with this unacceptable offensive WTF clip!

What was that, the Indian version of The Brady Bunch from a parallel universe??

Edited by basho, 18 March 2007 - 09:15 AM.

#18 JohnDoe1234

• 1,097 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:02 PM

Haha, lmao... great find Zoo...

#19 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 06:18 PM

Ali G interviews some abortion protesters:

I love when he asks the priest if the reason that he hasn't gotten someone pregnant is because he uses condoms or if it is because he fires blanks.

#20 basho

• 774 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:03 PM

Ali G interviews some abortion protesters:
I love when he asks the priest if the reason that he hasn't gotten someone pregnant is because he uses condoms or if it is because he fires blanks.

Truly the dregs of humanity.

I love this bit:

"So, what, is you a virgin?"
"yeah"
"hihihihihi"

#21 basho

• 774 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:19 PM

"Behold, the athiest's nightmare"

Creationist propaganda? Or viral marketing for a hard gay club? The guy next to him does seem to be getting a bit horny towards the end.

#22 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:11 PM

Lol. The guy on the right is Kirk Cameron if I am not mistaken. He sure has fallen a long way since his days of Growing Pains; That is for sure. (He also does those Christian propaganda "Left Behind" movies)

#23 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 05:00 PM

A couple of MC Hawking vids:

official video for "What We Need More Of Is Science"

One someone on the internet made for "Creation vs Evolution", (aka "F**k the Creationists"):

#24 JohnDoe1234

• 1,097 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:07 PM

I had no clue they made music videos to those! right on!

- BREAKING NEWS -
The Bible is in fact one of the most advanced science books in existence, and has always been years ahead of science!
http://www.youtube.com/v/izjJr0CIQQk

#25 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:40 PM

I had no clue they made music videos to those! right on!

- BREAKING NEWS -
The Bible is in fact one of the most advanced science books in existence, and has always been years ahead of science!
http://www.youtube.com/v/izjJr0CIQQk

Oh My God. It would be funny if she was joking, but since she is serious, it is just plain sad.

Here is the link to the video in standard "Youtube" form:
This is #2 in about 11 or so videos of the same type of thing. (most visible on the righthand side) All of them equally as comical.

#26 JohnDoe1234

• 1,097 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:59 PM

Here is the link to the video in standard "Youtube" form:

Yeah... I tried to embed the video, but it just spit out a bunch of crap, so I just re-copied the url from the padding code, that's where I got that funny little link [wis]

So, how exactly do we embed videos into posts? I tried copying the embed code that youtube provides, but that didn't work at all.

#27 jdog

• 227 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:07 PM

As per josephjah's video link:

"Darwin's attempt to deny God's existence was not new. His ideas actually came from early, pagan, Greek philosophers." and "...all those scientists, so proud of," blah blah blah, "ought to trace it back to its rather embarrassing roots, and you'll see how ridiculous it gets."

Wow. Did she really just say that? I'm assuming these "pagan, philosophers," are none other than Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle.

It's almost certain that there's some uneducated person out there who will likely ascribe some backward, and evil connotation to her particular choice of words and will very well link what she said, to them - the most well known "pagan, Greek, philosophers".

I can't help but feel a certain level of offence by her remarks. These men have approached their lives as free-thinkers, unlike the majority of the population which was thought-less in their approach. Also, they've given us a foundation for proper method of thought, some of the first known investigations into a non-theist derived moral framework, ideals of excellence and virtue, etc. To call them "ridiculous" and "embarrassing" is really, a reflection of herself and those who agree.

#28 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:14 PM

Yeah... I tried to embed the video, but it just spit out a bunch of crap, so I just re-copied the url from the padding code, that's where I got that funny little link  [wis]

So, how exactly do we embed videos into posts? I tried copying the embed code that youtube provides, but that didn't work at all.

You need to put it inside the "Youtube" tag.

For instance, for my post above, here is what was entered:
Posted Image

For your video, it would have looked something like this:
Posted Image

It is ok for a few of them, but if it is a whole page full of youtube videos that are embedded like that, then it really slows the page load time, and I have noticed if there are lots of them, the videos look like they are playing in slow motion. (which is why on the off topic thread with all the "Funny, cool, whatever" video links, I have just been linking to the videos instead)

#29 Karomesis

• 1,010 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:20 PM

some seriously funny shit. [lol]

thanks for the clips guys.

BTW, family guy is brilliant. producer, storyboard, animators, basically the whole crew. It's one of the only pop culture shows I ever watch.

this is one of the best clips from trigger happy tv another brilliant show.

Edited by karomesis, 20 March 2007 - 08:41 PM.

#30 JohnDoe1234

• 1,097 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:41 PM

jdog, yeah... it is both saddening and irritating that she can bring herself to say completely false statements like that... I know dozens of people who would buy this stuff in a heartbeat... my mom, step-dad (His Entire Family), my sister, my grandma... etc.. it is everywhere... so sad.

Nate, thank you for showing me the youtube tag, didn't realize there was one.

karomesis, great clip there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users