• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

A Few Funny Religion Videos

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#241 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts
  • Location:Northern, Western Hemisphere of Earth, Usually of late, New York

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:13 AM

Anyhow.....I somehow lost this thread. It's gotta be one of my favourites.

So let's pin it to the top of a category. I will pin it to religion for now but doesn't this thread belong with the videos category?

We could cross link it.

#242 Aegist

• Guest Shane
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:23 AM

I think it only belongs in the video category if it pertains to Lifespan Extension, biotech and/or transhumanist related topics.

#243 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts
  • Location:Northern, Western Hemisphere of Earth, Usually of late, New York

Posted 09 October 2007 - 12:04 PM

I think it only belongs in the video category if it pertains to Lifespan Extension, biotech and/or transhumanist related topics.

This is a debate I have been wondering about in general, not just for this thread.

I see it a little differently.

I think we should have all videos in one central location pertaining to all the topics they cover but each should remain in their appropriate category and in some cases like this one, even be pinned to the top where it can be easily located.

We can do this by moving all the video oriented threads first there and then back to their appropriate category with a link remaining in the videos thread. Then when appropriate the thread can even be pinned.

It may not even be necessary to move them back and forth if just the link back can get pinned.

Also I am not sure we should let the videos be in a category that can be easily googled for copyright concerns.

#244 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:13 PM

I think it should stay in the religion forum. I agree with Aegist that only videos that relate closely to the mission should be in the videos section.

#245 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 07:08 AM

"Honk if you hate Scientology":

#246 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:42 PM

People Are Not Animals! (and evolution never happened)

#247 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:36 AM

Why is the "Good Samaritan" from the Bible "good"? Doesn't that imply a certain prejudice against Sumaritans?

#248 Ben Simon

• 352 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:21 AM

#249 lucid

• 1,195 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:34 PM

"People Are Not Animals! (and evolution never happened)"
wow, I could hardly even sit through that. Normally creationist arguments have semi-round reasoning based on false assumptions. That video wasn't anywhere close to having sound reasoning. Can't even watch through to the end.

#250 Ben Simon

• 352 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:50 AM

wow, I could hardly even sit through that. Normally creationist arguments have semi-round reasoning based on false assumptions. That video wasn't anywhere close to having sound reasoning. Can't even watch through to the end.

Dude. It's a satire.

Watch the whole thing.

#251 struct

• 565 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:07 AM

stupid jesus lady

#252 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:40 AM

Damn struct, that lady is just as crazy as the "Dark sided" lady. When she threw the plant at the guy filming I almost busted a rib laughing so hard.

#253 Ben Simon

• 352 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:01 AM

Damn struct, that lady is just as crazy as the "Dark sided" lady. When she threw the plant at the guy filming I almost busted a rib laughing so hard.

Holy shit.

I just youtubed 'dark sided'. Apparently I missed out on a minor internet sensation there.

Those poor kids man. People are immitating their scary ass mom all over the internet.

The coffee shop woman I actually just kind of feel sorry for. She's just your garden variety schitzo who should be getting treatment, not having a camera stuck in her face like she's a sideshow at a circus. But that dark sided lady was scary as hell.

#254 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:07 AM

Holy shit.

I just youtubed 'dark sided'. Apparently I missed out on a minor internet sensation there.

Those poor kids man. People are immitating their scary ass mom all over the internet.

The coffee shop woman I actually just kind of feel sorry for. She's just your garden variety schitzo who should be getting treatment, not having a camera stuck in her face like she's a sideshow at a circus. But that dark sided lady was scary as hell.

Yeah, there was actually quite a lot of discussion on it on here awhile back. http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=15078

Here is the clip for anyone that hasn't seen it:

I think both ladies have mental problems. (the one from struct's video and the "Dark sided" lady)

Edited by Live Forever, 04 June 2008 - 09:09 AM.

#255 lucid

• 1,195 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:09 PM

Dude. It's a satire.

Watch the whole thing.

I was refering to live forever's post about "People Are Not Animals! (and evolution never happened)". And unfortuneately I don't think that it is a satire. O'reilly would like it though.

*About the dark sided lady*
Thats pretty extreme. I had a similiar experience (minus the completely insane white trash part) when I told the parents that I didn't buy into the family religion. In fact they dragged my unbelieving ass to church every sunday for 2 years afterwards.

Oh man the last 30 seconds are sweet when the music kicks in and her voice is fading off. How wonderful. The missing teeth are priceless too.

#256 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:15 PM

I like this crazy islamic leader

#257 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:17 PM

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Suitable music

#258 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:47 PM

that crazy islamic leader is acting the average football fan when their teams loses

#259 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:25 AM

Lol, the one with music was histarical.

#260 lucid

• 1,195 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:12 AM

Actually my earlier comment was out of context, I didn't know that the "dark-sided" woman was on a "trading spouses" show (I assumed that the crazy lady was talking about a child of hers practicing witch-craft).

Here is a clip of a prank-caller calling her after the show and getting her to talk about her experience. http://www.kdkprankc...arrior_lady.mp3

Apparently she turned this whole ordeal into a money making enterprise: Read more on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia....rguerite_Perrin

#261 Ben Simon

• 352 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:51 AM

I was refering to live forever's post about "People Are Not Animals! (and evolution never happened)". And unfortuneately I don't think that it is a satire. O'reilly would like it though.

Well, it is. It was created by someone critiquing creationist arguments. I don't know how you could mistake it for being genuine.

#262 Ben Simon

• 352 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:13 AM

The wiki entry says that the eldest daughter, who I imagine is the girl in the video, died last year in an auto accident.

That's very sad.

#263 lucid

• 1,195 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:38 AM

Well, it is. It was created by someone critiquing creationist arguments. I don't know how you could mistake it for being genuine.

Ok fair enough. I did actually think it was genuine; I guess I hadn't gotten much sleep that day. His arguments are that different in presentation than hovind's but its Obviously a parody lol.... >.<

#264 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:26 PM

God's NonExistence is proof of His Existence!

#265 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:42 AM

"Please clean up all the weiner poopy if you want to see Jesus unharmed"

OMG, freaking hilarious

#266 .fonclea.

• Guest, F@H
  • 300 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:25 AM

For the one who can understand french, i have a little song:

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=5R8BiNou-vI

A classic :)

#267 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:30 AM

New one by Comedy Central, "Creedocide":
http://www.comedycen...ower-creedocide

haha

#268 heidee12

• 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:14 AM

HA! I match your video Joesphjah and raise you one with this unacceptable offensive WTF clip!

nice video! It's very funny!! hahaha.. The kid has a good talent to dance! lol :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users