Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Pro Football

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Utnapishtim

• 219 posts

Posted 06 September 2002 - 11:54 AM

Well Bob's Notre Dame cheerleading is kinda cool to see, as much as I despise the Irish ;) It's good to know people on hear like talking about frivolous as well as weighty issues.

So with that in mind...

Who do people think will be hoisting the Vince Lombardi this year?

I am a diehard eagles fan so it pains me to say it but I will have to go with the Rams.

They were the best team in football last year and I do not think they will be upset again.

I don't think my Birds have done enough in the offseason to improve over them.

Final pick...

Rams over Steelers

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 07 September 2002 - 12:40 AM

Can anyone guess who I would pick?

Da Packers! Their greatest challenge will be the Eagles in the NFC Championship game.

#3 Utnapishtim

• Topic Starter
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 September 2002 - 11:02 AM

Well as long as the have Brett Favre behind Center G.B will always be a threat . He has lost a little of his mobility and he looked horrible against St Louis in the playoffs last year but the guy can still play. We shall see. Me, I'm just happy the games are finally starting again!

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 bobdrake12

• 1,423 posts

Posted 15 September 2002 - 03:57 AM

I am very sorry to hear about Johnny Unitas.

Unitas was among the very best pro quarterbacks I have had the opportunity to see play the game.

Bob

NFL Hall-of-Fame quarterback Johnny Unitas died September 11, 2002 at the age of 69 of a heart attack, according to a Baltimore Ravens spokesman. Unitas retired in 1973 after playing 18 seasons, 17 with the Baltimore Colts. Unitas, shown in a 1957 photo, held the records for passing yards (40,239), completions (2,830), attempts (5,186), touchdowns (290), most 300-yard games (26) and most consecutive games throwing a touchdown pass (47). Photo by Bettmann/Corbis/Reuters

Copyright © 2002 Yahoo! Inc.

#5 Bruce Klein

• Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 15 September 2002 - 07:47 AM

Yes,
I've never had the chance to see him play, but I can still appreciate the loss. Good man. Sad to know he's gone.

Would have liked to have seen him signed up for cryonics.
BJK

#6 Utnapishtim

• Topic Starter
  • 219 posts

Posted 21 September 2002 - 09:11 PM

Yeah, me too. It's a pity we won't get to see Unitas throw TD passes in the 21st century. On the other hand I hope to see Ted Williams hit .400 in 2041. I seriously doubt the Bosox will be winning any championships between now and then ;)

#7 bobdrake12

• 1,423 posts

Posted 22 September 2002 - 03:49 AM

I would rank Unitas among the three best pro quarterbacks of all time with the two others being Bradshaw and Montana.

Both Bradshaw and Montana each earned four Superbowl Rings.

My favorite Unitas quote:

Talk's cheap, let's play.

Bob

http://story.news.ya.../168/28jww.html

This is a 1961 file photo of quarterback Johnny Unitas of the Baltimore Colts. Unitas, the Hall of Fame quarterback who broke nearly every passing NFL record and won three championships with the Baltimore Colts in an 18-year career, died Wednesday Sept. 11, 2002. He was 69.(AP Photo)

Copyright © 2002 Yahoo! Inc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users