• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

No one?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dimasok

• 193 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:56 PM

Am I the only transhumanist in Canada? The 30 million people we have must count for something ;)))

#2 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:07 PM

You crazy bastards.

We've got a couple around here. Smell like patchouli.

#3 dimasok

• Topic Starter
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 04:56 AM

Maybe we could arrange a meeting or something depending on where you all live hehe

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:28 AM

Yes, let's arrange a meeting! I'll take my dogsled over to your igloo...I know it'll only take me an hour to get there, no matter where you are in the country. ;)

Canada has a large and thriving transhumanist community! I have to go to work, I'll edit this post later.

Where are you at? I'm in Toronto.

#5 dimasok

• Topic Starter
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:59 PM

I'm in Toronto too, in Concord.
If we have a thriving transhumanist community, then it surely isn't blatantly obvious from this section :D

#6 synaesthetic

• 230 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:25 PM

The level of augmentation that most members have here makes me feel that this group is the closest to being physically transhuman right now!

#7 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:37 PM

I'm in Toronto too, in Concord.
If we have a thriving transhumanist community, then it surely isn't blatantly obvious from this section :D

By no means are you the transhumanist in Canada - imminst has a reasonably active Canadian contingent (Pablo M, halcyondays, bgwowk, others come to mind), but betterhumans.com is a Toronto based transhumanist site run by Simon Smith, vice prez of the Toronto Transhumanist Association, and general awesome guy. The TTA gets together semi-frequently and it's a good, intelligent crew but the site never gets updated. Many people involved is actively involved in the >H community! Ben Best told me we have the most active cryonics chapter worldwide - which I wouldn't of believed otherwise unless it was coming from him.

I gave Don a hard time so he'd create this forum, I made a bunch of posts and then they disappeared one day. I should use my navigation powers for good, not evil and find these posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users