3 replies to this topic

#1 advancedatheist

• 1,419 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 05:57 AM

http://www.community...400&PubID=11252

Posted Image

By MIRSADA BURIC-ADAM
The Daily Courier
PRESCOTT – Edwin Wilmer Rowlette, a 75-year-old Prescott man who faces a charge of crimes against the dead, said Tuesday he did nothing wrong by keeping his wife’s body – along with those of 10 dead cats – in a chest freezer for more than five years.

“She was released to our corporation by standard procedures,” he said, adding that he is surprised the public learned about the body. “Now we’ve got to be able to prove that and we’ve also got to go through any necessary licensing that might be needed”....

Rowlette, who went home Tuesday afternoon after a judge ordered his release to the pretrial services division of the Yavapai County Adult Probation Department, said he was cryogenically storing his wife’s body with the hope of someday bringing her back to life.

“We would like to restore her back to life as soon as we can get the necessary professionals such as a restorative surgeon and the necessary healer cells,” he said. “These are all under development”....

According to Arizona statutes, “it is unlawful for a person, without the authority of law … to store, prepare, disinfect or embalm a dead human body.”

Kabbel said that police are checking to see how Rowlette obtained the body.

Before he went home, Rowlette said that he acknowledges that some people might think he is crazy.

“I’m concerned what my neighbors are going to say because I do not think it is going to make them happy and I do not think it is going to make the city of Prescott happy,” he said. “I’m looking for good things in the future.”

#2 AgentNyder

• 166 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 05:11 AM

Another victory for state fascism! [angry]

#3 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 11:05 PM

What was that guy thinking?

#4 frozenboots

• 11 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 08:42 PM

We have the same law here in the uk. But i`m sure i`ve seen something similar 10 years or so ago on bbc televisons "tomorows world" or "horizon". A doctor had his wife in a chest freezer in his basement. A kind of diy suspention but i`m sure he wasent prosecuted but it was common knowledge so the program said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users