• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Travelling with nutraceuticals to Russia.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 david ellis

• 1,014 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:53 PM

I had no worries until I read a recent post at imminst.org by a member who wouldn't take his powders to Indonesia.

So, I am asking, should I worry about a zip lock bag of pirecatam, self-capped capsules of ALCAR, NA-RALA, TMG, and custom capsules made for me of B-vitamins/trace minereals?

And what about hormones? Would DHEA, pregnenolone, and melatonin be challenged? What would happen?. I am returning back to my supplement regimen. I took two months off to see what would happen. I found the supplements make a big difference and want to continue. But I love freedom and don't want to violate any laws.

I am a little embarrassed in asking, but I have no idea what to expect. I am very much looking forward to my trip on the Volga. I will see a lot of Russia, (just seeing one time zone) Glimpses of St Petersburg, Moscow, all of the cites and villages on the Volga from Rostov-on-Don.

I have a few experiences with Russian culture, as I am a girevek and practice stretching exercises taught me by Pavel Tsatsouline, a former spetsnaz instructor who is very successful teaching physical culture in America. Plus I am learning Russian using RosettaStone(software program). So far I have learned just a few words and have the humbling experience of learning Cyrillic letters. I feel like a first-grader learning to write.

#2 braz

• 147 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:31 AM

Unfortunately, due to security measures, your medical supplements could cause you trouble at the Russian borders. I advise you to call your local Russian embassy, and inquire them if it's legal to bring in your mentioned supplements. They should be able to give you complete answers, or direct you to further links of informations. Other then that, have a great trip!

#3 david ellis

• Topic Starter
  • 1,014 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 October 2007 - 04:05 AM

Thanks braz for the good advice.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 braz

• 147 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:47 PM

No problem ;) . Did you already go on your trip?

#5 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 03:18 AM

I've traveled to Ukraine, Spain, Germany, Finland, New Zealand, Canada, and Italy in the last 2-3 years, always with a little zip lock bag per day of pills (about 50 pills per bag -- my abbreviated travel program!). I usually also carry containers of protein powder, and several individual pill bottles. Never had a problem.

#6 Mixter

• 788 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 04:17 PM

In Soviet Russia, nutraceuticals swallow YOU!!

scnr [tung]

(Legally, you'll be fine taking whatever with you in any country
that is not subject to local narcotic laws (which might be things
like: deprenyl, modafinil, stuff on doping list, prohormones, depending
on the strangeness of the destination country -- but not much else).
Oh and maybe don't cross US borders with large amounts of
powdered centrophenoxine or other organic chemicals that
have high explosive potential.)

#7 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 10:43 PM

carrying suspicious white powers over any border could cause problems if they decide to go through your luggage (like 7KC for example ;)) )

#8 kolia 2

• 10 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:34 PM

If you want to know the whole truth about Russia and Ukraine, then ask your question in this forum: http://censor.net.ua...urceType--forum

Forum without censorship, and therefore can... ;)

#9 Zaion

• 22 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:42 PM

I went to Russia from Italy with my powders and deprenyl and I did not have problems.
In the worst case they would stop you for a long time...

#10 Olga Lynx

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:16 PM

Hormonal substances are not narcotics or psychotropics. You can use it for yourself without prescription on the Russian territory. Keep it in the open original box(bottle) - this is personal usage.  People there order Melatonin on iHerb and Russian custom allows it for delivery. Until you do not resale it there. The idea of this law is "hormonal substances can induce cancer cell, so it is strictly recommended to take it under doctor supervision as all medical service in Russia are 100% financing from the government budget for all citizens ". But if you are willing to take a risk to kill yourself against a wall, it is up to you! Especially if you are a visitor. For better comfort, you can ask dietologist or naturopath write you a "prescription" with his seal and signature.

The difference to narcotic is a social impact. With psychotropic, you can become insane and kill somebody. But if you overdose insulin, for example, you kill yourself, so who cares if you are not in government budget for medical service? or if cancer happened to you, local government do not need to pay for your chemo?

Edited by Olga Kondrashina, 26 January 2018 - 09:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users