Photo
- - - - -

The Catalog

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 patrick

• 37 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 04:10 PM

About time to start on the Encylopedia Galactica of threats.

No objects to to general Threat pattern presented earlier?

Then I'll post a formalized pattern language.

Volunteers to develop a statistical model wanted.

Patrick

#2 Bruce Klein

• Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 05:30 PM

/me jumps up.. me me!!

What specific ideas would you like to explore.. or will the open-ended?

#3 outlawpoet

• 140 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 05:49 AM

yeah, once the format is set, I'll be glad to setup commentary. This is the sort of thing that a Wiki is really good at, or some other kind of versioning public tool I don't know about.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. [] To go ad-free join as a Member.

#4 Bruce Klein

• Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 09:08 AM

Justin, good idea.. I've set up an ImmInstPedia/ThreatsToLife page (wiki friendly).

I've added TTLC to ImmInst's links bar (top). For ease of reference, the ImmInstPedia/ThreatsToLife page is found at the top right on that page as well.

#5 thefirstimmortal

• Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 09:30 PM

The bottleneck to the idea of Immortality, dead orthodoxies, philosophies, and beliefs, not only in churches, but in education, science, business, and government.

#6 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 09:31 PM

To get everyone in a small town or large city engaged in a dialogue about physical immortality and personal mastery is an intelligent contribution to your own survival. But it is not necessary or perhaps even feasible to persuade anyone to be immortal. Some people desire to die and they deserve this right.

#7 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 09:31 PM

The death urge is a real psychic entity that literally can be isolated in your own mind and destroyed. Composed of anti-life thoughts and beliefs, it is held in place by the belief that death is inevitable and out of your control. Its purpose is to kill you, and that is exactly what it will do, unless you kill it first.

#8 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 09:33 PM

If your thoughts, feelings, and actions unerringly create your reality (and they do!), then the unquestioned, unexamined death urge that you inherited as a multi-generational pattern from your parents and from the culture will become an unwitting context for your life, and it will produce its intended result. The ultimate victim is someone who believes it is someone or something “out there” that has control over him or her.

Whether or not we gain immortality, there is tremendous power in simply questioning the inevitability of death.

#9 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 09:34 PM

If you want to take control of your life, you must open yourself to the possibility that it is you who creates your own safety and well-being, you and no one else. It is you who creates your own health and aliveness and illness, injury, accidents, as well as the death of your physical body.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. [] To go ad-free join as a Member.

#10 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 09:34 PM

If you have never questioned death, you are unwittingly at its effect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users