Aloe Vera Leaf

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 Lufega

• 1,810 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:46 PM

Missminni,

Did your liver enzymes ever go up after eating aloe daily?

#32 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:37 PM

Missminni,

Did your liver enzymes ever go up after eating aloe daily?

No.
But I never was tested specifically for that.
I've been doing this for 30 years. I think I would have had some problem by now.
I don't necessarily eat it every day all the time, but at least 3 times a week.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Lufega

• 1,810 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:46 PM

I'm becoming more and more interested into maximizing the levels of hyaluronic acid and glycosaminoglycans (GAG) in my body. Aloe vera seems to be a readily available source of GAG. I can pick up a whole leaf for about 10 cents in the local market.

How much should I eat daily? A whole leaf??? Does it retain the benefits if say, I cut up a bunch of it and freeze it for later use??

#34 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:03 PM

I'm becoming more and more interested into maximizing the levels of hyaluronic acid and glycosaminoglycans (GAG) in my body. Aloe vera seems to be a readily available source of GAG. I can pick up a whole leaf for about 10 cents in the local market.

How much should I eat daily? A whole leaf??? Does it retain the benefits if say, I cut up a bunch of it and freeze it for later use??

10 cents a leaf....wow...I'm moving where you live...I pay 99 cents a med. leaf if I go to the lower east side or to a west indian market in brooklyn.
If I buy it in a market where I live, it's $1.79 a lb. and if I go to Whole Foods, it's even more.
I usually use about 4+ oz of gel at a time. With the size leaves I get that usually works out to 3 servings per leaf.
I have cut up a bunch and frozen it and I am assuming it retains it's benefits the same way fruit and vegetables do when frozen immediately after being picked. It works very well that way because you can cut it and divide it in portions before freezing, and put it in the blender with fruit and yogurt or water and get a quite delicious smoothee.
I make sherbert with it too. You can take the left over green part of the leaf and rub it (the inside side)on your skin.
Nothing goes to waste.

#35 Lufega

• 1,810 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:32 PM

Thanks missminni. I'll post any changes I experience. I ate a whole leaf a few months ago and my stomach and bowel movements are felt soooooo much better. It seemed as if the aloe normalized everything down there.

#36 missminni

• Topic Starter
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:29 PM

Thanks missminni. I'll post any changes I experience. I ate a whole leaf a few months ago and my stomach and bowel movements are felt soooooo much better. It seemed as if the aloe normalized everything down there.

Aloe is a wonderful digestive aide. It's good for arthritis too.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#37 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 07:04 PM

Resurrecting a ten-year old aloe thread, I just broke a three-day water fast with 8oz of aloe vera gel juice, this: http://www.thealoeve...2-oz-2p322.html

Anyone here drink gel juice, or rub the slit leafy stuff freshly on yourself? The juice is quite good, I looked for non-sugary versions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users