• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Resveratrol Poll -> Positive, Negative, ZERO, effect noticed?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: T-RSV USERS ONLY, have you noticed +, -, or NO Effect? (104 member(s) have cast votes)

DAILY T- RSV POS, NEG, NO, Effects

1. I have felt POSITIVE (+) effects using RSV? (43 votes [40.19%])

Percentage of vote: 40.19%

2. I have felt NEGATIVE (-) effects using RSV? (9 votes [8.41%])

Percentage of vote: 8.41%

3. I Have felt no (ZERO) effects using RSV? (31 votes [28.97%])

Percentage of vote: 28.97%

4. I Have Felt BOTH Negative and Positive effects using RSV? (11 votes [10.28%])

Percentage of vote: 10.28%

5. I am not Sure? (13 votes [12.15%])

Percentage of vote: 12.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:03 AM

I've had nothing but positive effects as has my dad. My Morton's Neuroma is
non-existent and I can walk for miles without any signs of pain or discomfort.
Since adding the pure powder to his R300 routine, which was keeping him pain free for the balance of the day
(after his morning vicadan that he would take so he could get out of bed), which in itself was an excellent result,
my dad just had two days in a row where he awoke pain free with no need for his morning vicadan.
The joy in his voice is wonderful. He has hope for the future instead of despair.
He sees himself getting better instead of more infirmed. How many 92 year olds can report that kind of result with
any medication. His speech and thought are clear and precise. There is no druggy stupor as is usually the case with
pain killers, and his mood is excellent.
Call it placebo, call it coincidence, call it anecdotal, whatever you like...it's working.

Missminni, that's a great story about your dad. I wish him the best of health.

Thanks Niner.
I hope everyone introduces resveratrol to the elderly in their lives. It's very rewarding.

#32 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:25 AM

Ive had vastly improved joint health. Resveratrol provides the best relief from arthritis symptoms, pain, swelling and inflammation, that I've been able to obtain. Other results, such as improved aerobic capacity beyond my level of training should allow are more subtle, but I've no doubt they're occuring.

The tendon problems others are reporting (with heavy levels of running,and perhaps weight training) may demonstrate bioavailability, at least. The references enzyme posted are helpful. Since these show resveratrol still to be helpful in later stages of tissue remodeling, perhaps this indicates resveratrol should be cycled synchronously with one's training: in the high-stress phase of training, no resveratrol, but during the active recovery phases, resveratrol use could be helpful.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 enzyme

• 25 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:44 PM

Ive had vastly improved joint health. Resveratrol provides the best relief from arthritis symptoms, pain, swelling and inflammation, that I've been able to obtain. Other results, such as improved aerobic capacity beyond my level of training should allow are more subtle, but I've no doubt they're occuring.

The tendon problems others are reporting (with heavy levels of running,and perhaps weight training) may demonstrate bioavailability, at least. The references enzyme posted are helpful. Since these show resveratrol still to be helpful in later stages of tissue remodeling, perhaps this indicates resveratrol should be cycled synchronously with one's training: in the high-stress phase of training, no resveratrol, but during the active recovery phases, resveratrol use could be helpful.

That is a good idea which I am going to adopt

#34 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:06 PM

I have to report that my right foot (the one that has the most
serious case of mortons neuroma that I believed to be totally cured) acted up today after walking in high
heels for a couple of hours.
Please take into consideration that I didn't topically apply the dmso/res to my foot today, or yesterday,
and I didn't take any dmso/res cutaneously today at all. I only took one oral dose early this am.
Also, these are shoes that previously would have become
unbearable within 15 minutes.
I am still very pleased with the results, but since I did claim that it was totally cured I wanted to
clarify that and the circumstances.
I will have to remember to apply the combo cutaneously to my foot before wearing heels from now on.

#35 wayside

• 344 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:41 PM

Just out of curiousity, why do you wear shoes that make your feet hurt?

#36 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:55 PM

Just out of curiousity, why do you wear shoes that make your feet hurt?

The shoes don't make my foot hurt, the mortons neuroma does. Any shoe hurts when you have this condition.
But these particular shoes are high heels, and when you have this condition, you can't wear high heels. My point was,
since using res and dmso, I can now wear them.

#37 dannov

• 317 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:06 PM

For those experiencing joint and other similar types of pain--have you been supplementing with adequate amounts of Glucosamine/Chondroitin & MSM for some time? If not, I highly suggest it. Have been doing so for many years and regardless of what kind of pressure I put on my joints in the gym, I have not had any issues. On the other hand, my younger brother that doesn't supplement with these, has had some minor joint problems. Could just be coincidental, but just sharing my anecdotal account.

#38 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:36 PM

For those experiencing joint and other similar types of pain--have you been supplementing with adequate amounts of Glucosamine/Chondroitin & MSM for some time? If not, I highly suggest it. Have been doing so for many years and regardless of what kind of pressure I put on my joints in the gym, I have not had any issues. On the other hand, my younger brother that doesn't supplement with these, has had some minor joint problems. Could just be coincidental, but just sharing my anecdotal account.

Oddly enough, I just stopped taking Glucosamine (which I took with excellent results) and stopped giving it to my dogs as well now that we
are all taking hi-dose res. I will keep you informed if I notice a difference.
I believe the joint pain being experienced is due to excessive stress on the joints and tendons since the ones complaining are serious runners and the anti-inflammatory effect of the res is interfering with their recovery.
I think it has been explained in scientific terms previously either on this thread or one of the other Res threads.

#39 quarter

• 132 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 01:33 PM

Yip, I have been taking high doses of MSM powder, Glucosamine and Hyaluronic Acid, I am paranoid about the long term detrimental effects of hard athletic training as I don't want to end up an invalid in my old age. But these didn't prevent the tendon problems I experienced whilst supplementing with res. (Incidentally high dose bromelain (on an empty stomach) did appear to speed up the recovery process once res supplementation was dis-continued) I appreciate that for most members on here life extension is their main focus so it makes sense to adjust the exercise to incorporate the res, but I enjoy competitive sprinting too much to compromise my sprint training, and therefore I have elected to drop res for my supplement regime to protect my tendons.

#40 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 01:51 PM

Yip, I have been taking high doses of MSM powder, Glucosamine and Hyaluronic Acid, I am paranoid about the long term detrimental effects of hard athletic training as I don't want to end up an invalid in my old age. But these didn't prevent the tendon problems I experienced whilst supplementing with res. (Incidentally high dose bromelain (on an empty stomach) did appear to speed up the recovery process once res supplementation was dis-continued) I appreciate that for most members on here life extension is their main focus so it makes sense to adjust the exercise to incorporate the res, but I enjoy competitive sprinting too much to compromise my sprint training, and therefore I have elected to drop res for my supplement regime to protect my tendons.

I've seen that happen with dancers. It's so sad. They fall apart in their 40's.
Their bodies are so over worked and unnaturally stressed.

#41 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:07 AM

Hi,

My nail growth has changed significantly:

Above you can seen my thumbnail, look at the groove in the
middle part and you can imagine how it was growing before I
upped my dose from ~500-~800 to ~1500~2500 mg. The last
few month it was growing perfectly (dose >= 1500mg). The
groove in the middle part directly appeard after null-resv.
week (coincidence ?). After restarting resv. you can clearly see
the improvement fading in. Both of my thumnails showed the same
disturbanc of growth since my school days (being now 38). The
improvment on the right tumbail is not so pronounced but it clearly
grows better too.

valjean, I find this to be an interesting post on your part because, after the description and picture you've supplied, I'm very confident that you have what is known as "habit tic deformity". Basically it's a nervous habit where you push back the cuticle on your thumb nails and effectively damage the nail beds (which causes the horizontal ridges).

Perhaps for some nonobvious reason the resv. is reducing this behavioral tic?

#42 valjean

• 22 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:49 AM

Hi,

My nail growth has changed significantly:

Above you can seen my thumbnail, look at the groove in the
middle part and you can imagine how it was growing before I
upped my dose from ~500-~800 to ~1500~2500 mg. The last
few month it was growing perfectly (dose >= 1500mg). The
groove in the middle part directly appeard after null-resv.
week (coincidence ?). After restarting resv. you can clearly see
the improvement fading in. Both of my thumnails showed the same
disturbanc of growth since my school days (being now 38). The
improvment on the right tumbail is not so pronounced but it clearly
grows better too.

valjean, I find this to be an interesting post on your part because, after the description and picture you've supplied, I'm very confident that you have what is known as "habit tic deformity". Basically it's a nervous habit where you push back the cuticle on your thumb nails and effectively damage the nail beds (which causes the horizontal ridges).

Perhaps for some nonobvious reason the resv. is reducing this behavioral tic?

Hi the abnormal nail growth had nothing to do with a tic but a very painful injury
I got when I was pushing a rubber seal back into a window frame. Unfortunately
my thumbs where into the frame while the wind was closing the window.

#43 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:04 PM

I voted zero effect. Since starting 80mg+ daily resveratrol usage some three years ago (currently at 500mg), I've not noticed any physical decline at all, which might be seen as a positive effect, but it's impossible to attribute my steady state of good health to any single supplement.

#44 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:13 PM

The release of PGE2 is part of the (normal) adaptive response to exercise. Inflammation is known to be harmless in loaded tendons & inhibiting it *chronically* might be detrimental rather than beneficial in the long run in damaged tendons.

This makes sense, and I think I experienced this phenomenon personally. At a high-dose of EPA/DHA fish oil, I started developing tendonitis symptoms in my wrists, elbows, etc that disappeared when I stopped supplementing with it. I thought this was paradoxical because of EPA's anti-inflammatory nature, but apparently some degree of inflammation is necessary for normal healing/repair processes.

#45 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 03:00 AM

The release of PGE2 is part of the (normal) adaptive response to exercise. Inflammation is known to be harmless in loaded tendons & inhibiting it *chronically* might be detrimental rather than beneficial in the long run in damaged tendons.

This makes sense, and I think I experienced this phenomenon personally. At a high-dose of EPA/DHA fish oil, I started developing tendonitis symptoms in my wrists, elbows, etc that disappeared when I stopped supplementing with it. I thought this was paradoxical because of EPA's anti-inflammatory nature, but apparently some degree of inflammation is necessary for normal healing/repair processes.

Inverted U-shaped response curve I suppose, like many things.

#46 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 03:34 AM

As for inflammation being *harmless* in tendons, I think that a lot would depend on the severity of the inflammation. Funk, I think that if the EPA was causing your tendonitis, it was due to something other than its anti-inflammatory nature. Maybe something like an allergic response? EPA just isn't that powerful of an anti-inflammatory. It will normalize the inflammatory response, but it shouldn't really inhibit it to an unhealthy degree if you aren't megadosing. I've never heard of tendonitis as a side effect of, say, corticosteroid treatment, and you don't get much more anti-inflammatory than that.

#47 electric buddha

• 76 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:19 AM

Slight positive/negative effect, in that during the time I stopped taking the PEG suspension of resveratrol I found my energy level moving pretty far downward. I'm still not 100% prepared to count that as something beyond a possible placebo effect though.

#48 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 12:22 PM

The poll results appear to show a greater-than-placebo effect for resveratrol mostly positive. The poll is complicated by the fact that we do not have dosage information, resveratrol quality (50% vs 98-99%) method of administration, nor frequency of administratin.

It does show that a self-selected group of people interested in supplements, and choosing means and methods of self-administration, show an effect greater than one might expect for a placebo. Would it be too much to do another poll, with the following categories?

Over 500 mg daily, vs under 500 mg daily trans-resveratrpl
50% extract. vs 98%+ extract or synthetic

There would then be four groups to note effects for.

#49 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:03 PM

The poll results appear to show a greater-than-placebo effect for resveratrol mostly positive. The poll is complicated by the fact that we do not have dosage information, resveratrol quality (50% vs 98-99%) method of administration, nor frequency of administratin.

It does show that a self-selected group of people interested in supplements, and choosing means and methods of self-administration, show an effect greater than one might expect for a placebo. Would it be too much to do another poll, with the following categories?

Over 500 mg daily, vs under 500 mg daily trans-resveratrpl
50% extract. vs 98%+ extract or synthetic

There would then be four groups to note effects for.

good idea
why don't you start the poll

#50 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 03:22 PM

Maybe something like an allergic response? EPA just isn't that powerful of an anti-inflammatory. It will normalize the inflammatory response, but it shouldn't really inhibit it to an unhealthy degree if you aren't megadosing.

Could be, I'm really not sure. I was taking 3g EPA / 1.5g DHA in the form of six caps of Now Ultra Omega-3 daily, which might be considered mega-dosing depending on your definition.

#51 bixbyte

• Topic Starter
  • 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 December 2007 - 05:01 PM

I hope this Poll helps and shows some significance as to positive, negative, negative/positive, not sure, or neutral effects while taking your daily dose of RSV.
(retaking this Poll maybe needed later)

Good Luck, I hope this poll helps

To certain poll takers,
The four (4) - Negative and five (5) -+ Negative and Postive effects.

DID YOU EXPERIENCE SYMPTOMS THAT MIGHT BE TENDONITIS?
or even remotely related to Tendonitis?

Just curious as I keep reading occaisionally that people halt or reduce their RSV dose due to symptoms that sound like Tennis Elbow or Runners Knee.

#52 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:43 PM

I answered not sure, although I could have also said zero. Nothing dramatic happened. I took some (a free sample) for about 1 month. 100mg t-res per capsule.

#53 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:21 AM

I answered not sure, although I could have also said zero. Nothing dramatic happened. I took some (a free sample) for about 1 month. 100mg t-res per capsule.

That's too low a dose to notice. I was taking 100mg for almost a year in the form of Jarrows 100 (20% t-res of 500 mg capsule = 100 mg t-res).
I didn't notice anything until the day I got the 98%pure powder and took 400 mg at one time.

#54 pinballwizard

• Life Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:21 AM

diahrea (definitely). tendinitis?? not sure. to hard to pinpoint. Could be a factor. I would say minimally. I spent a ton for a huge quantity discount. Then threw it all out because of the diahrea.

#55 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:58 PM

Bump for votes

#56 bixbyte

• Topic Starter
  • 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:25 PM

With over 7,000 views and only 79 take the poll?
I might assume that,
7 viewers per 1,000 viewers take Resveratrol?
Interesting?

#57 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:24 PM

Agreed, some people think its hype and some people have taken poor product with poor results and stopped. A poll that is more product specific may provide better results. Although this poll shows favorable data right now. I'd like to see one about the leading pre-emulsified product.

#58 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:36 PM

Agreed, some people think its hype and some people have taken poor product with poor results and stopped. A poll that is more product specific may provide better results. Although this poll shows favorable data right now. I'd like to see one about the leading pre-emulsified product.

I thought it was hype and/or purposely confused by sellers of RESV. I still think the sellers spread disinformation. I got involved with RESV when I read some studies on a prostate cancer (which I'm treating naturally) forum. I sent an email to Sard1 and got an immediate reply. He responded with a bunch of conflicting and confusing studies showing that I would die of a heart attack if I took enough RESV to matter. He was nice enough to send me a bunch of boxes of L0ngev1nex and his gigantic book Y0u D0n't Have To Be Afra1d 0f Cancer Anym0re and told me to take 8 capsules of L0ngev1nex with 12 grams of fish oil and 12,000 units of D3 and nothing else. He expected my cancer and even my healthy cells would fry, so he urged me to cycle between the 8 capsules and a lower dose. I noticed positive changes in my over all energy level and health so I continued with RESV, only started taking 4 capsules Nitro 250 and 4 capsules MCT Quercetin upon arising. I can't attribute improvement in my PSA to RESV because I also added 3 grams of quercetin per meal and 5 grams of white mushroom extract (M from LEF).

After 1 month using 8 capsules L0ngev1nex and 1 month using 4 capsules Nitro 250 with 4 capsules MCT Quercetin I report:

1) I am sleeping so deeply I don't seem to dream or am so zonked out I don't remember dreaming. I drink significanly less coffee and am wide awake until bedtime. I used to think that evening was just another time to do exciting things. Then evening became a time to watch TV and zonk. Now it's back to evening as a time to work and do exciting things.

2) I am sleeping much less than before. I awake the way I did years ago, almost with a startle. I just pop out of what feels like the sleep of the dead. Hadn't done that in decades.

3) I'm considerably stronger, have more energy and endurance. I've been on sublingual testosterone for about a year. It didn't seem to have much effect on me. I still struggled with grocery bags, carrying boxes and 5 gallon bottles of water. I just throw the 5 gallon bottles of water around now. It's been cold and rainy so I only take my 2 hour walk every now and then. During the first month of RESV and before I was breathing hard and forcing myself after the first hour and didn't seem to get the training effect of more endurance despite walking every night. Now when I take the 2 hour walk it's easy, am not breathing so hard.

4) Longer erections and decreased refractory period.

5) Night vision has always been a problem with me. It took me many times longer to accomodate to darkness than other guys my age. My time to accomodate has improved and my ability to see at night has improved. My car windows are tinted as much as the law will allow because we use air conditioning a lot more than heat and the sun blazes even during Winter. The unintended consequence of having tilted car windows is that unless the sun is blazing, it's a bit like driving at night and driving at night means driving with a lot less light. I see more clearly and see greater contract and detail now as I drive despite the tinted windows.

6) My vision has improved. I was starting to need glasses because of lack of accomodation. I'd stare at the computer screen for a few hours (I know, don't do this without stopping to focus far every half hour) then look away and things would be a blur. That's no longer the case. I need less light to see detail and fine print. Note that I've been taking 500 mg/kg IP6 + 137.g mg/kg bodyweight for 5 months.

7) My memory has improved. I remember names and telephone numbers better than I had been for a few decades.

8) My mood has improved tremendously. It's back more to "I can conquer the world" instead of "I give up, the world has conquered me".

#59 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:48 PM

I thought it was hype and/or purposely confused by sellers of RESV. I still think the sellers spread disinformation. I got involved with RESV when I read some studies on a prostate cancer (which I'm treating naturally) forum. I sent an email to Sard1 and got an immediate reply. He responded with a bunch of conflicting and confusing studies showing that I would die of a heart attack if I took enough RESV to matter. He was nice enough to send me a bunch of boxes of L0ngev1nex and his gigantic book Y0u D0n't Have To Be Afra1d 0f Cancer Anym0re and told me to take 8 capsules of L0ngev1nex with 12 grams of fish oil and 12,000 units of D3 and nothing else. He expected my cancer and even my healthy cells would fry, so he urged me to cycle between the 8 capsules and a lower dose. I noticed positive changes in my over all energy level and health so I continued with RESV, only started taking 4 capsules Nitro 250 and 4 capsules MCT Quercetin upon arising. I can't attribute improvement in my PSA to RESV because I also added 3 grams of quercetin per meal and 5 grams of white mushroom extract (M from LEF).

After 1 month using 8 capsules L0ngev1nex and 1 month using 4 capsules Nitro 250 with 4 capsules MCT Quercetin I report:

1) I am sleeping so deeply I don't seem to dream or am so zonked out I don't remember dreaming. I drink significanly less coffee and am wide awake until bedtime. I used to think that evening was just another time to do exciting things. Then evening became a time to watch TV and zonk. Now it's back to evening as a time to work and do exciting things.

2) I am sleeping much less than before. I awake the way I did years ago, almost with a startle. I just pop out of what feels like the sleep of the dead. Hadn't done that in decades.

3) I'm considerably stronger, have more energy and endurance. I've been on sublingual testosterone for about a year. It didn't seem to have much effect on me. I still struggled with grocery bags, carrying boxes and 5 gallon bottles of water. I just throw the 5 gallon bottles of water around now. It's been cold and rainy so I only take my 2 hour walk every now and then. During the first month of RESV and before I was breathing hard and forcing myself after the first hour and didn't seem to get the training effect of more endurance despite walking every night. Now when I take the 2 hour walk it's easy, am not breathing so hard.

4) Longer erections and decreased refractory period.

5) Night vision has always been a problem with me. It took me many times longer to accomodate to darkness than other guys my age. My time to accomodate has improved and my ability to see at night has improved. My car windows are tinted as much as the law will allow because we use air conditioning a lot more than heat and the sun blazes even during Winter. The unintended consequence of having tilted car windows is that unless the sun is blazing, it's a bit like driving at night and driving at night means driving with a lot less light. I see more clearly and see greater contract and detail now as I drive despite the tinted windows.

6) My vision has improved. I was starting to need glasses because of lack of accomodation. I'd stare at the computer screen for a few hours (I know, don't do this without stopping to focus far every half hour) then look away and things would be a blur. That's no longer the case. I need less light to see detail and fine print. Note that I've been taking 500 mg/kg IP6 + 137.g mg/kg bodyweight for 5 months.

7) My memory has improved. I remember names and telephone numbers better than I had been for a few decades.

8) My mood has improved tremendously. It's back more to "I can conquer the world" instead of "I give up, the world has conquered me".

Must be the mushroom estract. :-D
:)

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:37 PM

9) My fasting glucose, which had been going upwards reached 160, a bad sign. I was on 8 L0ngev1nex per day and 2 grams quercetin a few days when I went for my last FBS. It was 100, a relief to all. Now this might be because I've been chelating iron with the IP6+Inositol, as I had not had a FBS between starting the IP6+Inositol and when I had my last blood tests. IP6's chelation of iron is supposed to reverse insulin resistance and also tweak the pancreas.

I spell Sard1 and L0ngev1nex because I told of my interaction with Sard1 and the next day he emailed me everything I had posted on a prostate cancer forum mentioning him and his product/company. Is this what medical writers need to do or is there something else at work?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users