• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

The Longevity Revolution

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 andres

• 36 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:12 AM

Long time contributor, Arlind, has posted the following video post related to Life Extension research, for the Thoughtware.TV community. I believe the documentary will be of interest to this community, so I'm posting it here for all our friends at imminst.org to see.

Living Forever: The Longevity Revolution [link]

"Scientists from around the world are racing to answer one of humanity's chief questions: can we turn back the human clock? Hitch a ride on this controversial roller-coaster with charismatic gerontologist Michael Rose as he leads us to where the cutting-edge science in life extension is happening: biotechnology, genetic research, therapeutic cloning and stem-cell research – fields which have moved to the outer reaches of our wildest imagination."

-Andres
"Be the change you want to see in this world"

Over 1,200 videos and growing. Enjoy this and other world changing videos at Thoughtware.TV

Edited by andres, 09 January 2008 - 06:22 AM.

#2 Bruce Klein

• Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:57 PM

Great video... w/ many familiar faces.

#3 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:00 PM

Oh sweet! I uploaded it to Google vids yesterday, but hadn't checked to make sure it was working yet. I'm glad it showed up. It is definitely an interesting video, and everyone should take a peek at it.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Liquidus

• 446 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:27 PM

I've been in a meeting for the last four and a half hours, I think I'm entitled to watch this vid :)

ps. thanks for the Thoughtware.tv link, I've never heard of that site until now and I'm glad I have

Edited by G Snake, 09 January 2008 - 06:29 PM.

#5 andres

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:38 PM

Oh sweet! I uploaded it to Google vids yesterday, but hadn't checked to make sure it was working yet. I'm glad it showed up. It is definitely an interesting video, and everyone should take a peek at it.

Thanks a lot =)

I've been in a meeting for the last four and a half hours, I think I'm entitled to watch this vid :)

ps. thanks for the Thoughtware.tv link, I've never heard of that site until now and I'm glad I have

You're very welcome :p

#6 AdamDavis

• 539 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:19 PM

Excellent video, thanks Andres. I knew Kurzweil would say the word "exponentially" at some point in the video ;).

#7 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:04 PM

Wow, I can't believe I missed this one til now. Better late than never, I guess. Thanks all.

#8 Unregistered

• 406 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:47 PM

Watched most of it; it's a pretty decent documentary. ;)

#9 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:36 AM

Only just seen this tonight, great documentary!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users