- - - - -

Paper on Resveratrol Stability

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:17 AM

If anyone is interested I've uploaded the paper to the Full Members > Resource Sharing area. I can't post it in the general forums, but this way it should be fair use for research purposes.

Membership has other benefits, BTW.

The summary of the paper:

Resveratrol has attracted interest as a wine constituent that may reduce heart disease. Published
data on the molar absorptivity and chemical stability of cis- and trans-resveratrol have varied greatly.
Accurate values for UV absorbance for trans-resveratrol [UV ìmax (EtOH) nm () 308 (30 000)] and
cis-resveratrol [UV ìmax (EtOH) nm () 288 (12 600)] were determined and are used to improve
chromatographic quantitation methods. Trials conducted under a variety of commonly encountered
laboratory conditions show that trans-resveratrol is stable for months, except in high-pH buffers,
when protected from light. cis-Resveratrol was stable only near pH neutrality when completely
protected from light.

edited for gramer and speling

Edited by maxwatt, 28 January 2008 - 12:20 AM.

#2 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:13 AM

edited for gramer and speling

ha ha...

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Hedgehog

• 462 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:00 PM

<br />If anyone is interested I've uploaded the paper to the Full Members &gt; Resource Sharing area. I can't post it in the general forums, but this way it should be fair use for research purposes.<br /><br />Membership has other benefits, BTW.<br /><br />The summary of the paper:<br /><br />

Resveratrol has attracted interest as a wine constituent that may reduce heart disease. Published<br />data on the molar absorptivity and chemical stability of cis- and trans-resveratrol have varied greatly.<br />Accurate values for UV absorbance for trans-resveratrol [UV ìmax (EtOH) nm () 308 (30 000)] and<br />cis-resveratrol [UV ìmax (EtOH) nm () 288 (12 600)] were determined and are used to improve<br />chromatographic quantitation methods. Trials conducted under a variety of commonly encountered<br />laboratory conditions show that trans-resveratrol is stable for months, except in high-pH buffers,<br />when protected from light. cis-Resveratrol was stable only near pH neutrality when completely<br />protected from light.

<br /><br /><font size="1">edited for gramer and speling </font><br />

<br /><br /><br />

Thanks,

Laboratory lighting conditions favor an equilibrium of about 91% cis-resveratrol.

Not sure if this link works for anybody but it seemed to work for me..

http://pubs.acs.org/.../jf9504576.html

#4 maxwatt

• Topic Starter
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:49 PM

<br />If anyone is interested I've uploaded the paper to the Full Members &gt; Resource Sharing area. I can't post it in the general forums, but this way it should be fair use for research purposes.<br /><br />Membership has other benefits, BTW.<br /><br />The summary of the paper:<br /><br />

Resveratrol has attracted interest as a wine constituent that may reduce heart disease. Published<br />data on the molar absorptivity and chemical stability of cis- and trans-resveratrol have varied greatly.<br />Accurate values for UV absorbance for trans-resveratrol [UV ìmax (EtOH) nm () 308 (30 000)] and<br />cis-resveratrol [UV ìmax (EtOH) nm () 288 (12 600)] were determined and are used to improve<br />chromatographic quantitation methods. Trials conducted under a variety of commonly encountered<br />laboratory conditions show that trans-resveratrol is stable for months, except in high-pH buffers,<br />when protected from light. cis-Resveratrol was stable only near pH neutrality when completely<br />protected from light.

<br /><br /><br />

Thanks,

Laboratory lighting conditions favor an equilibrium of about 91% cis-resveratrol.

You are accessing from an account that has permission to view the article, being affiliated with a Corporation, University or other institution. Most of us cannot access it by that route.
And yes, lab lighting has a lot of UV. he summary implies keep it in the dark for stability.

#5 luminous

• 269 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:40 PM

<br /><br /><br />

Thanks,

You are accessing from an account that has permission to view the article, being affiliated with a Corporation, University or other institution. Most of us cannot access it by that route.
And yes, lab lighting has a lot of UV. he summary implies keep it in the dark for stability.

I keep mine in the refrigerator in a FresherLonger storage container.
http://www.nsti.org/...how.html?id=867
The container is translucent. I trust the refrigerator light goes OFF when the door is shut, but I guess I'll never know for sure. Maybe I should use an opaque container? Does anyone know if the refrigerator is appropriate for resveratrol storage?

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 maxwatt

• Topic Starter
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 01:46 AM

<br /><br /><br />

Thanks,

I keep mine in the refrigerator in a FresherLonger storage container.
http://www.nsti.org/...how.html?id=867
The container is translucent. I trust the refrigerator light goes OFF when the door is shut, but I guess I'll never know for sure. Maybe I should use an opaque container? Does anyone know if the refrigerator is appropriate for resveratrol storage?

IF the container is absolutely air tight, and not opened often, yes. ( The freezer is a better option, as long as you don't have any dead canaries it would displace.) The only caveat would be to let the resveratrol return to room temperature in its sealed container before opening it, to avoid moisture condensation which could cause problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users