Photo
- - - - -

Rosacea, Acne & Blepharitis

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 unbreakable

• 313 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:41 PM

I have Rosacea and mild Acne + Blepharitis. I consider taking low dose Roaccutan (10mg) or low dose Doxycycline (20mg bid). I guess combining them isn't a very good idea even if the doses used are very low. I want to take a Metronidazole cream in the morning and a gel with Azelaic acid in the evening, but maybe just sticking to Metronidazole alone is better? The problem I see is, that buying Doxycycline online is pretty risky IMHO, as old/bad? Tetracyclines can cause kidney damage. I will probably have to go to just another dermatologist, who will give useless creames and no systemic medication again :-(.

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:47 AM

I have Rosacea and mild Acne + Blepharitis. I consider taking low dose Roaccutan (10mg) or low dose Doxycycline (20mg bid). I guess combining them isn't a very good idea even if the doses used are very low. I want to take a Metronidazole cream in the morning and a gel with Azelaic acid in the evening, but maybe just sticking to Metronidazole alone is better? The problem I see is, that buying Doxycycline online is pretty risky IMHO, as old/bad? Tetracyclines can cause kidney damage. I will probably have to go to just another dermatologist, who will give useless creames and no systemic medication again :-(.

If the dermatologist is decent, they will not give you useless drugs. One of the basic tenets of medicine is that you should use the least dangerous drug that gets the job done. For dermatologic problems, topicals are usually the best choice. I would not recommend buying any antibiotic online unless you are dealing with a high quality pharmacy, the type that will insist on a prescription, and will not provide one themselves.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users