Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

What do you think of bulknutrition?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Yearningforyears

• 230 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:51 PM

Can we be sure that their (and other internet vendors) chemicals does not contain any harmful contaminants?
I´ve never been let down by the quality of their nootropics and phenibut, but just don´t want to get any unpleasant surprises in the future (like accumulation of heavy metals in my body etc).

#2 Frostie123

• 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:22 PM

Personally I wouldn't trust bulk suppliers. Sure, they might be cheap, but you never know what can happen to them as they are usually from China.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:07 AM

Can we be sure that their (and other internet vendors) chemicals does not contain any harmful contaminants?
I´ve never been let down by the quality of their nootropics and phenibut, but just don´t want to get any unpleasant surprises in the future (like accumulation of heavy metals in my body etc).

you cant... unless they are providing 3rd party COA's for their products (manufacturer coa's dont count in most cases, the chinese are notorious for faking coa's)

patented products might be ok, but who knows about their packaging facilities... they very well may be scooping stuff into bottles by hand.

Edited by ajnast4r, 19 March 2008 - 12:08 AM.

#4 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:10 AM

Personally I wouldn't trust bulk suppliers.
Sure, they might be cheap, but you never know what can happen to them as they are usually from China.

Well said, Frostie123 and ajnast4r.

Bulk suppliers? Thanks, but no thanks. I'm sticking to my Jarrow supplements. ;)

Edited by pycnogenol, 19 March 2008 - 12:15 AM.

#5 Rags847

• 362 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:30 AM

Agreed! I stick to AOR, Life Extension and Relentless Improvement. Going to all this trouble to stay healthy, going to buy quality products.

#6 Yearningforyears

• Topic Starter
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:10 PM

Thanks a lot for the information. I´ll check them out. I a country that sells organs from executed prisoners, who knows what they think of ethics and moral when it comes to safety concerns in other topics...
Now I have a lot of exciting surfing to do. See you on the waves to immortality ;)

#7 Ghostrider

• 1,996 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:27 PM

Thanks a lot for the information. I´ll check them out. I a country that sells organs from executed prisoners, who knows what they think of ethics and moral when it comes to safety concerns in other topics...
Now I have a lot of exciting surfing to do. See you on the waves to immortality ;)

Without diverting the topic, selling organs from executed prisoners can save (and probably has) life. I don't necessarily agree with the death penalty, but if there has to be a death penalty, the greatest good should be made of it. So you must be referring to the corruption that results from it, killing possibly innocent people for their organs, just to be clear.

#8 Curtis1943

• 6 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:11 AM

Personally I wouldn't trust bulk suppliers.
Sure, they might be cheap, but you never know what can happen to them as they are usually from China.

Well said, Frostie123 and ajnast4r.

Bulk suppliers? Thanks, but no thanks. I'm sticking to my Jarrow supplements. :)

I think we would not be surprised at how much of our ingredients come from China. Lets remember that poor quality and mis identitiy can come from anywhere. But I am wondering what is meant by the term 'bulk supplier'. Very few of these companies who make supplements actually make their ingredients, they simply mix them together and put them into a capsule, and so I think the big issue and especially that we have seen in the news lately is traceability. Some of what we call 'bulk suppliers' own their own farms and manufacture their own ingredients, in addition to marketing them to the capsule makers. Other suppliers have no clue where their raw materials come from, or that they are even what they say they are, ie identity. Having branded ingredients there can help with traceability but on the other hand a lot of branded ingredients are merely otherwise generic ingredients sourced through a broker that just happen to stand out with a snazzy logo and name.

#9 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:28 AM

Geez people, where do you think the branded companies get their ingredients, the same damn place the bulk suppliers get them, they just cap and bottle them up, write up some marketing, stick a pretty label on them and convince you they are trustworthy and safe. Every bulknutrition supp I have bought has a COA, not so with the other fancy bottled supps.

Now as far as "faking COAs" I'm sure it happens but it probably happens to the "branded" manufacturers just as often as they simply buy the same stuff as the bulk suppliers. There is no way they are doing 3rd party COAs on every batch it just wouldnt be cost effective.

We are all taking risks consuming supps daily regardless of whether we buy from bulk suppliers or branded supplements... But whatever makes you sleep better at night/quells your paranoia.

Edited by edward, 11 April 2008 - 01:35 AM.

#10 Advanc3d

• 283 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:00 AM

i have bought over 600$ worth of goods from them over the past 9 months.

my last order that i sent end of JULY!! hasn't come yet
i emailed them a while ago and they told me they will check up on it.
i have since emailed them 4 times and they have no replied at all!

any bet they fucked up somewhere and forgot to ship my order.. even though it says its been shipped.

its now 1 whole month and a week and no email response and no no nothing!
every other batch of goods i get, i recieve in about 10 working days.

bulknutrition failed big time. seems like 110$ in the drain.

#11 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:35 PM

any bet they fucked up somewhere and forgot to ship my order.. even though it says its been shipped.

It depends where you are. I/m in th UK and they always get me fucked over on Postage and/or customs. iHerb manage do not sure why they find a problem. Theyman-handle it enough to remove any benefit from the 1/2 ratio of the pound to the dollar so I can't think why anyone uses then in the US.

#12 Advanc3d

• 283 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:13 PM

It depends where you are. I/m in th UK and they always get me fucked over on Postage and/or customs. iHerb manage do not sure why they find a problem. Theyman-handle it enough to remove any benefit from the 1/2 ratio of the pound to the dollar so I can't think why anyone uses then in the US.

i live in australia.

i dont have a problem that its taken so long, more so i have a problem that they havent even bothered to reply to one of my 4-5 emails that i have sent

#13 Advanc3d

• 283 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:24 AM

its been nearly 2 FKING MONTHS
no email replys
no sign of anything
looks like BN fucked me over on my $104 order

#14 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:52 AM

no email replys
no sign of anything

I've been ordering from BN 3+ years now and have placed over 20 orders probably; I've had no problem.

Do you think customs may have seized your order since you live in Australia?

#15 Advanc3d

• 283 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 07:28 AM

no email replys
no sign of anything

I've been ordering from BN 3+ years now and have placed over 20 orders probably; I've had no problem.

Do you think customs may have seized your order since you live in Australia?

Well, i too have had a lot of orders from BN that have only taken 2 weeks to arrive
Bulknutrition does not reply to my emails to tell me what could of happened

none of the things i ordered are controlled or anything,
my order was

PEA
DL-Phenylalanine
Now Foods Pantothenic Acid
Now Foods ADAM Superior Men
DMAE Powder
Now Foods 000 Gelatin Caps

i have ordered from them before with the same products before where the custom opened and check and passed it through.

any bet BN fucked the order on their side and are a bitch to admit to it
they emailed me after my first email a month ago saying "ill check in to it and tell you whats happening"
i emailed them about 5 times since asking what has happened. no reply

#16 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:29 PM

My shipping (of piracetam) didn't get through customs and bulknutrition did not answer any of my emails. I rate their customer service as crap.

#17 M.speciosa

• 28 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:22 AM

Geez people, where do you think the branded companies get their ingredients, the same damn place the bulk suppliers get them, they just cap and bottle them up, write up some marketing, stick a pretty label on them and convince you they are trustworthy and safe. Every bulknutrition supp I have bought has a COA, not so with the other fancy bottled supps.

Now as far as "faking COAs" I'm sure it happens but it probably happens to the "branded" manufacturers just as often as they simply buy the same stuff as the bulk suppliers. There is no way they are doing 3rd party COAs on every batch it just wouldnt be cost effective.

We are all taking risks consuming supps daily regardless of whether we buy from bulk suppliers or branded supplements... But whatever makes you sleep better at night/quells your paranoia.

Well said edward. I've been ordering from BN for quite some time now, and I've NEVER had a problem with my orders. The only incident that happened was USPS' fault. They damaged my box big time, like half of the bottle of Aniracetam was sticking outside of the box. I emailed BN just to let them know what happened, and one of the managers emailed me back with an apology and a coupon for $300!!! My order was only $30-something dollars and it wasn't even BN's fault! I call that customer service!

#18 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:31 PM

My shipping (of piracetam) didn't get through customs and bulknutrition did not answer any of my emails. I rate their customer service as crap.

Can I ask where you live?

#19 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:39 PM

Well said edward. I've been ordering from BN for quite some time now, and I've NEVER had a problem with my orders. The only incident that happened was USPS' fault. They damaged my box big time, like half of the bottle of Aniracetam was sticking outside of the box. I emailed BN just to let them know what happened, and one of the managers emailed me back with an apology and a coupon for $300!!! My order was only $30-something dollars and it wasn't even BN's fault! I call that customer service!

I call that sloppy. You don't send a $300 voucher to correct a $30 mistake, anyone who does that is equally likely to send the wrong products or bill you incorrectly. I'd rather not rely on luck for quality of service.

#20 solracselbor

• 98 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:02 AM

I call that sloppy. You don't send a $300 voucher to correct a $30 mistake, anyone who does that is equally likely to send the wrong products or bill you incorrectly. I'd rather not rely on luck for quality of service.

agreed

#21 QnoQ

• 11 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:13 AM

I order from BulkNutrition, they cancelled my order because they dont send to my country, i said OK, but they didnt return my money back and dont answer my emails, wtf?! :)

#22 QnoQ

• 11 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:00 PM

I order from BulkNutrition, they cancelled my order because they dont send to my country, i said OK, but they didnt return my money back and dont answer my emails, wtf?! ;)

I received my money back! :)

#23 tlm884

• 597 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:10 PM

I just emailed Primaforce to ask for a COA for Piracetam. I recieved a very prompt email telling me the product is manufactured to strict regulations however he is unsure of shipping to Canada. I emailed him back and told him I would like to purchase the product and have had no trouble getting it into Canada from AntiAging Systems. I got an email back telling me to look elsewhere...

#24 tlm884

• 597 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:18 PM

However, Piracetam is on sale at bodybuilding.com 19.99 for 500 grams! I just bought 2 bottles and had it shipped to Canada. Now just to get some Choline

#25 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:48 PM

I bought a few items from them. Curiously, their bulk L-theanine and taurine give me the same type of tension headache. Plus, the taurine makes the water taste funny and I don't get the same effect as I do if I use Now. Those two items are crap. I'm starting to wonder about BN.

#26 TheLorax

• 29 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:47 PM

I've never run a 3rd-party COA on any of their products, but I've been pleased with the appearance, consistency (aside from some clumped powders here and there), and subjective effects of the items I've ordered. My only negative experience stems from their customer support - prompt with e-mail contact, but they never return a phone call. The only time I've canceled an order they have promptly refunded my money. In short, I'm happy, but without an independent COA.

Bulk Powders from BN that I've been pleased with:
Piracetam
ALCAR
Cissus quadrangularis
Phenibut
Ashwagandha
Choline Citrate
Oxiracetam
Sulbutiamine
L-Tyrosine
Caffeine Anhydrous
Bacopa Monnieri
Cordyceps
Maca Extract

Edited by TheLorax, 26 February 2009 - 08:47 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#27 vovin

• 75 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:45 PM

I bought some piracetam from them a couple weeks ago thru their amazon store. It arrived really quickly. The only issue I have with it is the container had no expiration date on it. Which I thought was really odd. But the piracetam worked on me really well so I am happy with the product.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users