Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Issue With Supplier

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 h0td0gz

• 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:35 PM

Okay, the title is probably not true. But here's a message that I got from a site I tried ordering Ortho-Mind from, called *****:

Hello just to let you know, there was a recall on the ortho mind product which has caused a delay. I am getting the new batch of this product this week. I apologize for the delay, I didn't want to send you a product, knowing that it was recalled by the manufacturer...
Sincerely,

Tyler *****

My guess is that this guy was advertising the product, when he had probably sold out or didn't have any in stock, and is now lying in order to save his hide. Let this serve as a warning to not order from *****. The only reason I ordered from there was their low price of $36.00. I'm just glad that I happened to order through paypal and didn't give them my credit card number, because this whole sale was shady.

Edited by shepard, 19 March 2008 - 08:35 PM.

#2 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:33 PM

hotdogz, I edited the title of the post to more accurately reflect your message. I also removed the name of the company since, as of the moment, you don't appear to have any evidence one way or another. These boards are not a place to praise or trash a supplier without proof.

Edited by shepard, 19 March 2008 - 08:36 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 h0td0gz

• Topic Starter
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:10 PM

hotdogz, I edited the title of the post to more accurately reflect your message. I also removed the name of the company since, as of the moment, you don't appear to have any evidence one way or another. These boards are not a place to praise or trash a supplier without proof.

I was only trying to warn potential consumers. Though I understand why you edited the title - I suppose my attempt at humor may have been a little misleading. ;)

I can post a screenshot of the email if that'll provide sufficient evidence. Although I suppose even that would make for poor evidence considering that the seller uses an AOL email account. I guess all that I can say is that the first listed seller on Google Products (http://www.google.com/products) for a specific product may not always be the most reliable.

Edited by h0td0gz, 19 March 2008 - 09:11 PM.

#4 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:18 PM

I was only trying to warn potential consumers.

I appreciate the intent. If AOR had been contacted to provided some input into the situation it would have been better. And, of course, members are free to PM you to ask exactly who you're talking about. It's just a little premature to have it open on the forum.

#5 h0td0gz

• Topic Starter
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:37 PM

So get this. I FINALLY got the Ortho-Mind in the mail today. It was shipped directly to me from *********, NOT the supplier from whom I ordered. The supplier I ordered it from just raised the price of their ortho-mind to $47, whereas I ordered it from them for $41 including shipping. I have the receipt from the supplier's transaction with ********** and he paid $50.99 total for it!

Looks to me like they ran out, lied to me about the product being recalled from the manufacturer, ordered a bunch from ********* (at $44.99 without shipping) and had one sent to me directly from them. Oh well, at least I got a $9 discount through all of this bullshit.

Edited by Mind, 01 April 2008 - 09:01 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#6 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,055 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:03 PM

Edited to take out supplier names.

Warning: Do not use the forums for praising or bashing particular suppliers, or your account will be suspended.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users