• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Give your computer at your death to your child

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 jonano

• 472 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:48 PM

stay with only 1 computer, build only 1 computer, for all your life, create a legacy to your child with your computer at your death..

at you death, your child will discover your computer, your musics, your files, your businesses, your loves, your mind, your passwords...

sweet child of mine,

--Jon

#2 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:14 AM

What about the pictures of naked animals stored on your hard drive jonano?

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:34 AM

LOL... might want to clear out your internet cache beforehand. :p

#4 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:12 PM

yea.. bad idea...

#5 dr_chaos

• 143 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:20 PM

Posted Image
naked animals? could be worse.

#6 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:21 PM

This is my favorite thread ever.

#7 jonano

• Topic Starter
  • 472 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:51 PM

it's ridiculous, when my posting is serious.

Edited by shepard, 10 April 2008 - 09:39 PM.
Please watch your language, jonano.

#8 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:27 PM

Yes Jonano. You need to take a good look at your postings then. We should create a forum for you and caston so that you can both throw zanny ideas around willy nilly.

Don't get me wrong I think that some of your ideas are noble however you haven't taken the time to think about them. For example, by the time the paper work is done and your child finally receives your computer after you die they're going have to buy more ram to keep up and so on. On top of all of this, won't your child have real world memories of you? Personally I wouldn't give my child my computer then they might really find out who the real me is behind their weekly back hander. Nah! Couldn't afford that!

#9 jonano

• Topic Starter
  • 472 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:54 PM

sorry, not the computer, maybe you don't understand the concept, you have problem with intelligence.

I WAS SPEAKING ABOUT MY PERSONAL DATASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW!!!!!!!!! STUPID MAN.

don't do it. just destroy your computer, that's your life, don't create children too.

you dont know computers to tell that. how do you think Microsoft is changing their computers without losting datas!? they do hard drive transfers.

Edited by jonano, 11 April 2008 - 12:03 AM.

#10 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:07 AM

sorry, not the computer, maybe you don't understand the concept, you have problem with intelligence.

I WAS SPEAKING ABOUT MY PERSONAL DATASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW!!!!!!!!! STUPID MAN.

jonano this attitude is only damaging your image further. and yet you go crazy and want to sue anyone who writes something bad about you in their website....

Edited by sam988, 11 April 2008 - 12:08 AM.

#11 jonano

• Topic Starter
  • 472 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:13 AM

I dont accept stupid people in my circle.

#12 senseix

• 250 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:36 AM

LOL man, zoolander is one of the most intelligent people that i have met on this forum, so calling him stupid makes me laugh, he is so opposite of that. Umm look, if you had more computer knowledge you would of made better sense, your idea is flawed, because your computer knowledge is very limited. If you wanted to keep copies of all the information you've saved over the years, on harddrives, or other media, so when you die your kids could load that up in their computers which keep in mine in lets say 80 years will be different than the ones we use today, then that to me is more logical.

Edited by senseix, 11 April 2008 - 12:38 AM.

#13 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:16 AM

No where near one of the most intelligent. Probably way up there in regards to being a fast talker but intelligent.....not really but thanks for the kind words Senseix.

Jonano, in all seriousness, you have a pretty deluded view on things. As mentioned, your efforts are noble but flawed in many ways. I do understand the concept. I do respect your decision to hand your computer over to your child but urge you not to recreate. Not yet, at least. In the name of humanity.

#14 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:20 AM

LOL man, zoolander is one of the most intelligent people that i have met on this forum,

Dude, it's S-H-E-P-A-R-D. You people and your weird spelling...

#15 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:26 AM

Posted Image

#16 senseix

• 250 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:43 AM

No where near one of the most intelligent. Probably way up there in regards to being a fast talker but intelligent.....not really but thanks for the kind words Senseix.

Jonano, in all seriousness, you have a pretty deluded view on things. As mentioned, your efforts are noble but flawed in many ways. I do understand the concept. I do respect your decision to hand your computer over to your child but urge you not to recreate. Not yet, at least. In the name of humanity.

I must admit i am bias on my assumptions, for one, we both want to live longer, two we both keep in good shape, but the most important, we're both musicians:) I play lead guitar in a band, and backup sing, sometimes lead sing, produce and mix our music:P

#17 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:52 AM

Damn it! I need more people lie you living closer to me i.e. in Australia

#18 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:04 AM

kkkkkkkllljjjiiooo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kkkkkk

There. That's better. Just testing out and cleaning my keyboard. I spilt some grapefruit juice on the "k" key and it made the jkliop letters all sticky.

Now my computers in good working order. Wouldn't want the kid to inherit a bunge "o" key now would I

Edited by zoolander, 11 April 2008 - 02:11 AM.

#19 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:48 PM

Definitely... do not pass on your computer if you've done anything to make the keyboard sticky or "unclean" :p

#20 caston

• 2,141 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:00 PM

Yes Jonano. You need to take a good look at your postings then. We should create a forum for you and caston so that you can both throw zanny ideas around willy nilly.

Can I have my own island too?

#21 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 06:10 AM

Ok, Jonano is serious--and when someone jokes back with you, you can tell they can handle it.

About his topic, yeah--I love the net, and what it can leave to my children. I've had hard drives and lost pictures, writings--many irreplaceable non backed up items. My email, has been stable for a decade--but I expect even it could end, my ImmInst posting, just about anything. I also know my kids wouldn't spend that much time reading over my life anyway :~ I don't think anyone would really care to look at my email, unless I happened to become famous in some way--realistically. Even the famous learn that the public forgets you over time, I'm happy just being alive each day--and enjoying my time with my children.

If they saw the naked animal pics on my computer, I'd have some human sexuality to explain :~ but any of that gets deleted in a quite non-traceable manner :)

Jonano, please don't call people stupid or get upset if they are just teasing :) (your kids could read your posts someday :~ ) and Zoolander is one of the funniest humans I think I've ever encountered (loved that CI joke--brilliant, have used 'over my cold frozen dead body' with my kids ever since reading it, and having to say no to something egregious ;) ) (and Shepard--and Caston--and FunkOdyssey! I love their posts, they bring smiles) All the humans that participate in the Immortality community are fascinating in their own regards! I learn things here, every day... but my computer is not my life, it is my relaxation 'hobby'.

#22 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 06:11 AM

LOL man, ImmInst members are some of the most intelligent people that i have met on this planet

fixed :~

sponsored ad

• Advert

#23 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 06:33 AM

kkkkkkkllljjjiiooo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kkkkkk

There. That's better. Just testing out and cleaning my keyboard. I spilt some grapefruit juice on the "k" key and it made the jkliop letters all sticky.

Now my computers in good working order. Wouldn't want the kid to inherit a bunge "o" key now would I

Are you sure it was grapefruit juice?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users