Photo
- - - - -

beginner question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 renderwander

• 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 03:47 PM

Yesterday i got the following things: L-glutamine, adrafinil, piracetam, gh3, and hydergine.

Yesterday i took 2 adrafinil at 12:00 and at 14:00 2 more of them in combination with l-gluta. The initial dose made me feel very well and really helped me concentrating. The 2 pills that i took after this didn´t change anything in my perception. I thought that it would be a good idea to start at a high dose in order to get more sensitive to the substance.

At 5 o´clock i took one piracetam and suddenly i became VERY well mooded.

From 19:00 to midnight i drank 2 liters of beer.

And then i couldn´t sleep anymore. The blood boomed in my head, my eyes were turning around, combined with some headdache. Thoughts were out of control but i just wanted to sleep because i was very very tired. I didn´t sleep until i took some BIG dosage of ghb at 4 AM.

Today i woke having vivid dreams and i´m still tired. I took one pira but haven´t noticed a change.

I´ve read some articles on this board and dodages very a lot from one person to another. Now i don´t know whether to take some 4.800 mg/day of piracetam over the next 5 days or not because I don´t want this to happen again. Maybe it´s because of the adrafinil, because today i´ve taken 4 piracetam and i don´t notice any effect. Is that normal at the beginning?

How should i go on in the next days with those things i have???

I do this (beside therapy) for self medication and can´t talk to a doctor. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 staz

• 58 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 04:45 AM

May I add a question, can using alcohol together with nootropics be extra dangerous in comparison to using alcohol by it's own, or would there only be benefits with the combination even though alcohol obviously acts stronger (and faster?) when combined with some types of nootropics (or all types, I don't know)

Am I correct in saying that combinating alcohol with a proper (for the cause) nootropic would be able to, for the one seeking a slight alcohol intoxication, save money which would otherwise have been spent on additional drinks to reach that prefered level of intoxication? While at the same time not adding or enlarging any downsides, sideeffects & damage to the body, other than the ones allready existing with the ingestion of alcohol.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 srmann

• 26 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 09:26 PM

Whats the point in taking Noots if you degrade then with beer or whatever to excess. A little is ok to smooth but otherwise your wasting money. Just my OP.

#4 renderwander

• Topic Starter
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 01:36 AM

srrman, i got your point and the same could apply to a bodybuilder that likes to drink some beers after the training. but come down from this point. i need nootropics for a normal living and not to be able to live as long as possible. excuse my english, but does alcohol necessaraly mean that i don´t give attention about my well being?

#5 nefastor

• 304 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 07:35 AM

Given that alcohol sends people's cars (and them inside) against trees, walls or other people, I'd say yes, alcohol means you don't give attention to your well being.

I'm new to noots (haven't taked any yet) but I can easily guess that while they improve the way your brain works, they also improve the absorption and effects of alcohol. When you get more sensible, you're more sensible to the good AND the bad.

Alcohol being a neurotoxic I oppose it, but even I like to drink from time to time. After all, if I'll die someday what's the point of taking all my neurons to the grave ? And if I become immortal, mild neurotoxics like won't be an issue anymore.

About using noots for saving money on booze... I guess it depends on the relative costs of booze and noots. In the countries I lived (like Scotland) few things are cheaper than booze, especially when it's Happy Hour.

Jean

#6 staz

• 58 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 07:12 PM

Given that alcohol sends people's cars (and them inside) against trees, walls or other people, I'd say yes, alcohol means you don't give attention to your well being.

I'm new to noots (haven't taked any yet) but I can easily guess that while they improve the way your brain works, they also improve the absorption and effects of alcohol. When you get more sensible, you're more sensible to the good AND the bad.

Alcohol being a neurotoxic I oppose it, but even I like to drink from time to time. After all, if I'll die someday what's the point of taking all my neurons to the grave ? And if I become immortal, mild neurotoxics like won't be an issue anymore.

About using noots for saving money on booze... I guess it depends on the relative costs of booze and noots. In the countries I lived (like Scotland) few things are cheaper than booze, especially when it's Happy Hour.

Jean

I'm not sure about that with the good and the bad. Actually, I asked LifeMirage something similar before, and I got a reply suggesting that it improves the good and reduces the bad, thereby my follow up question. LifeMirage said that the nootropic would have protective properties toward the brain while it increased the compound effects..
I'll just wait a while to see what he has to say about it.. interesting nevertheless.

It's not only interesting from the aspect of saving money btw. Sure, in the long run it will probably be able to safe people plenty of money, atleast where the alcohol is expensive, considering that instead of i.e. 4 beers to get into a prefered state, 1 beer would do the job. But it's also interesting from the point of view that a dose of a nootropic combined with some alcohol might have less damaging impact than a few extra beers added and the nootropic removed. Also, for people sensitive to alcohol, like me.. I easily get headaches and feel crap the day after from very little alcohol (as little as less than about 2dl of 40%, and I weigh more than 70kg), it would be a nice thing to be able to drink little enough to be able to avoid (atleast some of) the side effects while still getting the desired buzz.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 10:51 AM

To renderwander:

Alcohol can be used without serious damage to your health (The French are a good example), but if used in large amounts daily or occasionally bad idea, I drink a few glasses red wine & occasionally beer (organic only) myself.

Note: Many can replace it with GHB (if you’re looking for a similar effect) if legally available in your country.

As far as Piracetam dosing you can take 4.8-9.6 grams throughout the day until effects are seen (I recommend at least 1 month with escalating doses to see the full effects.)

Adrafinil I would recommend taking in the morning.

You obviously care about your health and want to improve it.

To srmann & nefastor:

I agree with you many (if not most) people consume copious amounts of alcohol causing various health issues, it’s a personal choice to or not to drink (driving would of coarse be a stupid idea), but as long as you know the pros and cons and don’t drink to excess I see no problem. Taking nootropics is a smart idea for those who choose to drink as Staz has excellently stated, this would be similar to taking antiglycation agents (carnosine, benfotiamine, or pyridoxamine) when consuming heated foods to reduce AGEs damage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users