Photo
- - - - -

Best purely physical sunscreen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pseudo-princess

• 25 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:20 PM

While I usually apply sunscreen every hour or so, there are times when I can't do that; for example, when I'm in a 3 hour class or at work, and there's a lot of windows in the room. So I was wondering - what's the best physical sunscreen on the market? (I don't think I could attempt to make or modify one.)

Thanks in advance ;o)

#2 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:54 PM

It is a sunscreen that contains at least 20% ZnO (non-nano!)
Or TiO2 + ZnO totally min 22%.

If it is a proper sunscreen with efficient UVA protection it should be quite whitening on the skin after application.

Do you live in the US or EU?

In the US I think there is a brand called Badger with a physical block SPF50+ with 25% ZnO.

In the EU no European makers (Exept Pierre Fabre, but the ZnO containt is too little to give good enough protection and the sunscreen is too greasy); use ZnO only pure TiO2, which wont give you sufficient UVAI protection.
You can buy Clarins UV Plus SPF40 (formulated on silicone oil) and mix in 6g of ZnO, shake well, let it stand for 10h, shake it before using and you'll have an OK sunscreen.

While I usually apply sunscreen every hour or so, there are times when I can't do that; for example, when I'm in a 3 hour class or at work, and there's a lot of windows in the room. So I was wondering - what's the best physical sunscreen on the market? (I don't think I could attempt to make or modify one.)

Thanks in advance ;o)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 senseix

• 250 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:23 PM

If it is a proper sunscreen with efficient UVA protection it should be quite whitening on the skin after application.

In the US I think there is a brand called Badger with a physical block SPF50+ with 25% ZnO.

In the EU no European makers (Exept Pierre Fabre, but the ZnO containt is too little to give good enough protection and the sunscreen is too greasy); use ZnO only pure TiO2, which wont give you sufficient UVAI protection.
You can buy Clarins UV Plus SPF40 (formulated on silicone oil) and mix in 6g of ZnO, shake well, let it stand for 10h, shake it before using and you'll have an OK sunscreen.

Thanks in advance ;o)

I did a quick google search and didn't see the Badger SPF50+ with 25% ZnO do you have a link?

#4 pseudo-princess

• Topic Starter
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:07 AM

I'm in Canada (near enough to the US) ...I don't mind whitening, though obviously it's not ideal. I'll look into what you told me, thanks!

Thanks in advance :p

#5 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:25 PM

My mistake. It is SPF 30

http://www.cosmetics...t.p...1&best=1

http://www.cosmetics...h...&nothanks=1

I did a quick google search and didn't see the Badger SPF50+ with 25% ZnO do you have a link?

#6 senseix

• 250 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:25 PM

My mistake. It is SPF 30

http://www.cosmetics...t.p...1&best=1

http://www.cosmetics...h...&nothanks=1

Ok thanks for clearing that up:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users