- - - - -

Black Hair Dye

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Alpha-Frequency

• 96 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:06 AM

Greetings,

I have always dyed my hair black with an elite black hair dye that claims to be "organic". I have never had any problems with this product. However, everyone tells me "DON'T DYE YOUR HAIR BLACK- IT'S TERRIBLE FOR YOUR HEALTH"

I would like to know if anyone here has any suggestions of darkening one's hair with healthier, less abrasive methods.

Thanks!

#2 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:16 AM

Greetings,

I have always dyed my hair black with an elite black hair dye that claims to be "organic". I have never had any problems with this product. However, everyone tells me "DON'T DYE YOUR HAIR BLACK- IT'S TERRIBLE FOR YOUR HEALTH"

I would like to know if anyone here has any suggestions of darkening one's hair with healthier, less abrasive methods.

Thanks!

Bleaching your hair with hydrogen peroxide and several other harsh chemicals is tough on your hair. Black hair dye, beside being impossible to get rid of if it's permanent I've not heard of as unhealthy.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:58 AM

You can type in the individual ingredients listed on the box, one at a time to look up any studies on them to see if anything is implicated as being a carcinogen for instance.

#4 spacey

• 241 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:23 AM

You can type in the individual ingredients listed on the box, one at a time to look up any studies on them to see if anything is implicated as being a carcinogen for instance.

I don't believe there's anything such as "hair cancer"..

#5 Alpha-Frequency

• Topic Starter
  • 96 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:03 PM

Thank you guys for your informative responses- it turns out the stuff I use is essentailly harmless. I think my doctors/family were talking about cheap hair dyes ("nice and destructive")- these ones anyone should seriously watch out for.
Cheers

#6 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:54 AM

I don't believe there's anything such as "hair cancer"..

scalp *sigh*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users