Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Thoughts on Ortho-Mind

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 NickCallaway

• 54 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:09 PM

I'm considering the AOR's Ortho-mind stack. Does anyone have any thoughts regarding this product? If I purchase the product, I was planning on using it not more than 1 or 2 days per week as a boost to a more regular regimen of oxi- and piractam (with CDP-choline).

Do I need to take this product every day to experience its effects, or does it yield an immediate result?

Thanks for your time.

Nick

#2 Zoroaster

• 349 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:41 PM

I'm considering the AOR's Ortho-mind stack. Does anyone have any thoughts regarding this product? If I purchase the product, I was planning on using it not more than 1 or 2 days per week as a boost to a more regular regimen of oxi- and piractam (with CDP-choline).

Do I need to take this product every day to experience its effects, or does it yield an immediate result?

Thanks for your time.

Nick

Serving Size: 6 Capsules %DRI
R(+)-lipoic acid ............... 100 mg *
Huperzine-A (from 20 mg Huperzia serrata 0.5%) 100 mcg *
Vinpocetine 15 mg *
Bacopa monniera extract(50% baccosides A&B) 300 mg *
Ginkgo biloba extract. 100 mg *
(24% ginkgoflavone glycosides, 6% terpene lactones)
Cytidine diphosphate choline .. 500 mg *
Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCl. 1500 mg *
L-Pyroglutamic Acid.... 1500 mg *
Pantothenic acid.... 500 mg 10000%
*Dietary Reference Intake not established.
Other ingredients: magnesium stearate. Capsule: vegetarian (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose).

Ive never taken it but honestly it looks pretty lame to me. Pantothenic acid? Tons of L-Pyroglutamic Acid? Low quality ingredients. You can buy way higher quality ingredients seperately and cap them yourself for less than half the price. Literally, WAY better quality for less than HALF the price. That's what I'm doing right now. Plus you can fit it all in like three caps. I don't know why it takes them 6. Must be a lot of filler in there.

And just to reiterate $50 for 30 days worth? What the hell?

A lot of people like it. But then again there are a lot of people on these boards willing to spend all their disposable income on supplements. So I guess it depends on how much money you're willing to throw at this stuff.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 Alpha-Frequency

• 96 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:39 AM

I used it for a while.

I generally thought it was O.K- EXCEPT for the BACOPA.

I REALLY wish they didn't put Bacopa in this because Bacopa is a sedative, when I took this in the morning it made me sleepy.

I prefer to take Bacopa at night. Throughout the day I need a Ketogenic Diet, lot's of excercise and caffeine.

#4 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:59 AM

Vinpocetine 15 mg *

Ive never taken it but honestly it looks pretty lame to me. Pantothenic acid? Tons of L-Pyroglutamic Acid? Low quality ingredients. You can buy way higher quality ingredients seperately and cap them yourself for less than half the price. Literally, WAY better quality for less than HALF the price. That's what I'm doing right now. Plus you can fit it all in like three caps. I don't know why it takes them 6. Must be a lot of filler in there.

Just because you don't agree with the choice of compounds doesn't mean that they're low quality. I'm sure the quality is up to the usual level of AOR. There's four and a half grams of stuff in a dose, so if you get it in three caps, you're going to have to use really big ones. Fifty bucks a month? Yeah, AOR is expensive. In some cases I would say overpriced. I don't use much AOR stuff for that reason. If money was no object, I would use more, because they make some great products.

#5 wootwoot

• 112 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:02 AM

Pure garbage. You might as well eat a sugar pill. I tried these and they did nothing.

#6 Ghostrider

• 1,996 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:52 AM

Pure garbage. You might as well eat a sugar pill. I tried these and they did nothing.

I tried it, but I was not looking for an acute cognitive boost. I took it for neuroprotection and brain health...in which case I was better off wish fish oil alone.

#7 Zoroaster

• 349 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:06 AM

Just because you don't agree with the choice of compounds doesn't mean that they're low quality. I'm sure the quality is up to the usual level of AOR. There's four and a half grams of stuff in a dose, so if you get it in three caps, you're going to have to use really big ones. Fifty bucks a month? Yeah, AOR is expensive. In some cases I would say overpriced. I don't use much AOR stuff for that reason. If money was no object, I would use more, because they make some great products.

I should clarify. I don't mean that they're contaminated or anything. I'm sure the pantothenic acid is quality pantothenic acid. And I'm sure the Pyroglutamic acid is pure and all. Its just that pyroglutamic acid is just a weaksauce version of piracetam and pantothenic acid does nothing for your cognition at all. I'm just saying these are low-end nootropics by any standard, and Ortho-Mind includes two full grams of them!

#8 NickCallaway

• Topic Starter
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:23 PM

Thanks for the words, guys. Appreciate the cander. I think I'll pass on this product.. probably high-quality, but not worth it to me at that price point.

Nick

#9 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:52 PM

I should clarify. I don't mean that they're contaminated or anything. I'm sure the pantothenic acid is quality pantothenic acid. And I'm sure the Pyroglutamic acid is pure and all. Its just that pyroglutamic acid is just a weaksauce version of piracetam and pantothenic acid does nothing for your cognition at all. I'm just saying these are low-end nootropics by any standard, and Ortho-Mind includes two full grams of them!

Yeah, monster doses of pantothenic acid are relics from the dark ages. This review notes that pantothenic acid isn't even the limiting factor for CoA synthesis. To have a chance of having an effect you have to take pantethine.

#10 johnyq

• 15 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 03:04 PM

Vinpocetine 15 mg *

They have a new version "1.0". Looks like the only thing that has changed is the pantothenic acid to d-calcium pantothenate

R(+)-lipoic acid ................................................................ 100 mg
Huperzine-A (from 20 mg Huperzia serrata 0.5%) ................. 100 mcg
Vinpocetine ...................................................................... 15 mg
Bacopa monniera extract(50% baccosides A&B) ..................... 300 mg
Ginkgo biloba extract
(24% ginkgoflavone glycosides, 6% terpene lactones) ......... 100 mg
Cytidine diphosphate choline .............................................. 500 mg
L-Pyroglutamic Acid ........................................................ 1500 mg
D-calcium pantothenate .................................................... 500 mg

I started taking it after becoming interested in vinpocetine. I notice a heightened sense, almost like a caffeine kick w/o the stimulant feel.

What would be an alternative product to this, without going through the hassle of dosing everything separately?

Edited by johnyq, 17 June 2008 - 03:09 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#11 Zoroaster

• 349 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:06 PM

Vinpocetine 15 mg *

They have a new version "1.0". Looks like the only thing that has changed is the pantothenic acid to d-calcium pantothenate

R(+)-lipoic acid ................................................................ 100 mg
Huperzine-A (from 20 mg Huperzia serrata 0.5%) ................. 100 mcg
Vinpocetine ...................................................................... 15 mg
Bacopa monniera extract(50% baccosides A&B) ..................... 300 mg
Ginkgo biloba extract
(24% ginkgoflavone glycosides, 6% terpene lactones) ......... 100 mg
Cytidine diphosphate choline .............................................. 500 mg
L-Pyroglutamic Acid ........................................................ 1500 mg
D-calcium pantothenate .................................................... 500 mg

I started taking it after becoming interested in vinpocetine. I notice a heightened sense, almost like a caffeine kick w/o the stimulant feel.

What would be an alternative product to this, without going through the hassle of dosing everything separately?

Buy bulk powders, mix them, and cap it yourself. It takes a while but if you make a lot at once you only have to do it every few months and it ends up being a lot cheaper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users