• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Maria de Jesus (114)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:41 PM

Just wanted to post some recently taken photos of Maria de Jesus in Portugal. These photos were taken recently when she was 114 years and 265 days old............... She is apparently lucid and is in very good health except for the fact that she can't walk longer distances due to muscle weakness in her legs....Her daughter (who stands next to her in the last picture) is 84 herself...
I wonder what her secret is..........

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(edited by Matthias: data added to the title)

Edited by Matthias, 05 July 2008 - 11:02 AM.

#2 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:54 PM

Were you there to take the pics or get them from somewhere else? It would have been cool to see her in person is why I ask.

Edited by Live Forever, 11 June 2008 - 11:54 PM.

#3 VictorBjoerk

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:05 AM

No I wasn't there, Yes I would like to see her in person too. It's quite hard to understand that she was born in 1893............

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:11 AM

Wow and she is pretty overweight, no wonder she can't walk. But its surprising to see that being overweight didn't have an effect on her.

#5 VictorBjoerk

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:21 AM

I think that extra fat may have been beneficial during her later years,many very old people get otherwise extremely frail and tend to be malnourished.
Her daughter appears quite well for being 84 too however although not being overly thin.

#6 VictorBjoerk

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:59 AM

she actually looks quite healthy when you consider she's among the 25 oldest people in history, apparently she was living independently until only a few years ago...........

#7 VictorBjoerk

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:23 PM

Maria De Jesus on world's oldest people
in case anyone missed it

#8 VictorBjoerk

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:18 PM

Her daughter says that she still has good health and vitality and probably will celebrate her 115th birthday...........

#9 Jess

• 3 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:41 PM

Ok, she's 114 years old and yeah, she looks about that old. I'm sure she feels that old too. Does it matter, really? Who wants to be 114 and have an old body like that?

She looks like the sweetest gal, but at 114 years old....that's about all you can be! My grandfather was an ornary guy all his life....when he was an old person...and lived to be about 108 years old....he was a sweet man.

As the body ages and weakens....so does the pretentiousness....facade to "not be hurt" mechanism of become nice. A psychological attribute innate in humans, much like a baby is "cute" as hell...even if some are ugly little buggers, they will exsude this "cuteness" about them "why"....to "survive"

but what, in essence is surviving?

million dollar immortality contract....ever hear of that?

#10 VictorBjoerk

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:40 PM

If I could reach her age the year will be 2105 and I think it's a good chance that the field of anti-aging has advanced a lot so you can get rejuvenated by then. When someone reaches Maria's age their extra years consists mainly of youth and not more years in a nursing home. Maria was living independently until only a few years ago as I've mentioned in a post......
No she doesn't "look 114",she is in comparable shape of many 85 year old people who have lived on their own until 80 or so.....

Face the truth,of course it's sad that she looks old and sits in a wheelchair..But it is a lot better to reach that degenerated physical condition dependent on other people at 110+ than 80 which a lot of people do.

Edited by Shonghow, 17 June 2008 - 11:42 PM.

#11 VictorBjoerk

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:07 PM

If I could reach her age the year will be 2105 and I think it's a good chance that the field of anti-aging has advanced a lot so you can get rejuvenated by then. When someone reaches Maria's age their extra years consists mainly of youth and not more years in a nursing home. Maria was living independently until only a few years ago as I've mentioned in a post......
No she doesn't "look 114",she is in comparable shape of many 85 year old people who have lived on their own until 80 or so.....

Face the truth,of course it's sad that she looks old and sits in a wheelchair..But it is a lot better to reach that degenerated physical condition dependent on other people at 110+ than 80 which a lot of people do.

Right now Maria entered her 115th birthday and became the 21th human in the world history to doubtless reach 115.

I wonder if there will be a lot of media attention or if she is too frail for that.Let's see in the next 12 hours or so...

#12 VictorBjoerk

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:17 PM

Imminst maybe could gather attention through sending greeting cards to extraordinary old people....Just an idea that popped up in my head...

#13 VictorBjoerk

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:13 PM

Maria de Jesus has celebrated her 115th birthday with relatives, she is said to still be in very good health according to her daughter but her hearing is bad. The mayor of the local town has given her flowers. She says her longevity is due to healthy food.

Some more info may arrive soon...

#14 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:37 PM

I'd rather die earlier than to live and die in her condition, but if living through such a condition helped to achieve escape velocity then why not. I guess there's no choice, but no wonder that most people don't want to support life extension, because they think they'll end like frail cenetarians. Luckily that's not what life extension is about.

#15 VictorBjoerk

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:27 PM

Posted Image

This is a picture of her from her 115th birthday party yesterday...

#16 VictorBjoerk

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:29 PM

http://www.omirante....;Action=noticia

Movie from her 115th birthday party yesterday....

#17 VictorBjoerk

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:05 AM

And now she is the oldest living human in the world. :~

However as I've read she has deteriorated since this spring. I expect reporters probably will crowd in her house now...

Edited by VictorBjoerk, 28 November 2008 - 12:06 AM.

#18 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:33 PM

And now she is the oldest living human in the world. :~

However as I've read she has deteriorated since this spring. I expect reporters probably will crowd in her house now...

yeah oldest , since parker died. all the reporters crowding in , all that attention, good or bad? some old ppl keep on b/c they're expected to, some get tired from all the interviewing and reporters chattering

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users