• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Q Re: C E+Ferulic appearance/smell ~ Fredrik?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mia K.

• 176 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:47 AM

So... I purchased six trial/travel bottles of the SkinCeuticals C E+Ferulic serum from EBay. Thanks for the suggestion, Fredrick. :)

Received them yesterday, promptly and in good order, and now have some questions before I put this stuff on my face:

1) What color is the serum supposed to be? Mine are a transparent very light amber. Is this oxidized? Should it be clear if fresh?

2) Mine have a rather herbaceous smell - certainly nothing like "hotdogs." (Albeit it's been a while since I've smelled a hotdog - doesn't really fit into my CR - but I 'd recognize that smell.) Is this a good thing, or a red flag?

There's no date of manufacture nor expiry on the box or vials...so I guess I question whether this deal is too good to be true. ($22.US)

Any and all thoughts are most welcome!

Kind regards,
Mia

Edited by Mia K., 07 July 2008 - 12:48 AM.

#2 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 01:00 AM

So... I purchased six trial/travel bottles of the SkinCeuticals C E+Ferulic serum from EBay. Thanks for the suggestion, Fredrick. :)

Received them yesterday, promptly and in good order, and now have some questions before I put this stuff on my face:

1) What color is the serum supposed to be? Mine are a transparent very light amber. Is this oxidized? Should it be clear if fresh?

2) Mine have a rather herbaceous smell - certainly nothing like "hotdogs." (Albeit it's been a while since I've smelled a hotdog - doesn't really fit into my CR - but I 'd recognize that smell.) Is this a good thing, or a red flag?

There's no date of manufacture nor expiry on the box or vials...so I guess I question whether this deal is too good to be true. ($22.US)

Kind regards,
Mia

I can't comment with any facts on the oxidisation, but my serum looks a very light amber also. Mine was 100% hotdog however. Like you, I don't eat 'em but I know the smell - my box also had no expiry date....I imagine this has to do with the 'not for resale' nature of the samples. Not a big help, but besides the herbaceous smell issue I think most people are experiencing the same as you with their C+E+ferulic.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Fredrik

• 570 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:26 AM

Kind regards,
Mia

Mitkat is absolutely right, the color should be champagne/very light amber. Not dark. I think it smell metallic, but we all can agree that it has a distinct aroma.

It´s the real deal.

#4 Mia K.

• Topic Starter
  • 176 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:23 PM

Thanks for the quick reassurances, mitkat and Fredrik (sorry to mave misspelled your name - mea typo).

Re the smell: I put a drop on the back of my hands last night; my husband and I came to the Eureka! that the serum smells like cloves. Not at all offensive.

I really appreciate all the helpful information so generously shared on this forum. And, ain't ebay grand? :)

Cheers,
M.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users