• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Christians/Conservatives/Republicans: Immortalists

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vote_for_bush

• 5 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 04:16 PM

The religious Right-wing Conservative Christian Republican Compassionate Conspiracy is all about eternal life
John 3: 16 (that's the verse you see at sporting events)
The Bible kept the idea of immortality alive.
Therefore athiest left-wing liberal anti-christian demoncratic spoiled-brat communism is suicidal.
This is what the liberal really are. (homosexuality + contraconception + abortion + euthanasia = Anti-Humanity)
You think Howard Dean and his pets at the ACLU are going to save the world?
http://traditionalva...article&sid=207
Now maybe you see why I, as a priest (representative of God), am telling YOU to vote for Bush or burn in Hell.

Don't be fooled by the anything but conservative "neo-cons" that agree with anti-Christian humanists
instead of Christian transhumanists that pray for a "glorified body" "and life everlasting. Amen".;
since a rose by any other name smells like rose,
neo-cons smell like a liberal magician using misdirection to play for the young and stupid psuedo-con vote.
What Conservatives think of "neo-cons"... (2nd link from the google search: "neo-cons are")

...but the question is,
why would someone so smart as to be on this fine Pro-Life website
rebel against (and I dare say, define himself by his opposition to) Christianity, which protects and cherishes our lives so dear,
I'll tell you why...
The Book of John: Chapter 3
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world;
but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already,
because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Here's somethin for the kiddies that love them new-fangled movin hypno-picture thingies.

Edited by vote_for_bush, 14 November 2003 - 05:27 PM.

#2 Cyto

• 1,096 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 06:01 PM

Now maybe you see why I, as a priest (representative of God), am telling YOU to vote for Bush or burn in Hell.

Ummm, no.

The Bible didn't keep the idea of Immortality alive. We have plenty of other religions which also give the idea that there are gods and goddesses that we can't see but can live forever. I personally was interested in Zeus (et al) and druid creatures when I thought about immortality. But then we started to double and triple lifespans of mice, C. elegans etc so I didn't need the overly flamboyant examples anymore. (chuckle)

Homosexuals: These are fine people if we are to implement Life Extension methods, zero population gain.
Contraception: Preventing pregnancy this is a good thing for teens and people not ready. What do you think is bad about contraceptives?
Abortion: Well, women are goddesses in a sense. I may supply the sequences for a placenta to set up and encourage the parasitization of the mother but she gets to call the shots. I don't plan to procreate though.

Euthanasia - The putting to death, by painless method, of a terminally-ill or severely debilitated person through the omission (intentionally withholding a life-saving medical procedure, also known as "passive euthanasia") or commission of an act ("active euthanasia'). See also living will.

What are you talking about? We are the ones that want 'X' whatever to completely regenerate a person who has occured damage.

I contend that we are pro-long life (exactly what immortality is) by making sure our population doesn't explode anymore then it already has. And why procreate when "you can be your own legacy?" :))

Edited by CarboniX, 14 November 2003 - 06:21 PM.

#3 JonesGuy

• 1,183 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 01:36 AM

Ah, I think you're putting too much stock in population. The truth is, that a man can be augmented by a machine. Think about railway creation. What's the saying? A chinaman died for every mile of the railway. That's a LOT of peopel working on the project. Nowadays, much fewer people are needed because of tractors, bulldozers, jackhammers, etc.

So, a country is no longer as strong as it's size. It's more related to how advanced their technology is.

But, that's unrelated to the issue.

I would agree that this site is awfully pro-life - considering one of the goals is to bring 'dead' (cryoginically frozen) people back to life. We DO disagree on what life is, granted (for example, you and I are on different sides of the cloning debate), but you'll find that we all agree that all sentient, conscious life has rights. (at the cellular level, we disagree, but that's fair).

#4 JonesGuy

• 1,183 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 01:39 AM

Oh, and please stop telling people they are going to 'burn in hell'. It might be religious conviction for you, but it kinda comes across as a threat. As well, frantic dialogue does little to help your attempts to convert us. We have many here who are willing to debate a well-contructed religion (in fact, they kinda enjoy it!), but giving us statements which come across as absolutes ("you WILL burn in hell!") when they are not obviously so is not sound debating technique.

#5 kevin

• Member, Guardian
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 02:57 AM

vote_for_bush:

Please refrain from attacking the members. It isn't pretty and will surely make your debating partners more than a little hesitant to discuss anything with you.

I'm sure Carbonix's feelings are quite intact however, engaging in name calling and other ad hominem attacks is contrary to the rules of interaction here at ImmInst, so regardless of your convictions, you will tone it down.

#6 Bruce Klein

• Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 03:00 AM

vote for bush, please refer to the following:

http://www.imminst.o.../guidelines.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users