Photo
- - - - -

sauna and skin health

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 frederickson

• 281 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:49 AM

really no research on the subject, but was curious what the knowledgable posters here think about sauna and skin health...

PROS:

the intense sweating would seemingly rid the skin (and the rest of the body) of toxins.

i read somewhere about potential stimulation of collagen synthesis in very hot temperatures.

anecdotally, my skin feels smoother after i sit in the sauna.

CONS:

perhaps the heat may be too high, and do some kind of damage?

though i don't think this would be a huge deal, i imagine the facial muscles would tense under the duress of such heat.

i tend to do the eastern european "hot/cold" routine of 15 minutes in the sauna, 5 minutes cold shower, and repeat. while it is pretty intense and not for everyone, this feels nearly orgasmic afterwards! other than swings in blood pressure, i wonder if this type of regimen would have any different effects on skin health as well?

Edited by frederickson, 09 July 2008 - 05:49 AM.

#2 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:44 AM

I know one thing, using a sauna after training increases the release of testosterone and growth hormone.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 davpet

• 42 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:33 AM

I know one thing, using a sauna after training increases the release of testosterone and growth hormone.

I'd love to see the studies that back that up. Do you have the link ?

Thanks

#4 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:03 AM

I'd love to see the studies that back that up. Do you have the link ?

Thanks

http://www.springerl...r3x15w1n713366/

Edited by Ben - Aus, 09 July 2008 - 10:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users