* * * * * 1 votes

Cryonet and Cold Filter

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#1 thefirstimmortal

• Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:27 AM

I have to do some posting in these sites. Actually, I have already started. This will further take time away from my posting here, but cryonet is the cryonics posting site where the fall back plan if for some reason we fail at beating the cancer is taking place. I will repost the material here in case anyone wants to view this material.

#2 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:29 AM

Cold Filter
URGENT SITUATION View Entire Thread - david pizer on Jul 16, 2008, 12:23 AM

NOTICE OF URGENT SITUATION

I am writing you to ask for your help for a member of the cryonics community, William O’Rights. William has been involved in the cryonics movement for almost 20 years and has written extensively about cryonics subjects which you can find on the website of The Immortality Institute.

William has been diagnosed with extensive small cell lung cancer that has now spread to his left leg bone and right arm, his spine and lymph nodes. His doctor says he is currently undergoing chemotherapy and radiation treatment but small cell lung cancer carries a mean prognosis of approximately 6 to 8 months life expectancy.

Some of the things William has helped the cryonics movement with are efforts to stop the Arizona legislation against Alcor several years ago.

William was not able to get his suspension funded at CI before he came down with this terrible illness and now with time running out, he needs our help if he is to get a cryonics suspension.

The Society for Venturism is a 501c3 approved nonprofit organization that has helped raise money for cryoncists in the past for their suspension costs. We are now starting a fund raising campaign to raise money to pay for William’s suspension. The amount of money needed will be $28,000 to pay CI’s costs and $2,000 for mortician and transport fees, for a total of $30,000.

I am hoping you will want to help and you will send us a tax deductible check to help with this project. If you want to help please make your check out to “The Society for Venturism” and mail it to us at 11255 State Route 69, Mayer Arizona, 86333. I will deposit all contributions in the Venturist account to be used to pay expenses when the suspension takes place. If the suspension does not get done for any reason, all contributions will be returned. I will keep the community up to date on how the campaign is going along the way.

William is a Libertarian. If he is revived from suspension in the future here is what he hopes for:
“My hope for the future is that somewhere in our universe there will exists a civilization whose inhabitants will possess sole dominion over their own lives, where every individual will have the ability to recognize and the courage to acknowledge reality, and where governments as we know them do not exist.”

This is your chance to do something meaningful in the cryonics community, to help one of our own who is in trouble.

Best regards to all,

David Pizer, President,
The Society for Venturism

#3 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:30 AM

Cold Filter
Facebook
July 16 2008 at 4:49 PM Jimmy (Login Jimmy_Adams)

Response to URGENT SITUATION

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can I have permission to cut and paste your post to my "wall" at Facebook?

I will be sending a check for $300.00 like I did last year for Marce Johnson. I think it is important to help.

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 05 August 2008 - 03:31 AM.

#4 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:03 AM

Cold Filter
Maybe Not the Whole Situation
July 18 2008 at 1:26 AM Finance Department (Login Finance_Department)
Veteran Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someplace else somebody said we should look at Mr. O'Rights' posts on the imminist.org forum, for more information on this.

I seldom go there, for obvious reasons, but I did this time, looking for more information.

I had already googled "william o'rights" and gotten information on his drug bust, change of name, etc. I found myself wondering why anyone with a serious interest in cryonics and who wants to take such risks in the real world, would not prefund his cryonics arrangements first, knowing full well he could be arrested and lose every penny he has getting out of the mess. And now he wants donations?

And I have to wonder about those who made posts requesting these donations, as to why they are not telling the full story.

On imminst.org, after I finally found what I think was the right thread (yes it can happen on a N54!) I found him chatting vigorously about his situation, until somebody with the handle "wayside" posted some legitimate questions about 4 days ago which seems to have stopped any further posts from O'Rights. I hope that it is not that he does not want to reply to it. Here is the post. Those of you with accounts on imminst.org might want to follow up on it there, unless you want to here.
-----------------

wayside
Rating: 5
post 14-Jul 2008, 02:41 PM
Post #30
13-Feb 2007 Posts: 246
Boston, MA

I'm struck by the contradictions in this thread.

On the one hand, you claim to be seeking immortality for your physical self, you have a lifetime membership here, you seem to have a lot of knowledge about supplements, you're plugged into the life extension movement to the extent that people are trying to raise money for you, and what-not.

Yet...

You engage in incredibly risky actions. You rode a motorcycle (35x the death rate per vehicle mile as cars) which in fact almost killed you. You are doing drugs or worse (3 1/2 years for simple possession? There is more to this story I think) which landed you in jail, which is a dangerous place and may ultimately kill you.

And now you are back on the bike.

And this is only the stuff you've told us about.

So I'm curious - how do you reconcile your desire to live forever with your fragrantly dangerous behavior?

#5 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:05 AM

Cold Filter
is this sad or what?
July 18 2008 at 10:27 AM unperson (Login unperson)

Response to Maybe Not the Whole Situation

what is so jarring about this story is that he IS a libertarian, which preaches against collectivism. But because of his own bad decisions, he is asking the cryonics community to make up for his mistakes.

I am no longer a libertarian. I realize that man is a creature of community. One huge problem with cryonics is that cryonicists do not realize the importance of community.

Embrace the community of man, including religion, and we would make a lot more progress.

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 05 August 2008 - 05:08 AM.

#6 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:09 AM

Cold Filter
Re: is this sad or what?
July 22 2008 at 12:32 PM ShannonVyff (Login shannonvyff)
Veteran Member

Response to is this sad or what?

I've found that ironic as well, his libertarian stance and his circumstances now. I agree though, that we need more community-and that he has contributed in the past-even given large amounts of money to ImmInst. He says he was working out details of his contract with CI when he was arrested.

Cold Filter
July 24 2008 at 1:27 AM David Pizer (no login)

Perhas the answer is that we are a community of libertarians?

Best regards,

David

#7 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:11 AM

Cold Filter
July 24 2008 at 1:27 AM David Pizer (no login)

Perhas the answer is that we are a community of libertarians?

Best regards,

David

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 05 August 2008 - 05:12 AM.

#8 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:14 AM

Cold Filter
maybe not the whole situation...
July 22 2008 at 1:35 PM ShannonVyff (Login shannonvyff)
Veteran Member

Hello, William was gone for 4 days-from PM and posting at ImmInst.

But, yes he has commented on the contradictions before.

Some cryonicists engage in risky behavior. William O' Rights has helped cryonics in the past, and is a CI member, he didn't get funded since he was in the processes of working out his contract when the arrest and seizure of his assets occurred. I'm not sure if there is more to the story or not, some states are harder on simple possession than others--and it can be a nice source of income...

Anyone donating to him could have their money given to Marce if not enough is raised of course--and he is not asking people at ImmInst to donate to the Venturist fund, because he is asking people there to give money to him to fight the cancer with supplements, he intends to pay back anyone that gives him money for supplements -if he beats this cancer.

He has donated money to ImmInst before, was a major sponsor of the last conference for instance--in addition to the advocacy he has done for cryonics.

Anyway, we as cryonicists should help others in our community. This not only shows that we have community, but helps our community to also grow.

#9 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:15 AM

Cold Filter
Re: Maybe Not the Whole Situation
July 24 2008 at 1:26 AM David Pizer (no login)

yes Mr. O'Rights has made some mistakes. And I think it is good to mention them in hopes of helping other to keep from making the same ones.

one of the things I always tell people who say they are going to get signed up some day in the future, is not to wait. You never know what might happen to wipe out your money, your job, of cause you to be unable to buy life insurance.

But from what I have learned from Mr O'Rights is that he is the kind of person that would admit he made mistakes and tell you not to do some of the things he has done.

He doesn't try to hide his mistakes or deny them.

He is a decent person who is one of us at heart and has been for a long time. When he did have a little money he shared it with the cryonics community years ago, and made some generous donations.

Perhaps it would have been better for him if he had bought a one pay life insurance policy back then with the money he has contributed and then he would be better off and the movement would be just a little less well off.

Who knows?

I think the nice thing about this (if there is a nice thing)is that the cryoncis community is not that judgemental, they see a fellow cryonicists, a fellow human that thinks like they do, and they want to try to help save him.

So far we have now raised about $2,000 in the bank, and others are talking about sending in a contribution.

I think that says a lot about us.

David

#10 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:16 AM

Cold Filter
providing information before asking for money
July 18 2008 at 6:35 PM undertoad (Login under_toad)
Veteran Member

This kind of appeal doesn't work for me. I find this description lacking in the kind of information I would want to have in order to make an informed decision as to whether or not people should give money to this guy. Not questioning his integrity, but if he's such a cryonics supporter, how come he hasn't been signed up for years? Why wasn't he "able to get his suspension funded at CI?"

I'm not saying that there aren't cases where helping out, even to the
extent of covering the entire cost at either CI or Alcor, is
warranted. Just saying that more information than "he's a good guy" is necessary before people are asked to part with their hard-earned money.

I am not interested in making up the slack for those who have known about and "supported" cryonics for years and yet never made provisions for their own cryopreservation at any point along the line. As Aschwin points out in this post, making arrangements as early as possible (and keeping them) is the best strategy a cryonicist can have.

#11 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:18 AM

Cold Filter
Re: providing information before asking for money
July 24 2008 at 1:29 AM David Pizer (no login)

Response to providing information before asking for money

You're right. He should have made arrangements many years ago, especially before he became terminal and lost the ability to get life insurance or to be able to work or earn money.

He admits it. He encourages others not to make the same mistakes he did.

Should we give him the death penalty for that?

David

#12 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:20 AM

Cold Filter
July 19 2008 at 12:55 AM Cryonaut1520 (no login)

50lbs pot makes you a dealer

#13 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:22 AM

Cold Filter

O.K. I Didn't know
July 20 2008 at 3:28 PM Jimmy (Login Jimmy_Adams)

Response to William (Bill) O'Rights

Wow, I didn't know this! No wonder there is nothing about this on cryonet and no one is taking up his cause at Imminst. He is a lifetime member so I thought that they would be doing something but I don't see anything there to raise money.

That should have gave me a clue, but I missed it. Now what?

If your not going to do raise money for him, can I use the check that I mailed Friday, to join the Society of Venturist?

I'm not sure what to do now. So I will leave the judgement up to the Venturist.

I'm not posting anything on Facebook or at Imminst about this. I thought he went to jail for using drugs. I know a lot of people who used drugs. Is there a difference between a user and a dealer? It's the same to me. I can't use drugs, I had a medical problem and drugs would kill me, so I've always been clean. But I known people who used speed, Lake Shore Drive (LSD), smack, cocaine, white crystal. I can't even think of all the street names. They often came to my father's church and beg for food since they spent all their money on drugs.

How is the Marce Johnson case?

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 05 August 2008 - 05:24 AM.

#14 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:26 AM

Cold Filter
Thefirstimmortal
July 22 2008 at 10:45 PM thefirstimmortal (Login thefirstimmortal)

Response to Re: O.K. I Didn't know

I don't generally post in areas that do not recognize free speech and are subject to censorship.
"New member posts, and posts from old inactive members, may be subject to moderator approval before appearing."

"Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message."

But I would like to respond to everything posted here. If I can be assured that my post will not be censored or subject to prior restraint, I'll post. In the alternate, I will reconstruct this conversation over at Imminst in the freedom of speech forum.

Live Long and Well
William Constitution O'Rights

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 05 August 2008 - 05:27 AM.

#15 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:28 AM

Cold Filter
Response
July 24 2008 at 1:36 PM William O'Right (Login thefirstimmortal)

Finance Department writes
Someplace else somebody said we should look at Mr. O'Rights' posts on the imminist.org forum, for more information on this.

Thefirstimmortal writes
Out of curiosity, who might that person be?

I seldom go there, for obvious reasons,

Thefirstimmortal writes
Those reasons are not obvious to me, what are those reasons?

I had already googled "william o'rights" and gotten information on his drug bust, change of name, etc. I found myself wondering why anyone with a serious interest in cryonics and who wants to take such risks in the real world, would not prefund his cryonics arrangements first, knowing full well he could be arrested and lose every penny he has getting out of the mess. And now he wants donations?

Thefirstimmortal writes
These are all fair questions, and I had most of them answered and then we lost power for a few hours and I lost the data I had. Our power is back on and Carol has informed me that there are sever weather warnings. During the few hours we were without power I was reflecting upon your post, and it dawned on me. You really were not seeking answers to these questions, for surely if you were you would have found them in my posting at Imminst. If you didn’t have time to read through the postings, you could have just simple asked me these questions in a post at Imminst, or have sent a private message. Instead, you chose to post at coldfilter.

On imminst.org, after I finally found what I think was the right thread (yes it can happen on a N54!) I found him chatting vigorously about his situation, until somebody with the handle "wayside" posted some legitimate questions about 4 days ago which seems to have stopped any further posts from O'Rights. I hope that it is not that he does not want to reply to it. Here is the post. Those of you with accounts on imminst.org might want to follow up on it there, unless you want to here.

Thefirstimmortal writes
Let me address your false accusation.
Waysides post was 14-Jul 2008, 03:41 PM, I responded to his post the following morning15-Jul 2008, 10:07AM. Less than 24 hours, I would hardly characterize that as nonresponsive.
See http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=250843
Your post here was Jul 18, 2008, 1:26 AM, in other words, at the time you essentially accused of ducking the response to his post, I had already responded.
Live Long and Well

#16 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:57 AM

Cold Filter
Is it?
July 24 2008 at 3:37 PM William O'Right (Login thefirstimmortal)

Unperson wrote:
what is so jarring about this story is that he IS a libertarian, which preaches against collectivism.

I am no longer a libertarian. I realize that man is a creature of community. One huge problem with cryonics is that cryonicists do not realize the importance of community.

Thefirstimmortal writes:
I really don’t want to get drawn into too many conversations of the type. Not because they are not important, it’s just that if my doctors prognosis is correct, I will dead sometime this October. I simply have to use my remaining time as effectively as possible and I’m falling behind on my responses at Imminst.

But yes Unperson, I am a libertarian. As a libertarian I firmly believe in the right of individuals to live as they choose, to speak and worship freely, to own property, to engage in commerce, to be free from arbitrary arrest or detention. To come and go without permission, and without having to account for their motives and undertakings. As a libertarian I believe in liberty. Liberty itself is the right to make ones own choices.

Your absolutely correct about me as a libertarian preaching against collectivism, which is the political principle of centralized social and economic control. There are only two basic ways to organize society, coercively, through government dictates, or voluntarily, through the myriad interactions among free individuals. All the various "isms" including collectivism, monarchy, communism, conservatism, liberalism ...ect, all boil down to a single question Unperson. Who is going to make the decision about this particular aspect of your life, you or somebody else?

Do you spend the money you earn, or does government? Do you pick the school your child goes to, or does the school board? Do you decide what drugs to take when you're sick, or does the Food and Drug Administration in Washington?

In a libertarian society, you would make the choices about your life. In a collective society, someone else makes those choices. And because people naturally resist letting others make important choices for them, your vision of society is of necessity based on coercion.
Live Long and Well

#17 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:00 AM

Cold Filter

Return Check
July 24 2008 at 3:54 PM William O'Right (Login thefirstimmortal)

Response to Facebook

Jimmy Adams wrote:
I will be sending a check for $300.00 like I did last year for Marce Johnson. I think it is important to help.

Thefirstimmortal writes:
I thank you Jimmy. Jimmy, you made that offer prior to learning that I am a convicted felon, I won't think any less of you if you retract the offer. And, just in case you have already sent that check,I will ask Dave to return it. If you wish to resubmit great, but like I said, I'm all good if you don't wish to.
Live Long and Well Jimmy

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 05 August 2008 - 08:02 AM.

#18 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:03 AM

Cold Filter

Keep the check!
July 25 2008 at 4:33 AM Jimmy (Login Jimmy_Adams)

Response to Return Check

Some of my best friends in the past have done "jail time", one for speed (she was a beautiful blonde in California), or several guys I knew at the steel mill near Chicago for drugs, gangs, or even just alcohol abuse. (one for speeding with a 19 ft fishing boat in Lake Michigan with 10 foot waves and offered a cop a beer when he was writing the ticket, crazy!) Even here in Alabama at the chicken plant a lot of the people are working and go "home" to a cell at night for bad checks, drugs, DUI's etc. I don't think I know very many "normal" people. You did your time, for a drug (last dance with mary jane, you heard that song?) and it shouldn't even be illegal anyway. Is tobacco illegal? I'd seen an old black woman sitting in a wheelchair crying, "Oh please, give me a cigarette, oh please,please"...choking and spitting up yellow phlegm with blood in a nursing home where I worked in high school. (On the second floor, was the mental patients, who did my home work, and I got good grades!) So keep the check! I wish that I can give more, but my funds are limited.

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 05 August 2008 - 08:04 AM.

#19 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:05 AM

Cold Filter
Thank You Jimmy
August 1 2008 at 5:20 PM Bill O'Rights (Login thefirstimmortal)

Response to Re: Keep the check!

Forgot to change the title of the other post. Sorry about that Jimmy.

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 05 August 2008 - 08:06 AM.

#20 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:07 AM

Cold Filter
July 24 2008 at 6:20 PM Finance Department (Login Finance_Department)
Veteran Member

Response to Response

I'll answer the specific questions you asked me, and follow up with some comments.

You asked who it was I referred to, who said we should look at your posts on imminst. I had to look back, and recognize this was the source on that:

CryoNet: Message #30873
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 20:45:45 -0700 (PDT)
"you can talk to William if you want at ImmInst, he is posting there daily lately. If you are interested in seeing research he has done they are in our archives."

As to the reason I "obviously" seldom go to imminst, you have to understand I am noted for my provocative remarks, and you bit I was wondering who would. I have no really serious objections to anything or anyone on imminst. I do find a little more intellectualizing at length in some of the posts, than I prefer to read. The forum is structured like Alcorunited.org - difficult for me to find specific material in. The threaded setup of Cold Filter using Network54's platform appeals more to me, though it certainly has its own limitations.

This leads in to my "false accusation" that you did not make any reply to Wayside's post of 14-Jul 2008, 03:41 PM. That was a simple mistake on my part, and I apologize. What happened is that Wayside's post was the last one on page 1, and I did not see there was a page 2. I did not see this until I looked at your link today, and I do see where you responded to Wayside's questions. This comes from me not being used to using that forum structure, and the Page 1/2 links not being on the same screen where you finish reading the last post.

I scanned through all the posts from you there since 14-July in that topic (some of them pretty quickly because I do not have a lot of interest in motorcycles and cars), and cannot say I really found answers to the following I asked here on CF:

"I had already googled "william o'rights" and gotten information on his drug bust, change of name, etc. I found myself wondering why anyone with a serious interest in cryonics and who wants to take such risks in the real world, would not prefund his cryonics arrangements first, knowing full well he could be arrested and lose every penny he has getting out of the mess. And now he wants donations?"

If you would wish to say a little in response to that right here, that's up to you, and I'd welcome seeing it. In answer to your question, I did not post to imminst because I do not have nor want an account there. I posted here because this is where I usually post, and it was in reply to the appeal Dave Pizer posted here.

I wish you the best in your chosen fight against metasticized cancer. The Vitamin C IV sounds interesting. If it at least produced some remission, it would be easier on you than the chemo drugs, which often produce more pain and debilitation than the disease itself. You are unlikely to find any medical practicitioner in the USA who will do it, through conventional contacts. If you can get or make the solution, anyone who knows/trusts you and can operate an IV might do it. If you could travel to Mexico, you might find a lot of medical people there who would do it. I found the linked topic on a dog's treatment with resveratrol interesting also. I wonder where one would find resveratrol in that strength and quantity. This might lead you to a source: http://www.cryonet.o...p.cgi?msg=28987

FD

#21 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:08 AM

Cold Filter
Tic toc
July 24 2008 at 7:36 PM William O'Rights (Login thefirstimmortal)

Response to Reply

Finance Department wrote:
you have to understand I am noted for my provocative remarks,

TheFirstimmortal writes:
Fair enough. I am well known for 2 things. My abrasive posting style (which explains why I need a free speech zone) and for not holding grudges.

This leads in to my "false accusation" that you did not make any reply to Wayside's post of 14-Jul 2008, 03:41 PM. That was a simple mistake on my part, and I apologize. What happened is that Wayside's post was the last one on page 1, and I did not see there was a page 2. I did not see this until I looked at your link today, and I do see where you responded to Wayside's questions. This comes from me not being used to using that forum structure, and the Page 1/2 links not being on the same screen where you finish reading the last post.

TheFirstimmortal writes:
Your apology is totally accepted. And I certainly can see how that could happen, so I 100% believe you. So were all good between you and I.

If you would wish to say a little in response to that right here, that's up to you, and I'd welcome seeing it.

TheFirstimmortal writes:
Certainly I will, but I’m leaving tomorrow for the weekend to visit my grandparents. When I get back I will catch up with Imminst, and then come here and give you answers. I said I would and I will. I am a man of my word.

I wish you the best in your chosen fight against metasticized cancer.

TheFirstimmortal writes:
Thank You, and Live Long and Well

#22 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:11 AM

Cold Filter
Poster Boy for Paralysis of Analysis
August 1 2008 at 5:17 PM Bill O'Rights (Login thefirstimmortal)

Undertoad wrote
Not questioning his integrity, but if he's such a cryonics supporter, how come he hasn't been signed up for years? Why wasn't he "able to get his suspension funded at CI?"

Thefirstimmortal writes
Unfortunately I have become the poster boy for paralysis of analysis. I joined CI because it’s no debt policy and sound business practices, but I didn’t like the contract and wanted to have it changed. Now, let me say this about the contract, because it has been a few years since I took a hard look at it. My recollection was that it was an excellent contract as far as protecting CI. I don’t know who drafted it, but it really offered some bulletproof protection for CI. But as a customer I wanted to make some changes to the document. Then I started reviewing all of the paperwork, and wanted to read the whole over 20,000 posts at cryonet. I started taking data and notes on such things as
Autopsy, Religious objection
http://www.imminst.o...o...ic=4571&hl=
There were issues with different freezing methods employed

Cryonics straight freeze and vitro, Problems with freezing methods.
http://www.imminst.o...o...ic=4621&hl=

And of course, I had to pause to take some time helping on the whole stump bill issue
Do,,, or Die...The War on Immortality, Call to arms, Stump Bill
http://www.imminst.o...o...ic=3153&hl=

And of course I had to get those lovely cryonics Quotes.
http://www.imminst.o...o...ic=4598&hl=
And for those not checking the links, I would like to point out the very first quote I found was a quote from Robert Ettinger which ironically states “But don't let indecision paralyze you. It is sometimes more important to be decisive than to be "right." After all, if you join one organization and later decide you made a mistake, it's probably not a big deal. You don't tie up a lot of money by joining. Delay can cost you everything--and has done so
in the past for many people.
Yeah, How’s that for prophesy.

I wanted to study other legal issues like
RIGHT TO CONTROL DISPOSITION OF REMAINS
http://www.imminst.o...o...ic=4590&hl=

LIVING WILLS AND HEALTH CARE DIRECTIVES
http://www.imminst.o...o...ic=4591&hl=

UNIFORM ANATOMICAL GIFT ACT
http://www.imminst.o...o...ic=4589&hl=

Cryonics, Legal notes
http://www.imminst.o...o...ic=2488&hl=

Legal Notes, Property in a corpse..........????, Right to direct disposal of one's body
http://www.imminst.o...o...ic=3301&hl=

Defining Death, Case notes
http://www.imminst.o...o...ic=3213&hl=

Yeah, I could go on and on, but I think you get the point. Is this a satisfactory answer???

Live Long and Well

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 05 August 2008 - 08:11 AM.

#23 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:13 AM

Cold Filter
Donation
July 30 2008 at 9:23 PM Mike Perry (no login)

I have donated $1,000 for Mr. O'Rights's cryopreservation. I hope others will donate generously.

Mike Perry

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 05 August 2008 - 08:14 AM.

#24 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:15 AM

Cold Filter
Thank You
August 1 2008 at 5:43 PM Bill O'Rights (Login thefirstimmortal)

Response to Donation

Thank You Mike for your generous donation.
Live Long and Well

#25 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:16 AM

O' Rights donation
August 2 2008 at 10:39 PM Robert Ettinger (Login R_Ettinger)
Veteran Member

Response to Donation

On July 21 I mailed a $1,000 check to the Venturists for the Wm. O'Rights fund.(Previously I had pledged that amount to CI for that purpose.)

As I read one of his recent posts here, his prognosis is now only two or three months to live. Those willing to help need to get cracking if the objective is to be achieved.

Suggestion: If there are some who cannot contribute much at present, but would pledge a monthly or annual sum up to a stated total, there might be ways to work that in.

Robert Ettinger

#26 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:14 PM

William O'Rights Fund Updates and Discussion
August 4 2008 at 10:41 PM Finance Department (Login Finance_Department)
Veteran Member

I see the other large thread got locked, so here is one for more info on Bill O'Rights. Dave Pizer posted a couple of items to CryoNet, here is most of the text:

Message #30910
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 00:04:49 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Please help William O'Rights
Hi Cryofriends:
For those of you who have been following the story of how we are trying to help one of our own and raise money to pay for a suspension for long time cryonics supporter, William O'Rights, here is an update.
I have heard through another forum that his prognosis is only for a couple of months. I have suggested he write some description of what he is going through but he has declined to do so at present. He is a man of great pride and determination. So we can only imagine the physical and emotional pain he must be going through.
William has been a long time supporter of our cryonics movement and has helped the movement in earlier days when he was in better physical and financial condition.
I hope everyone will participate and send a contribution to the Venturists to try to help save this worthwhile person.
By early next week, we expect to have about $8,000 in the bank. We need another $22,000 to have enough to pay for the suspension and some related expenses. Please do what you can to help.
Make your check out to: The Venturists
Put in the memo line "For William O'Rights fund"
Mail it to:
The Venturists
C/O Creekside Lodge
11255 State Highway 69
Mayer Arizona 86333
Best regards to everyone
David Pizer

Message #30911
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 10:50:52 -0700 (PDT)
For those of you who are following the story of William O'Rights here is an update on his condition.
HERE IS SO OF WHAT WILLIAM SAID YESTERDAY:
"Yesterday I went to get Chemo and the results of Mondays CT scans. As I expected the cancer has entered the spine. I lit up the T6 disk in no uncertain terms. The original mass is back to 8cm, and that is causing problems. My weight is down to 125.5, so I didnaC t even get the dose of chemo I got when I was in the hospital. They wouldnaC t give me the Carboplatin, although I thought I tolerated it well last week. ItaC s a class 4 chemo agent, but I was OK with it. The doctor just thinks my weight is too far down to go heavy with a class 4 agent. Last weeks dose has given me relief. I can swallow food now, and IaC m not vomiting. I can sleep for several hours before the back pain wakens me. They are going to do Radiation Therapy on the spine."
William things he can hold off the cancer even though the doctors don't give him much (or any) of a chance. He has always been a fighter.
Thanks to all who are helping out.
David Pizer

#27 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:15 AM

X-Message-Number: 30920
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 18:02:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Thank You David

--0-80163486-1218070949=:75147

Thank You David,

It has been several years since I have posted here at cryonet. I will make this
first post brief, but promise more to come. At this time I would like to thank
David Pizer for posting message #30868URGENT SITUATION, and calling to the
Immortalist community my current situation.
Live Long and Well
William Constitution O Rights
The First Immortal
Live Long and Well
William C. O'Rights
The First Immortal

#28 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:17 AM

X-Message-Number: 30929
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 11:22:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 41st doubling

--0-952089122-1218306135=:9699

I'm finally getting caught up with my work in my threads at Immortality
Institute. I see here that I have some people who need to be thanked, some posts
that need to be responded to and I have some corrections and updates, I will
try to get to all of this within the this week.

My delay in getting here has been largely due to the fight I find myself
currently involved in with my cancer. My primary concern has been battling back
this cancer to at least buy enough time so that the rescue mission here can be
successful. If it were not for the current rescue mission going on over at
Immortality Institute any talk of a remarkable rescue here would be moot. There
just simply wouldn't be enough time; we are going to at the very least push that
October deadline back far enough to give the Society of Venturism more time.

Just a short while ago over the 4th of July weekend I returned to the hospital
for a several day stay. We were to learn that the cancer had spread, its
malevolence knows no bounds. The cancer was in my lung and had spread to my left
femur and right arm by January, and recent CT scans over the 4th of July shows
that it has further spread to my spine and lymph nodes. I have small cell lung
cancer, but don't be fooled by it's rather confining name, it can savage any
thing, liver and bone, testicles, the brain, the nose, the tongue, the auditory
canal, the salivary gland, eyelid and ejaculatory duct; heel and heart. It's my
understanding that when two normal cells come into contact, they politely stop
dividing, a microscopic social grace that has been described to me as "contact
inhibition.” But for cancer, no such inhibitions exist. The cancer cell is a
wild and totally asocial individual, programmed to proliferate without
restraint, to compete with its neighbors for food, and in the end, to destroy the individual at whose
expense it survives. Cancer's signal characteristic is not its rapacity, but
its restless, seemingly unquenchable wanderlust. Normal cells are well rooted,
possessed of a strong sense of place. Even benign tumors stay anchored in the
locale where they were born. But my cancer is nomadic, and it has been on the
march, boring through tissue and organs one after the other, galloping wildly
through my body.

Today however I find myself in much better shape than last month. I think I was
much closer to death then. How close might I have been over the 4th, well my
tumor measured 11.4 at the main mass. Cancer's growth follows a classic
geometric progression, doubling like a zygote. After its thirtieth doubling, it
reaches a cen timeter in size, the smallest size at which it can be easily
detected in deep organs. It is rare for it to go beyond its fortieth doubling,
(a ten-centimeter diameter composed of a trillion cells), before fatal
complications set in. By all accounts, my cancer entered into it's 41 doubling.

Live Long and Well,

#29 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:54 PM

Cold Filter

Imminst posts on what Bill is doing to fight, with supplements
August 10 2008 at 12:00 AM Finance Department (Login Finance_Department)
Veteran Member

Response to William O'Rights Fund Updates and Discussion

http://www.imminst.o...tions-f326.html

#30 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:55 PM

More Links
August 11 2008 at 9:40 AM William O'Rights (no login)

Response to Imminst posts on what Bill is doing to fight, with supplements

Here are a few more threads, this thread showing a lack of support and response from Imminst as an organization.
http://www.imminst.o...o...c=23237&hl=

This one showing that where the leadership sat down, the members stood up. This is a thread started by Missminni. This has been the most explosive and active thread on the board since Missminni posted it. Started on 21-Jul 2008, it today boasts of over 7,000 page views and seldom drops off the first page of the active topics list.
http://www.imminst.o...ive-t23263.html

A company called Revgenetics, who stepped in offering a 5% discount on all orders to members who put in the code, “Immortal”, and 10% of those orders profits go toward the purchase of my vitamins. Anthony has been most generous and helpful.
http://www.imminst.o...o...c=23423&hl=

This is my Thank You thread.
http://www.imminst.o...o...c=23050&hl=

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users