* * * * * 1 votes

Help Aubrey get 1.5 million by voting

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:44 PM

Voting ends September 1st, take a second to vote now :-)

Here is the page where you can vote "nominate":

http://www.memberspr...ect/view/BVVE2C

(This is the Methuselah Foundation Page with some more details if you are interested, to vote though you only need click on the above link... http://www.mfoundati...?pagename=ufard )

#2 dnamechanic

• Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:46 PM

Voting ends September 1st, take a second to vote now :-)

Thanks Shannon for your help.

Brokenportal is putting a huge effort into this project.

Also, several others have stepped-up to help recruit and obtain nominations.

The volunteers signing on and progress-to-goal is being tracked in this thread:

http://www.imminst.o...o...c=23853&hl=

This topic is an excellent way to open a discussion about MFURI, The Methuselah Foundation, and SENS.

#3 Johan

• Guest, F@H
  • 472 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:17 PM

I've nominated it now. How many nominations do we need?

#4 dnamechanic

• Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:35 PM

I've nominated it now. How many nominations do we need?

The goal is 2,000 nominations by September 1.

More support is desirable, and certainly within reach of the Life-Extension community.

It is logical that the more support shown, the more likely this project is to receive funding.

With a little practice, and some raised awareness, this community has the ability to greatly exceed the required votes for this project, and for future related projects.

The current goal, progress, and several posts related can be found in this thread (there are also several other related threads).

#5 Shannon Vyff

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:10 PM

Thanks for linking the other relevant threads, I was trying to post something that could be easily copied and shared with various lists, friends and families--I've head back from many that they've signed.

(I was also wondering why one of BrokenPortal's threads was edited...) The votes are near 2,000 -- so we really need to share this information.

You do not have to be an an American Express Card Holder, just sign in as a guest--I saw an great explanation to share--thank you to the following explanation from Alistair:

"Everybody thought it was only US residents that were allowed to vote,
but I've just heard that any nationality can vote. It takes less than five minutes (and
it doesn't cost anything). Here's what you need to do:

1. Paste this URL into your browser: http://www.membersp roject.com/
(It is also available from Amex home page
http://www.american express.com from a link in the bottom left corner
under "Important Announcments" .)

2.a. If you are not an Amex Card Member: Click on "Guest Members Log
In" (in the upper right corner of the screen). Then click on "Guest
Members Sign Up Here" (at the bottom of the next screen).

2.b. If you are an Amex Card Member: Click on "Cardmembers Log In" (on
the right side of the screen). If you don't already have an online
login click on "Create a Log In" in the next screen.

3. Complete the Registration Form which will give you your Login ID.

4. Once you are logged in on the home page, you can either a) Enter
"Undergrads Fighting Age Related Disease" in the Search box or b)
click on "Health " then "Diseases and Disorders" at the bottom right
of the home page, and scroll down to "Undergrads Fighting Age Related
Disease".

5. Click on the project and then click on the "Nominate this Project"
button. Then click on "Post Your Comments" (at the bottom of the
screen), as discussion board activity counts towards the nomination of
the top 25 projects."

#6 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:16 PM

Its true, I guess it isnt US only. Thats great news. It is posted else where but it can use all the hype it can get, and this is more concise. We have made it into the top twenty. We are ranked 22 right now. We were probably all unsure if we could make it there.

Now that we have though, the money is sitting on the door step. Its ours if we put the pedal the metal and go for it. If we dont then it will pass us by. If we dont it will float down the river of time and possibly beach somewhere on the shores of the cemetaries we are all buried in. I cant imagine a more tangible way to energize this movement in a larger way right now than with this chance.

Now how do we get people ready to do what was already hard and tedious, and double that effort? We are in the door and there is a world where we stepped it up and brought in all that money. Can you imagine what up start productivity that comes out of the world where that money is had?

Ideas? Ill be continuing on with sending out invites to nominate, but Ide like to find more great ideas on where to get more people to recruit.

To anybody interested, lets meet in the ustream chat room at 4pm cst time today to go over this stuff.

#7 Johan

• Guest, F@H
  • 472 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:24 PM

As I'm typing this, we have 1,692 nominations. That's more than twice as many as when I last posted (I think we had 734 nominations two days ago). I'm not sure if there's much I can do to help - I don't know anyone else who's interested - but I sure hope we can get to 2,000 by September 1st, as you said.

#8 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:06 AM

"Future generations may well have occasion to ask themselves, "What were our parents thinking? Why didn't they wake up when they had a chance?" We have to hear that question from them, now."

"It takes time to connect the dots, I know that. But I also know that there can be a day of reckoning when you wish you had connected the dots more quickly."

Ive been watching the gore movie. I like these quotes. They apply to this AMEX effort, and of course not only it, but this year in life extension in general. The time is right, plant the seeds, the ground is fertile. Hard work now equals hell of a harvest later.

#9 b0gger

• 167 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:49 AM

Are there only 2000 of us in the whole world? Damn it, we are rare. Last night I tried to convince some danish guy to nominate, but apparently he still thinks that if nature wants us dead, it's good for it. He simply ignored some of my words, it is like explaining to a muslim abt absence of allah. A also posted the information at a couple of russian forums, but was rated negatively. Sometimes It seems people use the Internet only for fun.
To win the next year, I propose to promote out values to chinese people. I believe it’ll work.
Attached File  tiger.jpg   87.9KB   22 downloads

#10 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:44 AM

Dont get discouraged though, keep plugging along. It helps. We need to stay moving ahead, even if just a little, to stay in the top 25. If we stall at all we may even fall out of the top 25. That would be horrible. We are at 23 now. Dropped a ranking since yesterday.

I maxed out my emails limit on what you can send today. Ill start back in tomorrow though. What I recomend is go to health sites and find emails. Post them in the send part of the message, then when your done hit the back button and paste in another email. That way they arent in bulk and its still easy to do.

Try the NIA, or google "aging web sites" or something. There are plenty everywhere.

If you have money to put toward an ad let me know. I have $200.00 to go toward one. I gambled 6 dollars away today and won $100.00. Is it an omen? No, but lets pretend it is.

#11 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:46 PM

If you have stopped with active support of the AMEX project because you think youve run out of options, then another thing we need help with is keeping discussion going in the amex discussion boards.

Right now I am asking projects that wont be making the cut if they would support our project. For example at this link.

We are probably going to make the top 25. We are in it now, and probably wont be bumped out. We will be needing help from American Express card holders in getting votes after the 1rst though.

#12 kevin

• Member, Guardian
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:59 AM

If you have stopped with active support of the AMEX project because you think youve run out of options, then another thing we need help with is keeping discussion going in the amex discussion boards.

Right now I am asking projects that wont be making the cut if they would support our project. For example at this link.

We are probably going to make the top 25. We are in it now, and probably wont be bumped out. We will be needing help from American Express card holders in getting votes after the 1rst though.

Hi Eric,

You have been busting your ..... and thanks so much. I would say to please not ask organizations who are failing for their support. I don't think it is a good idea and the optics don't work in our favor.

Thanks!

kevin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users