• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Play games to support the longevity meme.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 s123

• Director
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:34 AM

Yesterday I postulated a new and interesting idea on the Wednesday chat. What if we would give online game money to people who become a member of the longevity meme group? I play stargatewars and in this game you earn naquadah by playing it. I have already donated 25 billion naqs to everyone who voted for us on AMEX. Does anyone here play stargatewars? If you play other games like World of Warcraft then you could do the same.
Ask people to use there ingame nick to register on F@H. Then promise them a certain amount of ingame money or points or whatsoever for a certain amount of points on F@H. And let’s say every month you give the participants the amount of money that they have earn.

#2 chungenhung

• Guest, F@H
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 02:55 PM

are you saying to let people exchange their "F@H points" for "Game points/money"?
sounds interesting. However, I believe most people want plain cash, as not all are gamers.

#3 s123

• Topic Starter
  • Director
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:30 PM

are you saying to let people exchange their "F@H points" for "Game points/money"?
sounds interesting. However, I believe most people want plain cash, as not all are gamers.

Yes, the more points they have on F@H the more game money they will get.
There isn’t one strategy to convince everyone. But my idea can convince some gamers to join and help.

#4 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 05:25 PM

Some people, most people actually, do not want anything because the prizes are too low to offset the costs anyway.
Sounds like a good plan for targeting gamers, we'd just need some WoW players with serious amounts of gold and some google ads on gamer sites.
If we do not convince any more people than fold already, we could still use the online-money as additional prize for those that do, to keep up their motivation.

Edited by kismet, 04 September 2008 - 06:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users