Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Problems with iHerb?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Advanc3d

• 283 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:52 AM

i placed a order on monday, they emailed with "shipped out" the next day and provided me a tracking number via USPS First Class International
now its Thursday and the tracking number either does work or they havent actually mailed out my order

i emailed them a several times and no reply.

whats the go, is this normal?

#2 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:10 AM

i placed a order on monday, they emailed with "shipped out" the next day and provided me a tracking number via USPS First Class International
now its Thursday and the tracking number either does work or they havent actually mailed out my order

i emailed them a several times and no reply.

whats the go, is this normal?

In my experience it's not unusual for their tracking not to work, especially if you went with USPS. Saying that I have never not received an order from iHerb and think they are an excellent supplier (based on price and speed of delivery, often faster than my domestic UK suppliers).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:30 AM

I can vouch for iherb as well. Use the code: ERE070 for a discount.

#4 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:29 AM

I've noticed that their shipping time has doubled for me. I haven't bothered to check if they have changed warehouses or not, but it's bothersome enough that I no longer make small orders.

#5 sdxl

• 391 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:04 PM

Yes, it normal that their USPS First Class International tracking doesn't work. Every single order I placed with them, I received though. When selecting USPS it does say "Takes 3-10 days, very reliable, but no tracking number". So it's not that they aren't telling you, but it's a little confusing if you missed that.

#6 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:07 PM

USPS- I'm convinced they know exactly where things are, but absolutely refuse to divulge the information. Why? Dunno. Anti-terrorism policy?

#7 jeromewilson

• 153 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:56 PM

iHerb are fantstic but recently have been taking 2 weeks + to get to me here in the UK, using USPS. Actually, I'm convinced that they get to the UK very quickly but they get held up by customs working out how much to tax me. This is a real bummer as USPS orders used to just sail through with no customs interference and no tax.

#8 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:30 PM

iHerb are fantstic but recently have been taking 2 weeks + to get to me here in the UK, using USPS. Actually, I'm convinced that they get to the UK very quickly but they get held up by customs working out how much to tax me. This is a real bummer as USPS orders used to just sail through with no customs interference and no tax.

I'm in the UK to and I find that the sub-£25 orders (as opposed to dollars) still go through quickly and without custom charges, DHL always send the dreaded customs bill.

#9 Advanc3d

• Topic Starter
  • 283 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:07 PM

Yes, it normal that their USPS First Class International tracking doesn't work. Every single order I placed with them, I received though. When selecting USPS it does say "Takes 3-10 days, very reliable, but no tracking number". So it's not that they aren't telling you, but it's a little confusing if you missed that.

then why give a USPS tracking number if it were not to work? makes no sense
ive gotten stuff Via 1st class USPS from otherplaces and the tracking number always works.
so you can see why i was a bit scared as to why it didnt work after 6 days

#10 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:20 PM

ive gotten stuff Via 1st class USPS from otherplaces and the tracking number always works.

You are just having bad luck lately huh; with Bulknutrition and now iHerb. I think you are jumping the gun too soon with getting all worked up like you got scammed. Remember, these companies are based in the US, and you are located in Australia. Of course things aren't going to go as smoothly since you are clear across the world from us.

Just chill out and relax; I'm sure it will all work out, and you'll be one happy person when your stuff finally arrives. Let this be a lesson to you; always order a couple weeks ahead of time now when you are running low on supplies :)

#11 spaceistheplace

• 397 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:46 PM

I don't know why USPS even bothers with tracking.

They tell you when it has shipped, and when it has arrived.

Kind of a foregone conclusion, really...

#12 Advanc3d

• Topic Starter
  • 283 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:55 PM

You are just having bad luck lately huh; with Bulknutrition and now iHerb. I think you are jumping the gun too soon with getting all worked up like you got scammed. Remember, these companies are based in the US, and you are located in Australia. Of course things aren't going to go as smoothly since you are clear across the world from us.

Just chill out and relax; I'm sure it will all work out, and you'll be one happy person when your stuff finally arrives. Let this be a lesson to you; always order a couple weeks ahead of time now when you are running low on supplies :)

haha yea but im 100% sure the BN one wont ever come "shipped date: 30th July"

#13 Declmem

• 315 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:13 AM

iHerb is pretty good, and if you buy enough from them you get a permanent 6-12% discount. Shipping is fast, etc.

But, if you ever have to email them, don't expect a response, ever.

I have to return some stuff to them, and ended up having to call. They do answer the phone and that's a better way to communicate with them, in my experience.

Now we'll see how fast I get a credit to my account on my return. I'll report back. Overall I'm happy with them, but not responding to emails is a fast way to get people pissed at you (resulting in the posting of this thread for example) :)

#14 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:47 AM

iHerb is pretty good, and if you buy enough from them you get a permanent 6-12% discount

I was notified a couple months ago of this, and I'm now a VP member or something :)

Save 6% on orders less than $120.00
--12% on orders of $120 or more
--13% on orders of $240 or more
--14% on orders of $480 or more
--16% on orders of $960 or more

That aint too bad I must say!

#15 M.speciosa

• 28 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:10 AM

USPS- I'm convinced they know exactly where things are, but absolutely refuse to divulge the information. Why? Dunno. Anti-terrorism policy?

I've actually wondered the same thing. They've always seemed a little "fishy" to me. Hmm...

#16 HereInTheHole

• 105 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:47 PM

I've had consistent, fast service from both iHerb and Bulk Nutrition.

#17 StrangeAeons

• Guest, F@H
  • 732 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:35 PM

Funny story, I ordered for the first time on iHerb just last Friday, two seperate orders. Two packages came in today. One was the Perika SJW I requested, plus a sample pack of two LifeForce Multiples, Fe-free. [How is anybody supposed to know whether or not they like a multivitamin in two days? The systemic effects are supposed to occur over months-years...]
The second package, instead of containing a <$10 bottle of NOW two-stage 1mg melatonin, contained two bottles of 60ct. 100mg R-Lipoic Acid. I called customer service and the lady said that my package would arrive shortly; I asked about the R-ALA and she told me to keep it. SCORE!!!
I've been using plain old ALA till now, looks like I got upgraded. They might be incompetent, but I'm not complaining.

#18 Declmem

• 315 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:19 PM

Just like to report back on this one. iHerb refunded me for my returned items no problem, which is great.

Unfortunately, one thing I've noticed about iHerb is that the shipping takes so long. I'm the US, and shipping always takes well over a week, sometimes 2. When I order from RI or Bulk Nutrition, the order is here within 2-3 days. In fact, this last time I ordered from iHerb 3 separate times a week and a half ago, and then ordered a few days ago from RI - RI's came first, and I've still yet to receive anything from iHerb :)

But that's par the course with iHerb, I know the package will arrive eventually. Hey, they're cheap, so I'm not complaining.

#19 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:22 PM

I learned a lesson recently: I will no longer place iHerb orders during the Holiday season because I can't trust their delivery dates.

I was supposed to get my order last week but now they say I won't get it until Tuesday.

Oh, and did you know that when you email iHerb the person who is reading your email is working at home? Yep, its true.

Almost all the employees that work for iHerb are not at the actual brick & mortar building where they process and pick your order.

Another thing that irks me is you can't place orders over $79.99 and have it shipped USPS.

I asked them and here is their lame reply:

"We have a strict policy of not shipping anything over $79.99 via USPS because they lose too many orders. We are happy that your local postal
service is very dependable." - iHerb

Which begs the question, why even bother having USPS as an shipping option when they "...lose too many orders..."

My USPS postal carrier shows up around the same time every day but the UPS guy shows up whenever the hell he feels like showing up! :)

Also, if you place a LARGE domestic order early Monday, it more than likely won't even get picked and shipped out until late Tuesday.

Guaranteed Same-Day Shipping for Domestic Orders.

We are able to guarantee same-day shipping for domestic orders if the following conditions are met:

1. The order is placed before 1 p.m. (13.00 hr.) Monday to Friday (California Time)
2. The shipping address is complete and valid.

I now place my orders early Wednesday and get my package the following Wednesday. No more Monday ordering for me. Never again.

Edited by pycnogenol, 04 January 2009 - 05:46 PM.

#20 Declmem

• 315 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:41 PM

I wish they delivered faster, but I don't see anything inappropriate about anything else you mentioned. In this economy lots of businesses are recruiting people to work at home. Why should someone have to waste gas just to answer email? :)

Actually you would be very surprised how often this occurs, even with large businesses, these days. Nothing wrong with it, IMO. Saves energy.

USPS policy seems perfectly reasonable to me. But, I've owned a business or two, so maybe I relate a bit easier to these things. We had to require tracking options for orders of a certain size. USPS does have tracking options, but you have to pay for it. I would like that option too, but I'm sure they have reasons for not using it.

It seems these guys work on pretty tight margins - thus the cheap prices - so I'll give them a break on this stuff.

If these things irk you, there are plenty of other businesses who probably offer full USPS options and force all their poor employees to drive to work to answer email :) Vitacost maybe? I dunno

Edited by Declmem, 04 January 2009 - 05:46 PM.

#21 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:51 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but my iHerb orders always seem to arrive in a reasonable amount of time. They usually do have my order packed within the same day, at most, by the next day. But it takes UPS 5-6 business days to ship. So if you order on say, a Monday, it may get packed and ready for delivery by Tues, then arrive by that next Mon-Tues. That's really not so bad, considering they give free shipping for orders over $60.

USPS is faster. I usually get those orders several days before UPS ones. And USPS orders are good for small items. If you just want a bottle of something, why pay $5 or so to deliver a $10 order? USPS usually charges $1.50-$2 for smaller orders, so it's a good option.

#22 drmz

• 574 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:07 PM

I've had consistent, fast service from both iHerb and Bulk Nutrition.

No problem with Iherb as well (free voucher BAR839)
Shipping goes reasonably fast, although shipping is more expensive then last year january, but that goes for most shipping costs.

#23 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:08 PM

I wish they delivered faster, but I don't see anything inappropriate about anything else you mentioned. In this economy lots of businesses are recruiting people to work at home. Why should someone have to waste gas just to answer email? :)

Actually you would be very surprised how often this occurs, even with large businesses, these days. Nothing wrong with it, IMO. Saves energy.

USPS policy seems perfectly reasonable to me. But, I've owned a business or two, so maybe I relate a bit easier to these things. We had to require tracking options for orders of a certain size. USPS does have tracking options, but you have to pay for it. I would like that option too, but I'm sure they have reasons for not using it.

It seems these guys work on pretty tight margins - thus the cheap prices - so I'll give them a break on this stuff.

If these things irk you, there are plenty of other businesses who probably offer full USPS options and force all their poor employees to drive to work to answer email :) Vitacost maybe? I dunno

And where exactly did I say or infer it was "inappropriate" anyway? I was merely stating a fact. Besides, I really don't care where they answer emails. Timbuktu for all I care.

Only the USPS dollar limit irks me. People drive to work and use gas?!? What? They don't walk, bicycle, or use public transportation?

Some of the prices on iHerb ain't that cheap either -- See the Solgar brand on their site.

Edited by pycnogenol, 04 January 2009 - 06:16 PM.

#24 Declmem

• 315 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:15 PM

Oh, and did you know that when you email iHerb the person who is reading your email is working at home? Yep, its true.

Almost all the employees that work for iHerb are not at the actual brick & mortar building where they process and pick your order.

Another thing that irks me is you can't place orders over $79.99 and have it shipped USPS.

Sorry if I interpreted this wrongly.

Not trying to insult you dude, just giving another perspective. :)

Edited by Declmem, 04 January 2009 - 06:51 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#25 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:21 PM

Sorry if I interpreted this wrongly.

Not trying to insult you dude, just giving another perspective. :)

I get what you're saying, dude. This ain't my first rodeo, as the ancient saying goes :)

(I probably have a different perspective when it comes to iHerb anyway since
I know just about everyone that works there, including Ray Faraee who is the
CEO of iHerb)

Edited by pycnogenol, 04 January 2009 - 06:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users