Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

How Does Madonna look for her age?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 Dmitri

• 841 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 03:54 AM

I'm curious to know what people think about her appearance now that she's 50. She claims her appearance is the product of exercise and eating a healthy diet (Macrobiotic). Do you think her regimen is working; that is does she look younger than she really is or does she look her age.

The following photos are from one of her concerts in early september.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:49 AM

crikey. I just ate too.

#3 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:34 AM

I've seen better

Jane Seymour.

Edited by Forever21, 27 September 2008 - 09:40 AM.

#4 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:24 AM

Her skin sure looks old

#5 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:44 AM

Of course she looks good for her age, but she doesn't look much younger...

#6 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 01:19 PM

I'd still hit it.

#7 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 September 2008 - 01:47 PM

Maybe a video of Madonna is better

I don't think she looks her age, I don't know where your from shonghow, but I rarely see women at 50 looking as slim, healthy, fit and young as Madonna. (im from UK) I wouldn't say she blows me away by her looks at her age, but it's still definitely above average in my opinion :)

Edited by Matt, 27 September 2008 - 01:51 PM.

#8 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 01:51 PM

Live Forever, how enlightened of you.

I think she looks great from a life extension and health perspective!

#9 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:09 PM

I'm curious to know what people think about her appearance now that she's 50. She claims her appearance is the product of exercise and eating a healthy diet (Macrobiotic). Do you think her regimen is working; that is does she look younger than she really is or does she look her age.

The following photos are from one of her concerts in early september.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Madonna had a face lift in 2005. She also got a nose job and botox. She's admitted to it. Having said that, I think she looks good.
I'm not crazy about how her training has built her body. Her biceps pop out too much, a problem I've noticed when women weight train. I have the same issue. I prefer a slender smoother arm with elongated muscles instead of the short pop out kind and her gluteus maximus needs a bit more rounding out. I have nothing against plastic surgery, but it has to be factored in when asking if someone looks their age.

• Agree x 1

#10 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,036 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:10 PM

She looks younger than 50, so I think she looks good for her age. She doesn't have much body fat. I wonder if she has a CR-type diet.

#11 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:14 PM

I've seen better

Jane Seymour.

I agree, and she's older too. Probably had plastic surgery as well.

#12 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:16 PM

She looks younger than 50, so I think she looks good for her age. She doesn't have much body fat. I wonder if she has a CR-type diet.

There are probably plenty of female celebs that follow CR-like diets. A quick search broght up some details of Madonna. No idea if they're true or not. Madonna follows a diet that is called the macrobiotic diet
http://en.wikipedia....acrobiotic_diet
http://www.cancerhel....asp?page=31039

Edited by Matt, 27 September 2008 - 02:17 PM.

#13 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:17 PM

She works out hard and religiously.

#14 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 03:12 PM

Her skin sure looks old

No not at all, but that's just my opinion judging from low-res pics. Maybe it  looks that way because of low body fat percentage.
Plastice surgery or not, who cares if you look better afterwards. If you say she "admitted" you make it sound as if it was a taboo, which it probably is for the general public, but for us? I think most life extensionists are pro-surgery, if it becomes necessary.

#15 sdxl

• 391 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 03:14 PM

Some time ago I saw really horrible pictures of Madonna. She looked so scary, I almost couldn't believe it was her.

Here.

Edited by sdxl, 27 September 2008 - 03:22 PM.

#16 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 September 2008 - 03:30 PM

Sdxl, you sure those aren't photoshopped? ;)

#17 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 03:46 PM

Posted Image

#18 sdxl

• 391 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 03:49 PM

Sdxl, you sure those aren't photoshopped? ;)

I don't know, I'm no expert. But you have to admit that she's wearing a lot of make-up in those other pictures and probably had more rest.

#19 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 03:50 PM

I'm not saying she looks like Skeletor...but she looks like Skeletor.

#20 salyavin

• 31 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 05:26 PM

Are you her He-man?

Edited by 不老不死, 27 September 2008 - 05:26 PM.

#21 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:58 PM

Are you her He-man?

Being a Guy Ritchie fan, she has become my mortal enemy. So, yeah.

#22 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:14 PM

Posted Image

Nicole Kidman looks fantastic for being 41.

#23 Shoe

• Guest, F@H
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:34 PM

I think Madonna looks fantastic, and she certainly looks younger than the average 50 year old woman. I think her excercise regimen will make her look very good even when she's reaching 70.

Edited by Shoe, 27 September 2008 - 08:36 PM.

#24 Dmitri

• Topic Starter
  • 841 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:12 PM

There are probably plenty of female celebs that follow CR-like diets. A quick search broght up some details of Madonna. No idea if they're true or not. Madonna follows a diet that is called the macrobiotic diet
http://en.wikipedia....acrobiotic_diet
http://www.cancerhel....asp?page=31039

Madonna does follow a macrobiotic diet; Gwyneth Paltrow is also on that diet.

#25 Dmitri

• Topic Starter
  • 841 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:25 PM

Nicole Kidman looks fantastic for being 41.

Nicole Kidman uses a lot of botox though so much in fact that several critics have mentioned that her frozen face has left her devoid of any kind of emotion on the screen which has made her performances suffer.
Posted Image

#26 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:28 PM

I believe she looks younger than most 50 year olds but her arms are kind of saggy or at least the skin looks bad. I liked the comment I'm not saying she looks like skeletor...but she looks like skeletor lol

#27 Dmitri

• Topic Starter
  • 841 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:35 PM

I believe she looks younger than most 50 year olds but her arms are kind of saggy or at least the skin looks bad. I liked the comment I'm not saying she looks like skeletor...but she looks like skeletor lol

I don't think her arms look saggy, but they're a bit too veiny, other than that I think she looks good for her age.

Edited by Dmitri, 27 September 2008 - 09:56 PM.

#28 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:50 PM

This guy is 50 years old and looking good. I think hes a vegetarian, quite a short and skinny guy too. Has he actually visibly aged at all in the last 20 years? LOL

PRINCE

Posted Image

Present day
Posted Image

Edited by Matt, 27 September 2008 - 10:00 PM.

#29 Healthy Skeptic

• 23 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:56 PM

Wow, Prince is looking remarkably good if that photo is current.

#30 Dmitri

• Topic Starter
  • 841 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 10:03 PM

The macrobiotic diet is low in fat which explains why she doesn't have much body fat.

This is what her diet consists of:

What are the Guidelines of the Macrobiotic Diet?
  • Whole grains typically make up 50 to 60% of each meal. Whole grains include brown rice, whole wheat berries, barley, millet, rye, corn, buckwheat, and other whole grains. Rolled oats, noodles, pasta, bread, baked goods, and other flour products can be eaten occasionally.
  • Soup. One to two cups or bowls of soup per day. Miso and shoyu, which are made from fermented soybeans, are commonly used.
  • Vegetables typically make up 25 to 30% of the daily food intake. Up to one-third of the total vegetable intake can be raw. Otherwise, vegetables should be steamed, boiled, baked, and sauteed.
  • Beans make up 10% of the daily food intake. This includes cooked beans or bean products such as tofu, tempeh, and natto.
  • Animal products. A small amount of fish or seafood is typically consumed several times per week. Meat, poultry, eggs, and dairy are usually avoided. Fish or seafood are eaten with horseradish, wasabi, ginger, mustard, or grated daikon to help the body detoxify from the effects of fish and seafood.
  • Seeds and nuts in moderation. Seeds and nuts can be lightly roasted and salted with sea salt or shoyu.
  • Local fruit can be consumed several times a week. Includes apples, pears, peaches, apricots, grapes, berries, melons, and other fruit. Tropical fruit such as mango, pineapple, and papaya is usually avoided.
  • Desserts are permitted in moderation, approximately two to three times per week. Desserts can be enjoyed by people who are in good health. Emphasize naturally sweet foods such as apples, squash, adzuki beans, and dried fruit. Natural sweeteners such as rice syrup, barley malt, and amazake can be used. Sugar, honey, molasses, chocolate, carob, and other sweeteners are avoided.
  • Cooking oil is typically unrefined vegetable oil. One of the most common oils used is dark sesame oil. Other oils that are recommended are light sesame oil, corn oil, and mustard seed oil.
  • Condiments and seasonings include natural sea salt, shoyu, brown rice vinegar, umeboshi vinegar, umeboshi plums, grated ginger root, fermented pickles, gomashio (roasted sesame seeds), roasted seaweed, and sliced scallions.
Diet guidelines are individualized based on factors such as climate, season, age, gender, activity, and health needs.
http://altmedicine.a...Macrobiotic.htm

Edited by Dmitri, 27 September 2008 - 10:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users