• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Quarantine is holding my Bulk Nutrition piracetam

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:49 AM

Ok I called up customs yesterday after receiving a letter in the mail that said my piracetam was being held because quarantine though it posed a risk to the community. I got some horrible bitch on the line and the conversation went like this:

"Ah, hello, I'm calling about a product I recently imported that's being held in quarantine"
"Yer"
"Ah, yes, I'm wondering if it can be released to me"
"Yer"
"So can it?"
"Yer"
"I'm sorry?"
"Yer. Gimmer ya refarance numma"
"What? Sorry what was that"
"I SAID, Gimmie ya reference numma"
"Oh right sorry"
"'R'"
"Yer"
"'B'"
"Yer"
"One"
"Yer"
"Three"
"Yer"

And so on and so forth. I think if this cretin had a brain cell it would be lonely. She then basically told me that in order to get the piracetam back I need a signed letter from a senior member of staff (I'm not making this up) that states all the ingredients of the product. Only then will quarantine be satisfied that the product with an ingredient list really is the on the up and up. I mean they don't just want to take anyone's word for it. It's so fucking stupid. The order cost me nearly $60 as well and if I want to order it again with the AUD being as it is I would have to pay even more.

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:20 AM

In a libertarian world, you wouldn't have this kind-of trouble. People should be free to enhance their well-being, stay healthy, and even take risks.

I don't use piracetam but I know it is one of the more safe substances out there. "Risk to the community". What the hell?

#3 Ben

• Topic Starter
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:22 AM

In a libertarian world, you wouldn't have this kind-of trouble. People should be free to enhance their well-being, stay healthy, and even take risks.

I don't use piracetam but I know it is one of the more safe substances out there. "Risk to the community". What the hell?

I think they mean through the introduction of pests etc. How a bug could survive in the piracetam is beyond me, as is why a bug would be there to begin with.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:05 AM

oh god... I hope my rather large order i made last week which contained some oxiracetam is ok

#5 Ben

• Topic Starter
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:45 AM

I got it back after arguing with quarantine's resident genius. Came the day after by Australia Post. Still, what about the next time? Will I be as lucky?

#6 dehbleh

• Validating/Suspended
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:11 AM

I got it back after arguing with quarantine's resident genius. Came the day after by Australia Post. Still, what about the next time? Will I be as lucky?

I can foresee this only getting worse. One customs officer even had the balls to ask me why I wasn't buying my l-glutamine in Australia... "well lets see, for starters the lesser grade in our country is about 3x the cost per gram you f***ing numb nut!".

Uneducated, self-rightous totally arrogant sums up alot of customs/quarantine officers. The types you see on that TV show "Border Control" that treat everyone with a packet of paracetamol as if they were smuggling 10kgs of pure, white Columbia gold. Pure toss-factor as far as I'm concerned.

#7 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:28 PM

My order from bulknutrition came in today. Everything was ok, and package had been opened by Aussie quarantine.

2 X Now Foods Taurine 500 mg 100 caps
2 X R-Alpha Lipoic Acid 200mg 90 Caps
1 X 1Fast400 Oxiracetam Powder, 100 grams
1 X 1Fast400 Alpha-GPC Powder 50%, 450 grams
1 X Creatine 1 Kilo Powder
1 X Now Foods Melatonin 3 mg 180 caps

A few months ago I had a 1kilo tub of BCAA's siezed and destroyed. They never gave me a good reason why.

#8 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:56 PM

Read the forums over at bodybuilding.com and anabolicminds.com. Each forum has an Aussie Customs thread where people post their order list and whether or not they had any problems with Aussie customs. Many supplements popular on Imminist forums are mentioned.

edit: Make sure to ALWAYS use USPS (United States Postal Service) instead of FedEx where possible. A lot more items go through customs unchecked with USPS.

Edited by Steve_86, 21 October 2008 - 03:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users