my Piracetam from BN is turning PINK!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Advanc3d

• 283 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:20 PM

i got my bulk piracetam a few months ago,
after a cupple of months i started to notice small red/pink dots on the powder,
and now as i look carefully a small hue of pink has apeared all over the powder...

im assuming this is not normal?

#2 nhlgoducks

• 20 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:28 PM

i got my bulk piracetam a few months ago,
after a cupple of months i started to notice small red/pink dots on the powder,
and now as i look carefully a small hue of pink has apeared all over the powder...

im assuming this is not normal?

Maybe it's a type of mold? I wouldn't recommend consuming it. However, if you do please post any results! :)

Edited by nhlgoducks, 13 November 2008 - 09:29 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:52 PM

They cut it with pepto-bismal! doh! :)

#4 Lost Soul

• 35 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:58 PM

snort that shit and report back

just kidding

#5 StrangeAeons

• Guest, F@H
  • 732 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:08 AM

Isn't it obvious? Your smart drugs got so smart that they formed a neural network approaching sentience. The pink just indicates that it's figured out how to synthesize organic matter. Obviously I wouldn't recommend ingesting it, as it may seek revenge on you.

#6 Lost Soul

• 35 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:25 AM

Isn't it obvious? Your smart drugs got so smart that they formed a neural network approaching sentience. The pink just indicates that it's figured out how to synthesize organic matter. Obviously I wouldn't recommend ingesting it, as it may seek revenge on you.

haha, oh god. cant' stop laughing

#7 john16

• 114 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:29 PM

haha that is an incredibily brilliant statement. I am assuming that the tone was a mocking one?lol..funny nonetheless..

#8 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:45 PM

Something about the major mechanism underlying Chinese Quality Assurance.
But, I'm jumping to conclusions, I admit that whole-heartedly.

Pink?

#9 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:55 PM

lol, this is great :)

#10 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 06:52 PM

It is the oxidation. That is why I take a little bit at a time out of the main, big container and place into a smaller one. This makes it so you don't have to continue opening and closing the main container which exposes it to too much oxygen. This happens to every piracetam source I've tried.

One thing is for sure though about BN. I won't ever be ordering from them again. My recent L-glutamine purchase smelled like damn dog food. Their quality has to be subpar.

#11 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:08 AM

haha that is an incredibily brilliant statement. I am assuming that the tone was a mocking one?lol..funny nonetheless..

No he was being dead serious, no mocking tone there that I can detect. I'm barely controlling my pinkracetam.

#12 solracselbor

• 98 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 05:24 AM

It is the oxidation. That is why I take a little bit at a time out of the main, big container and place into a smaller one. This makes it so you don't have to continue opening and closing the main container which exposes it to too much oxygen. This happens to every piracetam source I've tried.

One thing is for sure though about BN. I won't ever be ordering from them again. My recent L-glutamine purchase smelled like damn dog food. Their quality has to be subpar.

Where do you order your bulk supply then?

#13 john16

• 114 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:56 PM

yeah, I always have a good experience with BN..

#14 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 04:48 PM

Well, I have been ordering from both Bulk Nutrition and Beyond-a-Century since early 2005. This last order of L-Glutamine just turned me off. Their bacopa makes me feel horrible too, yet the bacopa I get in capsule form from AOR and Paradise Herbs make me feel great!

For now on, it is spending a little more money for the non bulk powder forms of my supps as well as switching to Beyond-a-Century for the supps that I can get in bulk powder form.

#15 rebuild101

• 80 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:40 AM

Yeah, I doubt I'm ordering from BN again, too. I was dumb enough (hence the urgent need of smart drugs?) to take the dog food smelling stuff from there. It made me very, very sick.

#16 solracselbor

• 98 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:43 AM

delete

Edited by solracselbor, 20 November 2008 - 05:43 AM.

#17 Declmem

• 315 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:52 PM

Sucks, I just purchased 700grams of piracetam from BN, and a bunch of Alpha-GPC.

Never had a problem with them though..

Luv2increase - you said this "pinkening" happens with all brands you've tried? And its from oxidation? I'm assuming that despite the color this doesn't pose any danger, and won't severely negatively effect its potency?

I keep most of my bulk supplements in a mini fridge anyway. But would that matter for oxidation?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#18 solracselbor

• 98 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:17 PM

Sucks, I just purchased 700grams of piracetam from BN, and a bunch of Alpha-GPC.

Never had a problem with them though..

Luv2increase - you said this "pinkening" happens with all brands you've tried? And its from oxidation? I'm assuming that despite the color this doesn't pose any danger, and won't severely negatively effect its potency?

I keep most of my bulk supplements in a mini fridge anyway. But would that matter for oxidation?

would you recommend capsuled forms of piracetam to be stored in the fridge? What about CDP choline and fish oil?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users