• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce Klein

• Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 08:25 PM

Robin Hanson wrote:

>
>>> I suppose the closest thing I have is my article in uploads ( http://hanson.gmu.edu/uploads.html ), which is about immortal creatures, though not much about their immortality.
>>
>>
>> I have read /If Uploads Come First/ and have admired this work. Would you like for me to forward the submission to them? You also may wish to modify the version between now and the Jan 15, 2004 deadline if needed.
>
>
> I don't think I'll have time to revise it, but I'm happy to submit it, and happy to have you forward the submission for me.
>
>

Posted Image

>
> Robin Hanson rhanson@gmu.edu http://hanson.gmu.edu
> Assistant Professor of Economics, George Mason University
> MSN 1D3, Carow Hall, Fairfax VA 22030-4444
> 703-993-2326 FAX: 703-993-2323

#2 MichaelAnissimov

• 905 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 09:12 AM

I don't think this essay applies specifically enough to immortality to be a good entry. And while I enjoy most of Hanson's writings, I also suspect that this submission would differ in tone too much of the book to be useful.

#3 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 03:12 PM

Dear Professor Hanson

Thank you for offering the republication of your essay "If Uploads come first" for inclusion in the forthcoming book published by the Immortality Institute.
We have received a very encouraging response to our call, including a great number of quality original submissions written for the occasion especially. As you will understand, these entries will be treated with priority. We therefore regret to say, that your submission cannot be included in the book. Considering the interest and excellent response to the call, there will likely soon be future publications by the Institute. We would be very happy to see you participating again.

Best wishes
The Immortality Institute editorial team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users