You are very likely neurotypical

#3 Moonbeam

• 174 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:34 PM

Mine:

Your Aspie score: 78 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 144 of 200

It's funny, as I was doing it I thought I was going to be higher on the Aspie scale.

P.S. I just had my BF take it, and I would have diagnosed him as fairly high too, but he was lower than me. Interesting. I guess I'm just a little odd, and he's just antisocial, but no diagnoses.

Edited by Moonbeam, 23 November 2008 - 08:50 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:15 PM

Your Aspie score: 65 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 139 of 200

#5 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:38 PM

My score is:

Your Aspie score: 78 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 130 of 200

#6 NoDoubt

• 14 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:03 AM

Your Aspie score: 38 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 171 of 200

#7 shadowrun

• 327 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:04 PM

Your Aspie score: 143 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 94 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

wtf...

#8 Sasha_

• 77 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:44 AM

Bumping an old thread !

In my incessant quest in finding an answer to the question "what is wrong with me ?" , I recently stumbled upon that Aspie quiz, took it and scored about an equal amount for both traits. Prompted me to look back at my life, analyzing as many anecdotes as I could gather on my childhood and so on. And while I am enclined to think that a borderline mild aspie condition might be the cause for my lifelong feeling of inadequacy, I'd like to hear what others (NT, Aspies, anyone !) make of that test and the theory behind it.

#9 Sasha_

• 77 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:13 AM

Well, around 25 views and no comments in 24 hours, I suppose it won't get much attention round here, in a last attempt to bump the thread I will clarify on what I was hoping from people: reading anyone's point of view that would challenge/confirm the validity of such a quiz, and hearing about anyone who like me suspects they are neurotypical with a certain proportion of autistic traits. Or any Aspies who could shed some light on the matter !
Not really hoping to get much of an answer, meanwhile I'll start looking for Aspie forums where my request is more likely to be met. Cheers anyway !

#10 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

Sasha, did you do the test and what was your result? The test certainly has valid questions but I wonder if it might be worth getting someone who knows you well to take the test evaluating you. Also wonder if the weighting given to the questions is accurate. I came thru as NT but I think I have some aspie traits. I really think I have learnt to work around some of the difficulties and this may skew some of the results in my case. At the end of the day, it is largely just a label and you can take from it what you want. I feel a lot of people use the label as an excuse to not try improve on themselves and this is to their own detriment.

#11 Sasha_

• 77 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

Hey, thanks for answering. Fist time I took it I scored 93 aspie and 107 neurotypical, then did it a second time with the help of someone who knows me, and scored 83 aspie and 117 neurotypical. Also I took it in a different language the second time which made it easier to answer the questions more accurately I believe.
I am not looking for a label to hide behind, merely trying to identify the root of the problem, I guess what I'd like to find out is: in what way do other people like me (aspie/NT) find themselves challenged, see if there is a pattern and therefore any validity to my intuition.

Edited by Sasha_, 17 December 2013 - 01:12 PM.

#12 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

Your Aspie score: 67 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 149 of 200

If you ran this test on the students in a graduate level science class, I suspect you'd see higher Aspie scores than if you ran it on random people you found at the bowling alley. Aspies tend to be "smart" in the academic sense, but are more like morons in terms of "emotional intelligence". Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory is an Aspie. I bring this up because LongeCity seems to attract smart people, and a lot of our members are Aspies.
  • Agree x 1

#13 lemonhead

• 165 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:24 AM

Your Aspie score: 156 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 47 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Edited by lemonhead, 10 March 2014 - 02:26 AM.

#14 trance

• 335 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:48 AM

Your Aspie score: 54 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 167 of 200

#15 lemonhead

• 165 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:49 PM

Do y'all think this is a valid tool?
My psychiatrist doesn't think I am autistic (since I don't engage in hand-flapping, etc.), but some smart, well-educated people (MD-PhDs) who have seen me very stressed out think I am. I definitely have some episodes where in retrospect, I think these traits are very obvious (during, I am not self-aware at all).

#16 trance

• 335 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:37 PM

You can take any online test with a grain of salt, of course. Some of the questions this one asks are seeking out obvious traits of autism and Asperger's syndrome.

Truly autistic symptoms are more physical in nature at times, and Asperger's is more of an internal social processing disorder, but with higher level functioning & physical abilities unimpaired than that of an autistic.

More informative comparison between the two here: http://www.autism-so...rgers-syndrome/

#17 Lobotomy

• 110 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:23 PM

Oh god this is just what the fad diagnosis generation needs, a confirmation bias. How about going to a Neurologist instead of WebMDing your life?

• Agree x 1

#18 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:14 PM

I filled out the raads with pen and paper. I only managed to get 77, which seems to be average for most common folk.

The linked test however has some terrible questions in comparison. Some similar questions on the RAADS are more specific, and to my mind trying to get at specific traits.

#19 redFishBlueFish

• 186 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:05 AM

I've taken this test and have been rated very high for autism. I know someone that deals with low and high functioning autistic children and advises me I am NOT autistic. Like Lobo said, go to a doc, not this website.

#20 phix

• 37 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:37 AM

You seem to have both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits

Great. I'm getting best of both worlds!  :happy:

#21 xxxxxxxx

• 41 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 November 2015 - 06:47 PM

Here's a shorter test that seems legitimate: http://www.wired.com/2001/12/aqtest/

I got a 43 where most officially diagnosed Aspies get 32+. Yes, I do have many, many autistic traits, but I feel I'm not *that* autistic! I would probably not get a formal diagnosis, in my opinion. However, aren't aspies supposed to be bad at self-assessment on these matters?  :dry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users