Photo

Piracetam Supplier Comparison

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Declmem

• 315 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:30 PM

Hi everyone

I'm wondering if anyone who has ordered Piracetam from 2 different sources has noticed any difference between the two sources, regarding the effects, the smell, the way it looks, and so on.

So far I have ordered from

- Bulk Nutrition
- Relentless Improvement

The substance itself is different looking, but I can't say with certainty whether they are different in terms of effect.

BN is so cheap that I want to continue ordering from them, but if there is a higher potency brand out there, I am willing to pay more.

Please let me know your thoughts or opinions.

Thanks!

#2 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:48 AM

Hi there.

I've ordered from both BN and RI. I couldn't tell the difference between RI's piracetam and BN's.

Edit: I guess the only diff is that with the RI product you don't have to experience the horribly malevolent taste of piracetam.

Edited by Ben - Aus, 02 December 2008 - 01:49 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 Declmem

• Topic Starter
  • 315 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:52 AM

Thanks a lot for the feedback

Has anyone tried Primaforce, NutraceuticsRx or Beyond-A-Century, and found a difference between brands?

#4 Declmem

• Topic Starter
  • 315 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:24 PM

Anyone tried the other brands? :-D

#5 Spiral Architect

• 79 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:28 PM

The BN stuff is cheap and it works. Why would anyone try anything else in the first place? :-D

#6 ak34

• 54 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:54 PM

They all come from the same place.....really, they do.

#7 Declmem

• Topic Starter
  • 315 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:28 PM

Yeah, I know you're probably right :-D

I just can't bring myself to go beyond the natural human tendency to associate value with increased cost.

Would still appreciate anyone's anecdotes though. Just curious. Hey, if they are all the same, then a bias either way could actually be even more interesting! :)

#8 Martolt

• 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:50 AM

A lot of it comes bulk from China and is tested here (like the stuff American Nutrition sells). Unfortunately, it is probably not tested for lead, melamine, and the many industrial poisons repeatedly found in and on Chinese-made stuff (not including Taiwan of course)).

Other Piracetam is made elsewhere. Primarily Belgium (UCB, who invented Piracetam in the first place) and Germany (ALIUD). Since quality control in both these countries is a few light-years ahead of Chinese manufacturing practices, personally I think it's worthwhile to stick with the stuff from UCB and ALIUD. Otherwise, who knows what you're getting...

Cheers

#9 Declmem

• Topic Starter
  • 315 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 04:49 PM

Which manufacturers are supplied by UCB and ALIUD?

Thanks

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#10 Martolt

• 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:07 PM

Which manufacturers are supplied by UCB and ALIUD?

Thanks

AFAIK, they just manufacture their own stuff. I get ALIUD PHARMA Piracetam AL 800, made in Germany, in foil packs. Sure, they cost more than the bulk stuff from China, but you know what you are putting in your body.

Considering the lack of both quality control and rule of law in China, buying pharmaceuticals from them seems like a very dicey proposition. For all anyone knows, the part of the Chinese bulk stuff that turns pink is groundup Falun Gong members... *noir humor alert*

But hey, to each their own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users