• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Nova Mente Undergraduate Research Initiative?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#31 modelcadet

• 443 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:24 AM

There's an open meeting tomorrow for this project at 5pm EST. All who wish to collaborate are invited to join us here:

Our plan is to go over the constitution and work on refining our vision, including a brainstorming session to come up with a list of projects for undergraduate researchers. If you message me before hand, we can also skype

#32 JohnDoe1234

• 1,097 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:40 PM

Yes, we are on that. Modelcadet and Mind and some others are in the process of asking some key people about this, and I have emailed a few people including the people at biomind. Some of us are trying to take this one step at a time through project #46 here. We have steps 1 through 3 done and are now working on step 4.

Awesome

Im hoping we can get your project in on this too. Could you direct me to an outline of what its all about? If it can directly benefit life extension along the way then we'll run it past some people and if you want to get some undergrads in on helping with it then we can look into that, now, or like you say, a year or two down the road.

I can get you an outline, but my design definitely needs some more time to mature before I could accept any financial grants/awards because it wouldn't be as effective as funding a novamente-based project.

There's an open meeting tomorrow for this project at 5pm EST. All who wish to collaborate are invited to join us here:

Our plan is to go over the constitution and work on refining our vision, including a brainstorming session to come up with a list of projects for undergraduate researchers. If you message me before hand, we can also skype

I think I missed this one, but I'll try to join in on the next one (if there is one)

#33 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:55 PM

You didn't miss it. It is right now, on Thursday, 5pm EST.

Imminst has some free server space and 3 additional IP addresses that are being unused, I was thinking we could allow Teme to use one of these IP addresses to get up and running. I think the Board will have to approve.

#34 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:55 PM

You didnt miss it yet, it starts in 15 minutes. Modelcadet is looking for people to skype in too if anybody is interested.

#35 modelcadet

• 443 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:35 PM

We're meeting again today, Thursday at 5pm eastern time @

Edited by modelcadet, 19 February 2009 - 08:35 PM.

#36 modelcadet

• 443 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:14 PM

We're meeting today (2/26/09) at 5pm EST. Come join us at the Sunday Evening Update channel.

Ok, I got a hold of Ben and he said he had a couple of research ideas in mind through which we could use OpenBiomind. He said at least one of the project members would need to know command-line Java to get it done.

This is just one possible avenue to start out with, but it does not need to be the only possibility. It might help that we have a friend in Ben. If we can propose a focused project to start out with (perhaps with biomind), then we are more likely to garner support and be successful.

#37 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:29 PM

http://www.imminst.o...ion-t28529.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users