Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Electric Toothbrush Review

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wydell

• 503 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:05 PM

So, I just bought a new electric toothbrush. I used sonic care for the past seven years on the advice of a dentist. Neither sonic care nor a regular tooth brush did a really good job at cleaning my teeth.

Last week, I bought an inexpensive $30 Braun Oral-B vitality. I have to tell you that I feel that I have been using the wrong toothbrush for years. The inexpensive Oral-B (the kind with the rotating head) cleaned my teeth 10 times better than the sonic care (or a regular tooth brush), and the replacement brushes are one tenth the price of sonic care.

I guess I am now an Oral-B evangelist. I wish I would have known this years ago.

#2 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:20 PM

The sonic care is indeed a piece of crap as you have discovered. My fiancee is a dental assistant and her mother is a hygienist, working in the same office. Everyone at the office including the dentist uses the Oral-B triumph toothbrush.

A Phillips sales representative came by giving a pitch on the new improved sonic care, and gave out free trial toothbrushes to everyone. His sales pitch centered on the fact that it was "gentler" than the Oral-B and better for people with sensitive teeth or gums.

I knew right away that it was not working as well -- my teeth would still feel dirty after brushing. I switched back to the Oral-B immediately. Olga continued to use it for a couple months, went in for a cleaning with her mother, and unsurprisingly had more plaque than ever before.

When the Phillips representative returned a few months later for feedback, EVERYONE in the office had stopped using the Sonic Care in favor of the Oral-B Triumph. He whined "but isn't the Oral-B to harsh"? Even the older women said no, it was fine. Vigorous action is apparently required to clean the teeth sufficiently.

#3 telus

• 8 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:45 PM

Any need to worry about battery leaks in my elec brush with all those moving parts?

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 fawnie

• 25 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:58 AM

Does anyone know anything about Ultreo, a recently marketed electric that states it has "ULTRASOUND" technology?
How is this different from Sonicare's "ULTRASONIC" technology?
Do we need ultrasound in our toothbrushes now?
Any studies to back it up?

PS/ Ultreo's Ultrasound replacement heads are $63 each.....

Edited by fawnie, 19 February 2009 - 02:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users