• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Who is using Tween 80 Resveratrol supplement.

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:39 AM

Im thinking about giving this a try. Can I get some feedback from others who have experience with this? Thanks and a tip of the hat to you!

#2 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:05 PM

Im thinking about giving this a try. Can I get some feedback from others who have experience with this? Thanks and a tip of the hat to you!

Apparently this is an improper question. Ethics are a good thing, you dont want this board to become an advertisement venue.

Edited by 2tender, 03 January 2009 - 02:09 PM.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:53 AM

Apparently this is an improper question. Ethics are a good thing, you dont want this board to become an advertisement venue.

Mine came in the mail today. I will keep you posted if I notice anything. This is the first time I have used Resveratrol.

#4 geddarkstorm

• 191 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:10 PM

Mine came in the mail today. I will keep you posted if I notice anything. This is the first time I have used Resveratrol.

Awesome, please do, it'll be very interesting to see. I have some being ordered, but as a gift for the fiancee, but at least I'll note if anything major changes with her verses the current resveratrol source we use.

#5 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:52 AM

Thanks for posting, Im sure Im not the only one who has an interest in this.

#6 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:41 AM

Resveratrol is not usually the kind of thing that you notice, although there could be some effects that are noticeable. For example, people with inflammatory problems sometimes notice an anti-inflammatory effect. At high enough doses, you might notice improved endurance. But a lot of the gene expression changes aren't going to be something you feel. For example, if you don't have a stroke tomorrow, you will probably not feel much different than today. So is nothing happening? Well, you didn't have a stroke...

Regarding ethics and this forum becoming an advertising venue... The Tween 80 Resveratrol formulation, from, you know, that secret vendor, is a unique thing that's only available in one place. People want to know about it. I think in a case like this it's ok to talk about our experiences with it or say what we know about it. This is a service to the community. If it encourages more people to buy it, or puts people off from buying it, so what? As long as what we say is factual, I don't see any ethical problems. If we were lying about a product just to get people to buy it, that would be unethical.

#7 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:44 AM

I agree with Niner. However I do feel as if the Resveratrol has increased my sex drive a little and erection strength. Thou I cannot be 100% sure it is the Resveratrol. I'll let you guys know if I notice anything else.

#8 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:33 AM

I bought some and am waitng for it. I also purchased Longevinex. I plan to run them on an alternating eod basis. The libido boost and increased stamina is an effect of the Res. I had been using a transdermal Res. but developed skin irritation. I had used it long ago got similar benefits, but developed a sensitivity to the emodin and subsequently stopped. Now, hopefully, the emodin content has been eliminated or lessened. The benefits of Res. are just too good to pass up, provided you can control or eliminate the sides

#9 Ringostarr

• 87 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:15 PM

I still do not know what the negative side effects of ingesting pure resveratrol are (i.e. with no emodin) - maby tendonitis, mabe? It appears GSK did not note any either. As for positive side effects: perhaps increased libido, more energy, deeper & more restful sleeps, and 10 years or so longer life and living these 10 years in good health. Let's hope what we think is happening is actually happening.

#10 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:56 AM

I still do not know what the negative side effects of ingesting pure resveratrol are (i.e. with no emodin) - maby tendonitis, mabe? It appears GSK did not note any either. As for positive side effects: perhaps increased libido, more energy, deeper & more restful sleeps, and 10 years or so longer life and living these 10 years in good health. Let's hope what we think is happening is actually happening.It clearly is, I used this approx 12 yrs ago and noticed increased stamina, libido, mood, strength etc. The only reason I quit using it was the emodins laxative effect. I did notice some tendinitis that resolved after decreasing the dose. Eventually this product will be perfected. Hopefully a combination of the Tween and longevinex will produce the effects Im looking for, I will make comments on this.

#11 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:01 AM

Ringostarr, thanks for posting. I goofed my reply somehow in the quote.

#12 Ringostarr

• 87 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:10 AM

Ringostarr, thanks for posting. I goofed my reply somehow in the quote.

Welcome back to Resveratrol. We have some good days ahead.

#13 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:40 AM

Agreed, my friend, the dream still lives!

#14 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:05 PM

Im on day 6 of Resveratrol, better mood, more stamina, better workouts, its not placebo effect. So far, no gastro problems or joint pain. Skin condition improving, the Tween 80 seems to be good on digestion, without food. The Longevinex should be taken with food though, can give mild stomach upset otherwise. This substance has been around for years, it was mentioned by LEF over a decade ago, the problem was the emodin sides. Perhaps this is best used on a cyclical basis. There is supposed to be little to no emodin in these products. Hopefully I will be able to incorporate this into a regular regimen.

#15 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:09 PM

Steve 86, how is yours going? Still experiencing improvements or otherwise?

#16 Houstonian

• 16 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:51 PM

...the Tween 80 seems to be good on digestion, without food.

Thought I read resveratrol benefits you if taken after (or during?) your meal? Perhaps you have a handy article explaining otherwise that you could post.

Thanks

#17 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:44 PM

Sorry, no article, I think it may be a moot point as to the timing of ingestion and stomach content. I think the idea is to maintain a consistent level of Res. over pronlonged periods of time. This can be acheived through a variety of ways and right now I think the Tween 80 may be the best.

#18 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:01 AM

Ive been using Res. alternating longevinex and tween80 eod for a week now. I have noticed an increase in stamina, feelings of well-being and an attenuation of an existing dry skin problem. I cant say it would do this for everyone. Im quite sure its not placebo.

#19 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:40 AM

Ive been using Res. alternating longevinex and tween80 eod for a week now. I have noticed an increase in stamina, feelings of well-being and an attenuation of an existing dry skin problem. I cant say it would do this for everyone. Im quite sure its not placebo.

How do you know these are not placebo effects?

#20 suspire

• 583 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:32 AM

How do you know these are not placebo effects?

Good question, since I've been using Tween for about 3 weeks now without any of these effects. Then again, I never seem to notice any positive or negative effects of any supplement that I take.

#21 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:05 PM

Steve 86, how is yours going? Still experiencing improvements or otherwise?

Hey,

I still feel my sex drive etc is better and that it is not placebo. I also have a greater feeling of well-being (could be placebo) and a slightly more restful sleep.

I have been taking the Tween80 product first thing every morning.

I wonder if I should drop 300mg of Silymarin every night (pro-estrogen) as cutting it out may enhance the testosterone boosting effect of Resveratrol?

Edited by Steve_86, 30 January 2009 - 08:06 PM.

#22 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:44 PM

Yes, I think that would be a good decision, silymarin seems to work best cycled short term, Res. probably is more effective than previously thought for some people. I have experienced some mild gastro disturbances and perhaps the other subjective feelings are placebo or unrelated to Res.

Edited by 2tender, 31 January 2009 - 12:01 AM.

#23 nbourbaki

• 106 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:25 AM

I've just started on Tween 80 product. I've taken Resveratrol before with both the Longevinex and Country Life in fairly high doses and the only thing I couldn't help but notice was the laxitive effect. I've only been taking the Tween product for less than a week and my mood has improved and I'm better able to stand the cold. I never noticed either of those two attributes with the other Res products I've taken.

#24 nbourbaki

• 106 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:27 AM

I've just started on Tween 80 product. I've taken Resveratrol before with both the Longevinex and Country Life in fairly high doses and the only thing I couldn't help but notice was the laxitive effect. I've only been taking the Tween product for less than a week and my mood has improved and I'm better able to stand the cold. I never noticed either of those two attributes with the other Res products I've taken. And, I'm not on the toilet all day!!!

Edited by nbourbaki, 01 February 2009 - 05:29 AM.

#25 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:39 PM

Approximately the same here. The last time I took oral Res. the GI problems didnt happen right away, took about 6 wks.

#26 stevei

• 18 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:49 PM

Is anyone worried that the high peak plasma level of the Tween 80 based resveratrol might actually be harmful? From the graphs on the manufacturer's website, I estimate that peak plasma level could be approximately 18x that of a standard non-micronized resveratrol supplement. I calculate this from graph 1 showing an HPMC/DOSS emulsion to provide a peak plasma level approx 3.6x standard resveratrol, and graph 2 showing a Tween 80 emulsion to provide a peak plasma level approx 3.4x HPMC/DOSS emulsion. 3.4 x 3.6 = 12.2, but on top of that, the dosage for the standard non-micronized resveratrol was 50% higher than the HPMC/DOSS emulsion, so we might conclude that for the same dosage, the Tween 80 emulsion would give an 18x higher peak plasma level. I am making the assumption that the Tween 80 dosage was the same as the HPMC/DOSS dosage - the graph doesn't state this, but it would not have made sense for it to be different in the study, so I am assuming it was the same.

So, if we go with the figure of 18x, this would mean that taking a single 250mg Tween 80 capsule is giving the same peak plasma level as 4500mg of standard non-micronized resveratrol. I appreciate that in humans, the peak plasma levels may not correspond in this way, and in other respects, the dosages will certainly not correspond in this way.

For a 70kg human, 4500mg is 64mg/kg. Using a conversion factor of 7 for mice/humans, this gives a mouse dosage of 450mg/kg, which is pretty much the upper limit of what anyone would want to be consuming.

On the one hand, it is possible that the high peak plasma level is very beneficial. On the other hand, if we are concerned about possible harmful side effects of high dosage, should this be cause for concern?

Edited by stevei, 07 February 2009 - 12:50 PM.

#27 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:52 PM

Stevei, thanks for mentioning that and thowing the math out there. It is a rather strong dosage and Ive limited my use to less of the Tween 80 and more towards the longevinex to avoid any related sides. Right now 3 days a week is good for me.

#28 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:59 PM

That's interesting,

I was estimating the 250mg cap as being equivalent or better than 1000mg of regular dry resveratrol.

Stevei, if your calculations are right, are you saying that it is possible that the tween80 capsule is the same or better than the Sirtris SRT501?

Remember they used 2.5 grams and 5 grams in a Phase I study on humans, not 250mg that is in the capsule.

Cheers
A

#29 stevei

• 18 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:54 PM

Stevei, if your calculations are right, are you saying that it is possible that the tween80 capsule is the same or better than the Sirtris SRT501?

I couldn't comment on how it compares to Sirtris SRT501, I was just comparing peak plasma level with plain resveratrol. Peak levels in humans might not show the same relationships as in mice. Also, the graphs show plasma level dropping back down quickly, and then possibly even dropping below plain resveratrol, so any effects on the body that are driven by duration of exposure to a low level won't be equivalent to such a high dose of plain resveratrol.

So it is entirely possible that the overall effect is more like 1000mg rather than the 4500mg that the peak plasma level is equivalent to. My point was just that we don't really know what effects on the human body are driven by which factors - peak level, or area under the graph, or duration of exposure, perhaps above a threshold. A high peak level could be a very positive thing in terms of driving some positive effects. But it cannot be discounted that it could also be a driver of some negative effects that would otherwise only be seen with a very high dosage.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:35 PM

I like your point of view, however, I dont think there is any inherent toxicity associated with this product and that most people would be safe with daily ingestion, even on a long term, no-break basis. Individuals that are prone to the "sides" should take less, perhaps EOD. Once a certain level of Resveratrol has built up in the system anymore may lead to un-wanted sides such as elbow tendinitis, GI irritation etc. Once we learn what level our bodies will tolerate we can go from there. IMO Tween 80 is the best Resveratrol product out there, in terms of purity, strength and bio-availability, Longevinex is also good in terms of compounded synergy. I think that combining these 2 is a great way to supplement. Im having positive results doing so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users