• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Who is using Tween 80 Resveratrol supplement.

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31 joe57777

• 74 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:24 PM

I am interested in doing the same. You say that you are taking both Longevinex and Tween 80 every other day. What dosages of each are you taking and how many times per day are you taking it? I would think (but I could be wrong if anybody at this point in time knows different) that I want Resveratrol in my system throughout the day. Therefore, if 400mg was the daily dose (for example) I would think that instead of taking all 400mg once a day in the morning, I would take 100mg in the morning, then 100mg at noon, another 100mg at dinner, and the last 100mg at bedtime. What is best? And how much per day for a 165 lb male to start with? Also what are the positive effects you are feeling? Some people say that Resveratrol is not suppose to make you feel much different. Instead you are just just suppose to not develop cancer, high blood sugar, high blood pressure, and a wide variety of old age diseases, etc... But how convenient of a marketing tool is that? I have a pill that you will not feel any feel or notice anything much different when taking it, but you may not develop any old age diseases. If I am wrong, what are my consequences? Probably not much. In fact, the longer you stay healthy on your own, the better my claim will seem. If I do get in trouble somehow for false claims, I would have made enough money in sales to pay for the lawsuit and retire at the same time. Some companies do this. I was just trying to make a good point here. Anyway, I am interested in Resveratrol not only for it's internal benefits in the body, but also for it's external benefits outside the body. Because it does not seem possible for a substance or molecule to be able to stop cell damage which allows cells to reproduce in complete healthy form, yet I have not heard many, if any, reports from people using resveratrol that they have noticed less wrinkles and thicker skin. Doesn't healthy cell reproduction not play a key roll in how much our face wrinkles as well as how thick our skin stays? In addition, would the claim that Resveratrol changes the body's inner mechanism to burn fat cells? If so, would that not decrease our outer body fat? Or do we need to rely on HGH injections for younger skin and less wrinlkes?

Joe

#32 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:06 AM

Im taking Tween 80 one day then longevinex the next at once daily dosing, its an economical and reasonable approach, if I feel sides I skip a day .I dont think dosing more than once a day is needed but dosing regularly is. Stay with it and see how you feel, regular exercise helps release endogenous hormones.

Edited by 2tender, 09 February 2009 - 01:07 AM.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:09 AM

Im taking Tween 80 one day then longevinex the next at once daily dosing, its an economical and reasonable approach, if I feel sides I skip a day .I dont think dosing more than once a day is needed but dosing regularly is. Stay with it and see how you feel, regular exercise helps release endogenous hormones.

So is that 100mg longevinex one day and one Tween-80 the next?

at 180lbs, I've been taking 200-300mg longevinex for a year and reported some of my positive stamina experiences on the "optimal dose" thread. (Ive known two who stopped after 1)upset stomach 2)"felt strange" [I felt strangeness around day 7 but lasted a few hours, and I was at 500mg the first week] but the rest seem to either like it and have no problem) I'm thinking of getting Tween 80 as well, so I'm curious what dose or combination people are taking.

I'm not sure either companies micronized methods improve things, but I don't know.

By the way, others have mentioned skin, and I noticed around the six month mark that my skin was very smooth. Strangely smooth, and I didn't expect this at all. My girlfriend felt my back and legs and thought it was great. Still, I wondered if due to resveratrol.

Edited by Holmes, 15 February 2009 - 02:19 AM.

#34 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:03 PM

I dont think that combining them daily will enhance their efficacy. I think the Longevinex should be and perhaps can be better utilized taken with vitamin K. The rec. dose fot the Tween 80 is once daily.After approximately a month of alternating the 2 at once daily dosage I feel that the Tween 80 is easier on digestion and probably best taken early in the day, on an empty stomach. I havent noticed any difference in epidermal, other than a slight alleviation in dryness. My dentist did remark that my gums looked to be in great shape. I dont know if I can attribute that to Resveratrol. I can, however say that my stamina, mood, and sleep quality is somewhat better and the only thing Ive added to my basic regimen is Resveratrol, hopefully this is not placebo and can be sustained. I hope that helps you JMO.

Edited by 2tender, 15 February 2009 - 01:14 PM.

#35 chabbo

• 31 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:12 PM

I have been a lurker for several years now, but recently joined to help add to the discussion here about the effects and experiences with resveratrol. First, a little bit about me. I am a Type 1 diabetic -- have been for 34 years. I eat a low carb, primarily vegan diet and fast twice per week. On the days I do eat, I eat between 4:30 pm and 7:30 pm. I eat a high fat diet consisting of 70% natural fats of raw nuts and seeds, olives and coconut oil, with lots of non-starchy raw or slightly steamed vegetables, and a few berries once or twice a week. I eat fatty fish like salmon once or twice per month. I have been doing this religiously for several years now. All my life I have exercised using weights and aerobic exercise. I was able to lower my insulin needs by a little over 55% since starting my low carb diet about 4 years ago. I test by glucose levels 6-8 times per day, and have been doing this for the past 4 years. Now, this is where it gets interesting. After reading in this forum about resveratrol possibly improving insulin sensitivity and after actually experiencing lower blood glucose from meals when I drink red wine, I thought I would try reseveratrol to see if it could improve my daily insulin needs and my glucose levels. I started taking the Tween 80 Res 250 mg supplement about 10 days ago. Almost immediately (within hours), I noticed an effect on my blood glucose because my glucose levels went lower than I had expected within hours. I had to start lowering my injected insulin ever since and I continue to do so to this day, albeit at much smaller increments. In fact, I am not sure I have reached a plateau of its effects in this respect even to this day. Anyway, I have had to reduce my daily injected insulin to where I am injecting 30-35% less total daily insulin!! I have confirmed that res has improved my sensitivity to insulin through a test. Before res, when I would walk briskly on the treadmill, my glucose levels would drop 30 points for every 10 minutes of walking. I could basically set my watch to this effect over the past 4 years. After res, my glucose levels have dropped 50 points every 10 minutes -- that is a 60% improvement in insulin sensitivity at least while aerobic exercising! Also, my morning, fasting glucose readings are the best they have ever been -- between 75 and 125. Before res, I routinely reached fasting levels of 150-180 (due to the dawn phenomenon effect, where my liver dumps glucose into my system in the early morning hours to get my body up and ready for the day, but because I cannot produce insulin my glucose levels increase). So, I have definitely noticed much greater insulin sensitivity and reduced hepatic glucose production. Let me also say this -- I have tried many supplements that claim to help diabetics improve their glucose levels, and this is the only one that has had such dramatic effects in actually doing so. I also have noticed greater energy, vitality and exercise tolerance, but have not been on it long enough to rule out the possibility of the placebo effects in these benefits.

I have read where some people have experienced weight loss while on res and others have not. I would posit that perhaps this is due to the effects res may have on insulin sensitivity -- the less insulin your body requires, the more likely you are to lose weight since insulin is a fat storage hormone -- but this is just my theory.

Hope this helps, but I have been able to actually document the effects res has on my lower insulin needs and glucose readings. I am surprised more diabetics have not reported similar documented effects on this forum.

#36 chabbo

• 31 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:19 PM

I have been a lurker for several years now, but recently joined to help add to the discussion here about the effects and experiences with resveratrol. First, a little bit about me. I am a Type 1 diabetic -- have been for 34 years. I eat a low carb, primarily vegan diet and fast twice per week. On the days I do eat, I eat between 4:30 pm and 7:30 pm. I eat a high fat diet consisting of 70% natural fats of raw nuts and seeds, olives and coconut oil, with lots of non-starchy raw or slightly steamed vegetables, and a few berries once or twice a week. I eat fatty fish like salmon once or twice per month. I have been doing this religiously for several years now. All my life I have exercised using weights and aerobic exercise. I was able to lower my insulin needs by a little over 55% since starting my low carb diet about 4 years ago. I test by glucose levels 6-8 times per day, and have been doing this for the past 4 years. Now, this is where it gets interesting. After reading in this forum about resveratrol possibly improving insulin sensitivity and after actually experiencing lower blood glucose from meals when I drink red wine, I thought I would try reseveratrol to see if it could improve my daily insulin needs and my glucose levels. I started taking the Tween 80 Res 250 mg supplement about 10 days ago. Almost immediately (within hours), I noticed an effect on my blood glucose because my glucose levels went lower than I had expected within hours. I had to start lowering my injected insulin ever since and I continue to do so to this day, albeit at much smaller increments. In fact, I am not sure I have reached a plateau of its effects in this respect even to this day. Anyway, I have had to reduce my daily injected insulin to where I am injecting 30-35% less total daily insulin!! I have confirmed that res has improved my sensitivity to insulin through a test. Before res, when I would walk briskly on the treadmill, my glucose levels would drop 30 points for every 10 minutes of walking. I could basically set my watch to this effect over the past 4 years. After res, my glucose levels have dropped 50 points every 10 minutes -- that is a 60% improvement in insulin sensitivity at least while aerobic exercising! Also, my morning, fasting glucose readings are the best they have ever been -- between 75 and 125. Before res, I routinely reached fasting levels of 150-180 (due to the dawn phenomenon effect, where my liver dumps glucose into my system in the early morning hours to get my body up and ready for the day, but because I cannot produce insulin my glucose levels increase). So, I have definitely noticed much greater insulin sensitivity and reduced hepatic glucose production. Let me also say this -- I have tried many supplements that claim to help diabetics improve their glucose levels, and this is the only one that has had such dramatic effects in actually doing so. I also have noticed greater energy, vitality and exercise tolerance, but have not been on it long enough to rule out the possibility of the placebo effects in these benefits.

I have read where some people have experienced weight loss while on res and others have not. I would posit that perhaps this is due to the effects res may have on insulin sensitivity -- the less insulin your body requires, the more likely you are to lose weight since insulin is a fat storage hormone -- but this is just my theory.

Hope this helps, but I have been able to actually document the effects res has on my lower insulin needs and glucose readings. I am surprised more diabetics have not reported similar documented effects on this forum.

#37 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:07 PM

After many days of use, I really prefer the "Nitro 250" product over the other in terms of digestion and effect. I think the other should be taken with a vitamin K supplement to get the enhancement of the added ingrediants. The Tween 80 seems to be working out well.

#38 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:56 PM

Hi 2tender,

I have been hearing that alot lately.
It appears that the Micronized resveratrol & Tween 80 in our liquid capsules are easier to digest over the dry powder capsules.

I suppose that is an additional benefit I overlooked.

A

#39 hmm

• 143 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:19 PM

Hi 2tender,

I have been hearing that alot lately.
It appears that the Micronized resveratrol & Tween 80 in our liquid capsules are easier to digest over the dry powder capsules.

I suppose that is an additional benefit I overlooked.

A

I was waiting for some extra time to pass before making the same judgement, but I think 2 weeks on Tween80 is a reasonable marker for me, since in my present state I couldn't have gone 2 weeks on powder alone (and I suspect my sensitivity was caused or hastened by taking rsv powder mixed with alcohol for a number of months). It looks like Tween80 will allow me to keep going with rsv at 500 mg per day, though the glory days of downing 2 or 3 grams of powder at a time appear to be over...

#40 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:28 PM

I agree that the Tween 80 has been much easier on digestion, than the formulation product and previous powdered capsule product I have used. Im sure some people dont have problems with other products or have problems that are tolerable. So for individuals that are prone the Nitro 250 is best for now. JMO

#41 bdelfin

• 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:37 AM

I don't know about peak dose, but when I tried to estimate the AUC compared to a regular powder dose of 250 mg., based on the graphs, it was roughly 13x as much. However, the graphs provided referred to resveratrol micronized to an average size of 1 micron. But the product-that-shall-not-be-named uses resveratrol micronized to an average size of 1.5 microns. So that should definitely lower the absorption ratio, but I'm not sure by how much. I assume it would produce similar percentage reduction in the peak level, which should be factored into the earlier estimate.

I'm hoping to get one clue about the dose being received if I get the same benefits for my "tolio" [tm maxwatt] that maxwatt did. If I do, I'll assume it's at least around 10x. If I don't, I'll try adding 500 mg. of 99% regular, non-micronized resveratrol and wait for three months, then another, and see if that helps.

The question is: does the AUC have anything to do with the impact of resveratrol? Or is it all about the peak level?

#42 xraydave

• 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:03 PM

hi
Ihave been on the tween 80 product for 5 weeks, after 3 weeks my skin is smoother and softer, also i am 57 and age related keratosis on my back and sun damage on face is fading. I saw my dermatologist Dec 08 and 3 days ago confirms this change. I have done nothing slse different except the resveratrol so it likely is the cause. This happened in Maine winter which tends to dry out skin.
I have seen improvement in exercise, especially recovery time but this could be due to just better shape since last month. I had no muscle or tendon or stomach problems as reported by some posters.
Have others seen similiar skin changes?
xraydave

#43 geddarkstorm

• 191 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:55 PM

I don't know about peak dose, but when I tried to estimate the AUC compared to a regular powder dose of 250 mg., based on the graphs, it was roughly 13x as much. However, the graphs provided referred to resveratrol micronized to an average size of 1 micron. But the product-that-shall-not-be-named uses resveratrol micronized to an average size of 1.5 microns. So that should definitely lower the absorption ratio, but I'm not sure by how much. I assume it would produce similar percentage reduction in the peak level, which should be factored into the earlier estimate.

I'm hoping to get one clue about the dose being received if I get the same benefits for my "tolio" [tm maxwatt] that maxwatt did. If I do, I'll assume it's at least around 10x. If I don't, I'll try adding 500 mg. of 99% regular, non-micronized resveratrol and wait for three months, then another, and see if that helps.

The question is: does the AUC have anything to do with the impact of resveratrol? Or is it all about the peak level?

Just thought to throw out some ideas since no one has replied to this yet.

Totally just my opinion, but I think AUC is more important to resveratrol function than peak concentration. If resveratrol is activating Nampt (or even if Sirt1 directly, as unlikely as that seems now), then the longer it keeps Nampt active, the higher the chance you'll get a nice positive feedback loop, where Nampt activity activates Sirt1 which activates AMPK which in turn activates more Nampt activity. The longer the exposure to the exogenous (resveratrol) activation signal, the longer this pathway, and all subsequently activated dependent pathways (i.e. PGC-1alpha), will be active. Because this takes time, even a sudden, intense burst of Nampt activity (high peak concentration) may not last long enough for the feedback to set up.

Now, you still need an AUC that's above the critical concentration for resveratrol to activate it's effectors, so it is not an either/or sort of deal. You want the highest peak and AUC. But if you have to sacrifice some peak for more AUC, I would do so. This also is in line with the way resveratrol is given to animals in the in vivo studies: in their food, eaten slowly throughout a day, which would most likely give a large AUC and small peak.

On the other hand, some other resveratrol effects, such as anti-tumor activity, may need a high peak concentration -- as once those apoptotic signals are started, it's a done deal, and constant stimulation is not necessary, while at the same time they have a very high threshold for activation in the first place.

Edited by geddarkstorm, 07 March 2009 - 05:58 PM.

#44 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:18 AM

Thanks for posting that. I think you have more than a basic understanding of this subject. Have you ever heard of 7, 8, Benzoflavone (a passionflower extract) having similar effects as Resveratrol?

#45 nancyd

• 249 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:13 PM

I was going to buy this product until I looked up side effects of tween 80. I found an article that said it's toxic and causes infertility. Is this info worth considering or sensationalism?

#46 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:39 PM

I think anything is toxic if you take too much of it and what too much is may vary from person to person. Ive been using the product you mentioned exclusively for over a month and it seems okay. This product wouldnt be around if it wasnt selling, meaning that; people arent getting bad side effects. Maybe Anthony could chime in and tell us how much Tween 80 is in a bowl of ice cream compared to the amount in a capsule of the Nitro 250.

#47 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:40 PM

I was going to buy this product until I looked up side effects of tween 80. I found an article that said it's toxic and causes infertility. Is this info worth considering or sensationalism?

Sensationalism, as the mouse studies state you need to inject mice with polysorbate 80, as orally taken it does none of these things.

As a side note, no supplement should be injected. They are not made for this purpose. If you want to know of other supplements that contain tween 80, check out many of the CoQ10 supplements. Although many CoQ10 supplements have this for the same purposes the tween 80 resveratrol supplement has it, no one appears to complain about it, and consumer labs passes all of the CoQ10 supplements with tween 80, with flying colors.

So unless you open up a bunch of capsules, put the emulsion liquid into a syringe, and inject it directly into a vein... you should have no issues just like the many CoQ10 supplements available everywhere...

Cheers
A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 05 April 2009 - 10:44 PM.

#48 fatboy

• 286 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:42 PM

I've been taking it b.i.d. for over a month now. Haven't noticed any sides, I am primarily interested in any fasting glucose effects.

#49 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:45 PM

... I am primarily interested in any fasting glucose effects.

And what have you noticed personally in regard to this?

#50 fatboy

• 286 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:18 AM

... I am primarily interested in any fasting glucose effects.

And what have you noticed personally in regard to this?

Nothing statistically significant. But I didn't expect such.

#51 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:23 AM

tried the nitro 250 w/ tween yesterday. stuff is crazy good/strong. lot of endurance/energy.

am i the only person who thinks a sustained release resveratrol might be a more healthy product rather than a massive 1-2 hr spike of resv?

or am i miss understanding resveratrol and how it functions innately?

#52 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:54 PM

tried the nitro 250 w/ tween yesterday. stuff is crazy good/strong. lot of endurance/energy.

am i the only person who thinks a sustained release resveratrol might be a more healthy product rather than a massive 1-2 hr spike of resv?

or am i miss understanding resveratrol and how it functions innately?

Res increases one's NAD/NADH ratio, which is associated with longevity and an effect shown by other putative CR mimetics.
Recently I posted about a study showing NAD to vary in a circadian rhythm, and disturbing the cycle had deleterious effects in rodents. (Part of an as-yet-unpublished PhD thesis, read at a paper at a conference in Brighton England.) Consequently I take my resveratrol only in the morning, and find I have better results so far. Taking resveratrol continuously through the day is not, IMO, a good idea. I also think a two day break once a week is helpful. I also believe, based on my experience and that of people I have been working with, that the older one is, higher the dose needed, that the optimal dose for a given effect decreases with time, and that too much for your needs can lead to tendinitis-like symptoms. Also genetics is a factor; Asians do not in general sulfonate as efficiently as Europeans, and so attain a higher serum level for a given dose. Luteolin inhibits sulfonation 10 times better than quercetin, some have used these to increase serum levels, but they may have effects of their own. I have quite a bit of luteolin on hand from a batch I supplied to a university researcher; if anyone has a legitimate need for research purposes PM me.

Probably the highest peak serum level attainable is best; I'd expect once genes are switched on they remain so for a period of time, or their effects linger. You'd want the highest concentration to activate the most genes in the most tissue possible. The Tween80 cocktail likely attains the highest peak per gram of anything we have been able to try so far. Homebrews with other surfactants such as lecithin are a pain to make properly. Stirring for an hour is inconvenient. HPMC gives similar effects to Tween80, some of us are still using it, though mixing is less convenient than a capsule. Anthony, I salute you.

#53 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:47 PM

I concur with the majority of Maxwalts observations. It is best to take it within 3 hours of awakening, it may be wise to skip it some days, however, I dont think the dose needs to be increased over a period of time, that has not been my experience so far, the 250 has been adequate (and the TD Im using on occasion). I wouldnt want a time release version, Ive read that its in your system for 24 hrs as is and I think it would interfere with sleep. JMO

#54 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:47 AM

... I dont think the dose needs to be increased over a period of time, that has not been my experience so far, the 250 has been adequate (and the TD Im using on occasion).

Are you taking 250mg of quercetin at the same time?

#55 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:38 AM

>>> I concur with the majority of Maxwalts observations. It is best to take it within 3 hours of awakening <<<

So, are people taking resveratrol in the morning?
It seems to lower my energy levels if I take it upon awakening, - I'd have to drink a pot of coffee to smooth this out.

#56 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:43 AM

Can resveratrol lower cortisol? If relevant, wouldn't it be more 'practical' to supplement in the evening for some?

#57 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:52 AM

... I dont think the dose needs to be increased over a period of time, that has not been my experience so far, the 250 has been adequate (and the TD Im using on occasion).

Are you taking 250mg of quercetin at the same time?

No, Im not. Comments regarding use of Quercitin?

#58 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:57 AM

>>> I concur with the majority of Maxwalts observations. It is best to take it within 3 hours of awakening <<<

So, are people taking resveratrol in the morning?
It seems to lower my energy levels if I take it upon awakening, - I'd have to drink a pot of coffee to smooth this out.

Thats exactly when I take mine, after 3 cups of instant coffee. What type of Res. are you taking? It could a reaction from other supplements you are taking or maybe it just works better for you at night. I initially took it at night but it interfered with sleep.

Edited by 2tender, 22 April 2009 - 10:58 AM.

#59 hmm

• 143 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:48 PM

Anthony, I salute you.

Actually, this reminds me. When I read through some of the long 1-3 year threads, my memory is that Anthony said he was taking 2 grams of rsv per day in pill form (sorry if I have it wrong). But I haven't seen any recent updates by Anthony concerning his rsv regimen. Anthony, the biggest thing I am curious about is whether you are now using the Tween 80, and how much per day of whatever product are you currently taking?

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:11 AM

Hi,

I am taking 2 capsules of the Nitro250... (I guess it gives you an idea of what I think of them)

...and continue to take M98 in protein shakes as the shakes are yummy.

Cheers
A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users