• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

1Fast400/Bulk Nutrition piracetam: Density change?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Stan100

• 48 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:26 PM

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I just re-ordered some Piracetam from BN after reading some scares of FDA regulation. It just came in the other day and I noticed that the bottle seemed different. The new bottle was all black instead of white with a black cap, and the lid is different. So I thought, "That's neat, I wonder if the label is any different?" To my surprise, only one aspect of the label had changed. The attached picture is of my old bottle from BN and the new one, where the new one is 920 mg/quarter teaspoon, and the old one is 720 mg/quarter teaspoon.

Anywho, it could just be a typo since 920 and 720 are only a digit off, but it seems like a label would be a saved document that gets printed often and edited never. Does anyone have an explanation? Basic science tells me that densities don't change, but I'm not an expert or anything. I'm going to email the company after this. Any thoughts?

Attached Files

#2 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:30 PM

You can't trust the "weight per tsp" values on bulk powder products, they are never correct in my experience. Put your measuring spoon on the scale, zero the scale, fill the measuring spoon, weigh it again. Or put a little piece of paper on the scale, zero it, dump a given measuring spoon's worth on the paper, weigh it. That's the only way you will ever have accurate information.

Edited by FunkOdyssey, 26 January 2009 - 10:32 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 Stan100

• Topic Starter
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:28 PM

I got a VERY fast reply, so it would go in the plus category for the company. Below is the response:

batches of Piracetam differ on density from batch to batch. So that would mean that the 1/4 teaspoon measurement would differ on every batch. Other than that there is no different. both containers would weigh 700g less the weight of the bottle. Just some powder is more fluffy than others. Dennis

So the mystery is solved I guess. Does this deter anyone? I know that they're a huge company, but does anyone feel weird about a non-standard product?

#4 demitriden

• 17 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:17 AM

Just wondering, how do you guys consume yours? how bad is the smell/taste?

#5 Pike

• 517 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:23 AM

Honestly, I used to be skeptical of BN's products, because of their poor business ethic. Then I realized that the other vendors were really no better.

However, in all honesty, I'm starting to see the same from the rest of the vendors. I loved how all the vendors were screaming "RACETAM BAN!" and yet, for some reason, all the vendors seem to have restocked their racetams AT THE SAME TIME with the coming of the new year; including the "better" vendors who were yelling that they were "permanently discontinuing" the products in that line coughrelentlessimprovementcough, so at this point, I don't consider any of the vendors in good standing. Some just offer conveninces that others don't in the form of pills and whatnot. But I don't feel like paying hundreds of dollars a year for pills when I can just do it myself.

Summed up: BN = shitty business ethics. Everyone else = about the same.

#6 brain

• 148 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:12 AM

Honestly, I used to be skeptical of BN's products, because of their poor business ethic. Then I realized that the other vendors were really no better.

However, in all honesty, I'm starting to see the same from the rest of the vendors. I loved how all the vendors were screaming "RACETAM BAN!" and yet, for some reason, all the vendors seem to have restocked their racetams AT THE SAME TIME with the coming of the new year; including the "better" vendors who were yelling that they were "permanently discontinuing" the products in that line coughrelentlessimprovementcough, so at this point, I don't consider any of the vendors in good standing. Some just offer conveninces that others don't in the form of pills and whatnot. But I don't feel like paying hundreds of dollars a year for pills when I can just do it myself.

Summed up: BN = shitty business ethics. Everyone else = about the same.

one thing i noticed about this batch is that the powder seemed very moist. i don't know if this actually means it has more 'active' piracetam per 1/4 teaspoon, as much as that the product itself weighs more by that measure. there were also several clumps of piracetam and i think this might be because of moisture. it could be good idea to through some moisture absorbers in there, or as i do, pour a month supply into a separate container so that the main jar is exposed to less oxygen. also, to be fair, i've never ordered piracetam in bulk before so maybe the moisture isn't anything new. otherwise, word is, BN and RI use the same supplier.

#7 brain

• 148 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:14 AM

i drink it with water. i kind of like the medicinal taste. sometimes i even pour the teaspoons directly into my mouth.

#8 TheLorax

• 29 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:53 AM

i drink it with water. [...]sometimes i even pour the teaspoons directly into my mouth.

Same here - dump it on the tongue, take a swig of water. You'll get over the taste pretty quickly.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#9 ntenhue

• Guest, F@H
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:27 AM

i drink it with water. [...]sometimes i even pour the teaspoons directly into my mouth.

Same here - dump it on the tongue, take a swig of water. You'll get over the taste pretty quickly.

Me too, just dump it straight onto my tongue. Although I use coffee instead of water, it covers up the bitter taste much better!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users