Photo

Chicken flavored deprenyl. 30mg for 1.30

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bgwithadd

• 820 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:44 PM

http://www.drsfoster...d...6-90

Anyone willing to take the chance? What's the worst that could happen? What is the biggest concern, heavy metals? For the price difference, it might be worth it to buy a bunch and then crush some of it up and pay the 80 bucks to have it tested for heavy metals. What else might be in there that's bad? I guess a lot of things, but that seems to be the biggest worry.

#2 skinniest200

• 69 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:38 AM

The 5mg tablets are a better value at $.20 a piece, plus better for human dosing if you want to avoid inhibiting MAO-A. I'd be brave enough to try them if I run out of the deprenyl I have, but I'm not really taking it right now. Also, it looks like they want a prescription from a veterinarian for them.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:27 AM

http://www.drsfoster...d...6-90

Anyone willing to take the chance? What's the worst that could happen? What is the biggest concern, heavy metals? For the price difference, it might be worth it to buy a bunch and then crush some of it up and pay the 80 bucks to have it tested for heavy metals. What else might be in there that's bad? I guess a lot of things, but that seems to be the biggest worry.

The label says that it was produced by Apotex. They are pretty real. You could always get in touch with them and seek a COA. If there's anything bad in it, it probably came in by way of the chicken flavor. I wonder if the chicken flavor is in the form of a coating that could be scraped off?

#4 bgwithadd

• Topic Starter
  • 820 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:42 AM

Is suspect it's probably all the same. I could not fidn any places to sell it with no prescription, though. It's kind of maddening. I have only halfheartedly tried to get my md to prescribe dprenyl because I know that sort of thing is hard to explain. Myabe I can find a life extension doctor or something.

#5 wkdnlazy

• 26 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:58 AM

I'll refrain from saying what swallowing selepryl tastes like for want of sounding crude, but I'd prefer it to chicken any day ;)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#6 skinniest200

• 69 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:42 AM

If there's anything bad in it, it probably came in by way of the chicken flavor. I wonder if the chicken flavor is in the form of a coating that could be scraped off?

The chicken flavor is just from the capsule of the 30mg capsule brand, which is the more expensive, harder to dose, sketchier looking of the two brands.

Is suspect it's probably all the same. I could not fidn any places to sell it with no prescription, though. It's kind of maddening. I have only halfheartedly tried to get my md to prescribe dprenyl because I know that sort of thing is hard to explain. Myabe I can find a life extension doctor or something.

You mean you can't find an old dog that's dumb and take it to a vet, and maybe bring a sad child along with you ;) ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users